It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A case of Mistaken Identity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The following happened about 30 minutes ago.

I was walking to the train station to head home after an appointment when I noticed somebody eyeing me from across the path. I didn't think much of it until I saw him continue to look at me, drop his bags and walk over to me. I had never seen him before, but he seemed to think he knew me. He started asking me why I was harassing his sister. I responded that I did not know what he was talking about and that he was mistaken. He pressed on further, saying that I was harassing his sister on the bus last week. I stated clearly that I did not know what he was talking about and that he must have the wrong person.

Refusing to believe me, he said his sister had just identified me and I was the one. So I asked where his sister was and he told me that she was scared, hiding while he came to confront me. At this stage, I was beginning to doubt his intentions and glanced around to see that I wasn't being approached by anybody else. It was in a very open, public area with lots of people walking not far from where we were talking.

He asked if I was calling his a sister a liar, to which I replied that no I wasn't but she must be confusing me with somebody else. He gave me a cold stern look, I didn't flinch or move and met his stare back with equal force. I asked him then if I came across as the type of person that would harass somebody else. I then stated it seemed like I was randomly approached. He said I seemed like a "reasonable person". So I suggested he go to the cops if his sister is having trouble with harassment. "Why would I go to the police?" he responded. I replied "because it's their job to enforce the law and stop harassment."

Eventually I just said, "you should be more careful who you accuse of such things in the future." This could have gone on forever, so I decided to reiterate the point that he was mistaken. I walked off calmly and headed to the train.

From what have I described, do you believe I handled the situation correctly?

edit on 27/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
You handled it much better than I would have! Good thing he was the talking type and not the punching type. Sounds like you did a great job deescalating the situation.

I find it really weird that his sister pointed you out and then was "hiding" nearby, I'm not sure why but it gives me a weird vibe. Like it was a set up you avoided.

Happy this ended for you the way it did and that nothing dangerous happened during the confrontation.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

From what have I described, do you believe I handled the situation correctly?

Yes, this person by the sounds of it was a few sandwiches short of a picnic, and sometimes when a person like that has delusional episodes they can be violent. I would have gotten out of these asap as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
High level subliminals have been sent out this evening over devices to activate women in America.

The game is called "lets you and him fight",
but what their subconscious thinks they are doing
is counting-guns to see how many decent men are left who will do what they want.

Be careful out there this week guys.
Quick with the phone to record video for your own defense,
and slow to be provoked.

If a woman comes to you with an issue or complaint make her put it in writing first.
It will help her clarify her own feelings, and desires.

/good luck

Mike Grouchy

edit on 27-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: imperative

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Full moon out tonight?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: HushedNoLonger

I thought I handled it well, although I probably allowed it to continue longer than it should have. The whole "discussion" took about 2-3 minutes in total, but it felt longer. The guy was about equal to me in size, though he looked maybe 5-10 years younger. (I am currently 30).

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

He didn't seem intoxicated or high. His actions didn't seem threatening or irrational, only what he was saying. I do get the feeling that the "stare down" was a key reason it didn't turn physical. I don't know why, but that stare felt like a test of sorts.

a reply to: mikegrouchy

Interesting.

Just to be clear: I live in Melbourne, Australia and this happened during the afternoon earlier today.

ETA: For those wondering why I shared this: to see if anybody else has had a similar experience, and to warn others if they are approached by a guy claiming you harassed his sister.

edit on 27/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

He didn't seem intoxicated or high. His actions didn't seem threatening or irrational, only what he was saying. I do get the feeling that the "stare down" was a key reason it didn't turn physical. I don't know why, but that stare felt like a test of sorts.

I would hazard a guess and say that you stare in return had enough of a look of intent for him to let it go and try someone else, hoping for a soft target.

The reason i jumped on the mental health bandwagon was because around 20 years ago i had a similar experience, and this guy was nuts, like certifiable.
edit on 27-2-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I would hazard a guess and say that you stare in return had enough of a look of intent for him to let it go and try someone else, hoping for a soft target.

The reason i jumped on the mental health bandwagon was because around 20 years ago i had a similar experience, and this guy was nuts, like certifiable.

I think you might be right about the searching for a soft target thing, but it's weird the guy did it in such an open area with so many potential witnesses.

Fair enough about the mental health prediction. Hope it also turned out alright for you back then.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Everyone has a double , many years ago in a pub one night friends who knew me well asked why i passed them on on the street and not said hello to them , I looked and explained that it could not have been me as i was working that saturday , they did not believe me until i called over one of the guys who i was working with and was out for a few beers with confirmed this to them , which left them shocked but months later i met my double and we had a laugh about how many people had called him William over the years

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Hope it also turned out alright for you back then.

I knew people who knew him from school and they warned me about him, i stayed away from him and when he did confront me one day, i acted in a similar manner to what you did, and that was the last time i saw or heard from him.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I get confused with other people regularly, which is odd because I don't think I look like an "everyman", but who knows why.

It tends to happen in waves; nothing eventful for months and then a solid week of people coming up and calling me Dave or something.
The best was a guy who approached me outside a community college saying "DAVE (or whatever)! I can't believe you're alive! I heard you died in a cyclone!"
He was sincere, no sign of a scam or anything like that. But apparently one of my clones died in a cyclone somewhere, so RIP, I guess.

I'd say yours is a genuine case of mistaken identity. It's a bit unnerving.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

High level subliminals have been sent out this evening over devices to activate women in America.

hmmm...care to state how you came to this conclusion?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Does it matter?
Take it or leave it pretty much sums it up. Any day anywhere in the US there are masses of insecure females willing to start crap just playing head games.

ROFLMAO!!!
Truth

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

there are masses of insecure females willing to start crap

Thats self evident, I still want to know something of the claim of "subliminals"

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Maybe he was just waiting for you to ask to talk to his sister and hope you were dumb enough to follow him to where she was hiding. (In a "dark alley" somewhere or something?)

top topics

join