It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2017 Oscars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I was with a friend (who's a strong pro-hilary voter) and we decided to watch the Oscar's. We went and bought beers.

Sat down and here as anticipated, I said "I hope they just stick to the ceremony and the art and not start spewing political sh*t. Not a soap box especially as a host to express their opinion.

And he said "well it's going to happen it's freedom of speech" which I said yes but there's a time for everything.

Like clock work, the host Jimmy Kimmel kept taking jabs at Trump, at one point with Meryl Streep. And the audience laughed and clapped.

He said "look even everybody there hates Trump"

I said no, they're laughing at the joke about Trump saying Meryl Streep is over rated and their not going to boo her it's a film industry gathering. Meryl Streep has her views on Trump and he has his on her. Who cares. I bet there's a lot in the audience who is for Trump or simply doesn't care about politics. Etc etc.

Over a course of an hour, we kept debating back and forth and this is where, sadly, it reconfirmed what is obvious and what that side is pushing and that's division and chaos. To that point how butt hurt their party lost.

I said, if you're for open borders and not caring having undocumented refugees pour in and basically not care for our security and not focus on us first well that's pretty sad. Look at Chicago etc

He said yeah "maybe we need that so the country crumbles and rebuilds from the ground up"

...tl;dr

Jimmy Kimmel should of been put in check. Period. Whether pro Trump or not, leave it out.

I never been more proud to be American. God bless.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So much for your theory!

Watch the ending??

If it was so anti Trump why announce La La Land and not the real winner??

Leave politics out unless you can show both sides.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hollywood is so full of idiots it's not even funny. They can't even do the Oscars right, lol. Good thing Hollywood doesn't represent average Americans. They are so disconnected with reality it's not even funny.

#ScrewHollywood
edit on 26-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have talked personally to a few liberals and one here said that our country should fall apart and then the liberals could restart it. Where the hell did they get the idea that they would take over. This liberal is a friend of mine locally, she seems to be a little nuts. Don't these people realize what will happen if our government goes bust. Everyone loses everything they have, we sill have to pay back the people who our government borrowed from, Social security will be gone, everyone's stock will be worthless because American money will be worthless. There is no smooth transmission, everyone will be poor unless they have investments in other countries.

There is no free ride, You lose your savings too, but what you owe is not gone, you still owe those bills.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

I didn't watch that junk. I'm not into watching a bunch of narcissistic sociopaths pat each other on the back while the world burns.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

And I imagine you would have created this thread if actors and actresses were saying anti-Hillary things at award shows as well, yes?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Apparently the Russians hacked the best picture award.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

And I imagine you would have created this thread if actors and actresses were saying anti-Hillary things at award shows as well, yes?

Read my original post. I said whether pro trump or not, they should focus on the ceremony.

Also considering Hillary lost, it would be irrelevant to the ceremony as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

He said yeah "maybe we need that so the country crumbles and rebuilds from the ground up"

That's the fundamental radical leftist belief system and hope. It's fundamentally nihilistic, because there's no such thing as Utopia, only a steady march in favor of an ideal, which making use of the space of freedom and self-determination to make of life what we will.

There's no need to tear down the whole country and then rebuild it from the ground up, that's crazy.

It's kind of in favor of chaos and destruction, sort of like the place where the left meets the left-hand path in the concept of out of chaos, order.

It's a bad philosophy and fatally flawed presupposition.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm glad you all so vehemently support Free speech and platform so you won't complain about this

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I still fail to understand the point of having these stupid award ceremonies only created for rich bigots so they can pat each others back for their 'cough' great accomplishments and iconic density for bending over more powerful rich bigots all so they can be part of the big fing club. - George Carlin would agree, these people are lame ass idiots.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hollywood has always gotten political. Why do people still cry about it?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Oh the irony of this post

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Can you blame them? You have an Administration that openly attacks the arts & humanities which is at the core of their profession. Not to mention Trump labels Meryl Streep an 'over-rated actress' and you don't expect a backlash? If the Administration had defunded college football and labeled the NFL for being a game of pussies I'll bet the Super Bowl half-time show would have gone differently as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

'Moonlight' wins best picture after 'La La Land' mistakenly announced

Does anybody "get" the political "error" with that "act" ?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It's kind of sad to see what liberal Hollywood has done to Kimmel, he was actually a pretty down to earth guy when he hosted The Man Show with Adam Carolla. It's interesting to see how different they turned out.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

edit on 27-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I stopped watching everything but the "In Memoriam" segment after "Titanic" won Best Picture in 1998.

Hollywood is a joke and cannot be taken seriously. They don't have a tenth of the class of the true stars of Hollywood history.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Can you blame them? You have an Administration that openly attacks the arts & humanities which is at the core of their profession. Not to mention Trump labels Meryl Streep an 'over-rated actress' and you don't expect a backlash? If the Administration had defunded college football and labeled the NFL for being a game of pussies I'll bet the Super Bowl half-time show would have gone differently as well.

She is overrated. Helen Mirren kicks her a**.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

'Moonlight' wins best picture after 'La La Land' mistakenly announced

Does anybody "get" the political "error" with that "act" ?

Yep. Watch as the award goes to the black-majority film BUT WAIT it has to be explicitly taken from the immensely popular white folks from the movie everyone thought would win!!! Such symbolism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join