It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain SEAL’s dad wants answers: ‘Don’t hide behind my son’s death’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
William "Ryan" Owen was the first Navy Seal that was killed in Trumps first Spec Ops mission.

When Trump brought Ivanka with to go meet with the family...Owen's parents refused to meet him.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,’’ Owens recalled telling the chaplain who informed him that Trump was on his way from Washington. “I told them I don’t want to meet the President.”

“I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him,” Owens said Friday, speaking out for the first time in an interview with the Miami Herald.
Owens, also a military veteran, was troubled by Trump’s harsh treatment of a Gold Star family during his presidential campaign. Now Owens was a Gold Star parent, and he said he had deep reservations about the way the decision was made to launch what would be his son’s last mission.

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...

The mission was a mess...30 plus civilians and children killed, a chopper lost and Owens was killed and other DEVGRU wounded.

Yemen ceased it's cooperation with the US pending an investigation.

Owen's dad wants an explanation..

“Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why? For two years prior, there were no boots on the ground in Yemen — everything was missiles and drones — because there was not a target worth one American life. Now, all of a sudden we had to make this grand display?’’

U.S. Military Sources Claim Trump Approved Yemen Strike Without Enough Preparation
nymag.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Are you pro or anti Trump or just reporting a story, I am just asking because I have made statements regarding using victims to further an agenda.

I think it is offensive to use a victim to push anti propaganda.

+30 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

Do you find it equally offensive if the President uses our soldiers so that he can play the role of tough guy?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The OP is factual.

"I think it offensive to use a Victim to push anti propaganda"

Are facts only facts when spoken by a Trump supporter?

This Victims father seems to feel his sons life was possibly used for a Pro Trump Propaganda purpose..if accurate I would imagine that would offend you as well?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The father has every right to be pissed off. You would think Trump and his people would have thought to get more intel seeing how Obama shelved this mission because of poor intel. And to think some of the idiots who work for Trump called this a victory.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamALWAYSright

Do you find it equally offensive if the President uses our soldiers so that he can play the role of tough guy?

Yes I do.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Vox Yemen raid

If it wasn't a mature enough plan — if the military planners didn’t have “sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations,” as one of the unnamed military officials later told Reuters — then they shouldn't have brought it to Trump to approve in the first place. Indeed, Col. John Thomas, a spokesperson for US Central Command (CENTCOM), the combatant command responsible for operations in the Middle East, acknowledged as much in a statement Wednesday: "CENTCOM asks for operations we believe have a good chance for success and when we ask for authorization we certainly believe there is a chance of successful operations based on our planning.”

The New York Times reported that “President Barack Obama’s national security aides had reviewed the plans for a risky attack on a small, heavily guarded brick home of a senior Qaeda collaborator in a mountainous village in a remote part of central Yemen.” However, the article says, “Mr. Obama did not act because the Pentagon wanted to launch the attack on a moonless night and the next one would come after his term had ended.” That paragraph came in between two paragraphs describing Trump and his top advisers approving the raid over dinner at the White House.

The Times article seemed to be trying — rather unsubtly — to draw a contrast between the idea of a cautious, deliberate Obama and the image of Trump casually signing off on a risky operation while sitting at the dinner table.

How about we look at them being tipped off. I would look at those muslims caught spying in DC first. Remember those guys who showed up on the news for a day and have since disappeared.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sad, either way. He does need to know the truth, yet he declined to hear from President Trump. I'd say I'm at a loss for words in this case.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The OP is factual.

"I think it offensive to use a Victim to push anti propaganda"

Are facts only facts when spoken by a Trump supporter?

This Victims father seems to feel his sons life was possibly used for a Pro Trump Propaganda purpose..if accurate I would imagine that would offend you as well?

Definitely not a Trump supporter. I have said it is offensive to use a victim of Muslim violence to push anti Muslim rhetoric than I must also be honest and say it is equally offensive to do the same regarding Trump.

That is why I am asking if you are using this story to push an Anti Trump agenda or just reporting the story. As for Trump supporters and facts, well, they rarely go hand in hand.

As for the father, he may just want answers and not pushing any agenda. If he is using his son's death for an agenda than, yes, that is offensive.
edit on 26-2-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So the guy said he didn't want to make a scene about it.

What does the anti crowd do? Makes a scene about it.

Way to totally ignore his wishes...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
So the guy said he didn't want to make a scene about it.

What does the anti crowd do? Makes a scene about it.

Way to totally ignore his wishes...

Sometimes people's wishes come true , yet they walk away from them blindly. I think that was the case. Trump probably would have told him, yes, it totally was a fk up. And I'm sorry, is there anything you wish for me to do now concerning your son's death. Please tell me.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I realize weak people have difficulty handling grief but somone should tell this guy he is dishonorong his dead son's service greatly.

It is likely due to leaks from Obama's left-behinds, particularly those *snip* brothers in IT who tipped off the terrorists.
edit on 26-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I realize weak people have difficulty handling grief but somone should tell this guy he is dishonorong his dead son's service greatly.

It is likely due to leaks from Obama's left-behinds, particularly those Paki brothers in IT who tipped off the terrorists.

Mocking this man's grief is beyond low. How a person handles their grief differs from others.

Also creating lies to cover Trump's incompetent butt does not help anyone.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No problem... Dont blame Trump for your adult sons decision to join the military and the special forces.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

And what qualifies you to make the claim that he is dishonoring his son? It is, after all, HIS son. It isn't your son.

And btw, punk rock is dead.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

No problem... Dont blame Trump for your adult sons decision to join the military and the special forces.

That's right. The people who make the decisions where the military and special forces go have no accountability or responsibility to our service members. Apparently?
edit on 26-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I believe this man was "blaming Trump" for a rushed meaningless grandstanding poorly planned military operation that needlessly killed his son.

What has happened to basic dignity in regard to our fallen soldiers?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The fact that Trump shamelessly used it for self-promotion might have something to do with the father's anger...

Just sayin' ...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

"because there was not a target worth one American life"

I lost sympathy for him. 30 something dead over there. Lives destroyed. He doesn't object to what happened in Yemen. He said it himself -- "everything was missiles and drones". It was combat and there were causulties. I'm sorry he lost his son but I imagine a drone strike could have cost more lives in Yemen. This idea that American lives are worth more than others is obscene.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Read my post and try again guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join