It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the terrorist behind the next women’s march

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What a peach huh?

The document was co-authored by, among others, Rasmea Yousef Odeh, a convicted terrorist. Odeh, a Palestinian, was convicted in Israel in 1970 for her part in two terrorist bombings, one of which killed two students while they were shopping for groceries. She spent 10 years in prison for her crimes. She then managed to become a US citizen in 2004 by lying about her past (great detective work, INS: Next time, use Google) but was subsequently convicted, in 2014, of immigration fraud for the falsehoods. However, she won the right to a new trial (set for this spring) by claiming she had been suffering from PTSD at the time she lied on her application. Oh, and in her time as a citizen, she worked for a while as an ObamaCare navigator.

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If they've even heard of her or this op-ed. Things don't really work the way they used to. A post goes up on social media for a march on such and such a date, it goes viral... people show up.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

don't pretend you don't understand what these older ladies stand for, or what they are promoting.
when the young ones start getting their faces sprayed with pepper spray, or heads cracked with batons and carted off to jail for attacking people, destroying property or anything else that is violent. for coming out and marching violently because three militant old ladies told them that they should protest the misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic and racist trump policies. that's the primrose path.

when that happens you'll be one of the first screaming they have a right to protest, never mind all violence that they may have caused.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Yeah, I read the article from the fake news New York Post (owned by NewsCorp) ... which states that she was convicted for her part in two terrorist bombings one of which killed two students.

It doesn't say she planned the bombings, carried out the bombings, or that she was charged with murder for the two deaths.

Wonder why?

She was sentenced to life in prison in Israel for her involvement in two terrorist bombings in Jerusalem in 1969, one of which killed two people, and involvement in an illegal organization, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). She spent 10 years in prison before she was released in a prisoner exchange with the PFLP in 1980.[8]

Wiki

Emphasis mine.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So you contend that they should condemn the women bomber who killed 2 students that were shopping for groceries?

I think they should.

If they've even heard of her or this op-ed.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If Charles Manson was released from prison today, he could put on a skirt, denounce Trump and have women marching for him within weeks.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Uhhh... no.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well there you go.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Maybe have Ted Bundy write a manifesto for the Manson march.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

don't pretend you don't understand what these older ladies stand for, or what they are promoting.
when the young ones start getting their faces sprayed with pepper spray, or heads cracked with batons and carted off to jail for attacking people, destroying property or anything else that is violent. for coming out and marching violently because three militant old ladies told them that they should protest the misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic and racist trump policies. that's the primrose path.

when that happens you'll be one of the first screaming they have a right to protest, never mind all violence that they may have caused.

So now you're a mind-reader? LOL

I'm not pretending anything. Have you been following the careers of the people who co-wrote the Guardian article?

Did you bother to read the Guardian article?

I'm going to guess that the true answer there is no, as you don't seem to have any actual idea how many of these "Dangerous Old Ladies" even authored the article.

You have no reason to think that there's going to be violence done ... how much violence was done at the last women's march? Do you know anything concrete about that? Or are you just going off the eternally repeated mantra here that all "left" actions are violent.

I submit you're coming to all these stated conclusions based on nothing more than your own preconceptions and the NY Post fake news article. If you want to convince anyone otherwise say something specific rather than wild, baseless propaganda.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Wiki or the Post. Never mind.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

OP, if I may, what "violence" are you trying to compare the imagined violence you see coming up as a result of a newspaper article?

Can you be specific? Because the women's march in DC the day after the Inauguration, as far as I am aware, had no arrests, and no violence.

Neither did most of the "companion rallies" around the country and around the world.

So what's your actual basis for the claims that violence is likely to result from a newspaper article by a handful of professors?
edit on 26-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
OOPs forgot this one?
Madonna Clarifies Comments She Made at Women’s March About Blowing Up the White House: ‘I Do Not Promote Violence’

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
For once, I think conservatives have real reason to be afraid.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
OOPs forgot this one?
Madonna Clarifies Comments She Made at Women’s March About Blowing Up the White House: ‘I Do Not Promote Violence’

Didn't forget that at all. The only folks that think Madonna was publicly announcing a plot to to blow up the White House are the same folks that are terrified of a newspaper article by a few elderly professors.

Not to mention that, as with many "gotcha" quotes, folks who have these fears like to take things out of context.

Here's a little bit of what Madge actually said ...

"Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House ... but I choose love," Madonna said from the main stage area near the National Mall.

Business Insider

She also said a few dirty words, and sang a version of one of her songs. Oh, the horror.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Of what?

What should anyone be afraid of in reference to this topic?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I think the fact that she had to clarify her comments about the violence is telling.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I think the fact that she had to clarify her comments about the violence is telling.

You may have a few preconceived notions in the matter.

Read what she said at the march, or listen to it on Youtube. What she's saying and doing are obvious.

And that is not her concocting a plan to blow up the White House.

This kind of thing ... this hyperbolic nonsensical approach to anything that doesn't agree with your own politics (a quality that seems to be shared among many, including the original post here.) has become utterly absurd in most cases.

If we were to look at these protests in any objective manner, say, based on the number of people involved ... and compare that to the number that have "committed violence" of one sort or another ... anyone could see that those who are doing violent things are a minuscule portion of those in attendance.

Yet, in post after post, wild gestures are made to "the entire Left" as if that's a homogeneous group of individuals committing acts of violence.

It's absurd and offers nothing to productive conversation or a diminishing of divisiveness.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yeah... that a bunch of snowflakes thought a middle aged pop star was going to pot the White House lawn with IED's, so she had to clarify.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Of what?

What should anyone be afraid of in reference to this topic?

Conservatives who fear female empowerment.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join