It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a strong link between basements and paranormal activity?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

With all the weird and unexplainable things that have happened in my house none of them have occurred in the basement. Everything was in the common areas or living quarters.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

With all the weird and unexplainable things that have happened in my house none of them have occurred in the basement. Everything was in the common areas or living quarters.

Yes, officer...nothing weird or unexplainable to see in the basement.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well, not in the paranormal sense anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't know, but I always had to run up the stairs like something was after me, you feel that something is behind you feeling,

Not so much anymore, since I can't run.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I hate my basement at my house too. Someone beat me to it, but I'll say it too. EMF can most definitely mess with our brain. There are many things in the basement that can give off EMF. Maybe the attic too??? Power lines can be close to the roof too so I'm not sure about that one.
Plus there are a lot of pipes in basements with water passing through the ground (we have a well) and into the house. Water can generate spirit activity as it is a conduit.
In my house I avoid the basement. I feel like someone is after me and I also get a bad headache if I stay down there too long. I also don't like one corner of the master bedroom. That corner is right below the power lines leading into the house.
I know for a fact there are spirits here but none of them are harmful.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
And just as I write about basements being the link to paranormal activity in the house, I deal with an incident the other night on the upper floor.
Murphy's law right....
Maybe the basements is just one of the more common areas but it's not confined to there when it comes to a house that is haunted.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There is something about basements in general. Sludge seems to gravitate to lower places. When I was 3 years old I lived in a 2 story building with the second floor as an apartment with 3 bedrooms, a business on the first floor, and a big basement with lots of old rooms. It also had a walk-in cooler, and a second room as a big walk-in freezer. There was a big manhole cover just outside of the walk-in cooler/freezer which was a drain that gurgled. I believed there was a slimy monster living down in that drain and was terrified to even go down there. And for some strange reason at only 3 years old, I would sometimes sleep walk down a stair way that went all the way to that basement which landed at the bottom about 8 feet away from that drain, and I would suddenly wake up sitting on the stairs where I could see that drain.

Waking up and seeing myself there with just moonlight when I shouldn't even be there was like a cattle prod of terror and fear.

Basements, where creepiness lives.... Yeah

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Radon.
Causes brain damage and stuff.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It may be that unused, quiet and darker rooms could be a kind of refuge for spirits/entities/whatever. Light, lots of positive human interactions and all probably wouldn't be conducive for a spirit to hang out in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join