It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why not....the first 100 lies: the trump teams flurry of falsehoods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
a reply to: TinySickTears

1. Yes he is a compulsive liar.

2. Brace yourself for the stream of abuse that will all sound like some combination of "He never lies". "He just exaggerates it's no big deal, but he really is honest". "... but, but, but HILLAREEEE!", and finally, of course " Shut up you stupid head, meany, triggered, snowflake. Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP!"

i know it is coming. sooner or later.
i will be attacked.
already heard he is just old and gets confused....as long as he does not lie about certain things though it is all good.

the point that should bother people is he is clearly a compulsive liar. i get that people lie. everyone lies at some point. politicians lie.
but to lie and stretch the truth about mundane things makes no sense.
i mean what is the point to lie about crowd size or the rain?

he just spews verbal garbage when he talks and the trump lovers totally accept it and dismiss it as he gets confused or he has the wrong info...i understand being confused here and there. maybe the wrong info from time to time.
its a trend with him though...

maybe as the big cheese before you open your mouth take steps to not be confused. take steps to have the right info.
you think

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: seeker1963

Salesmen don't always outright lie, the streeeeeetch the truth. Trump has been streeeeeeetching the truth for so long that he no longer has any idea that he is doing it. It's expedience. I don't think that Trump has the ability to vet his own thoughts, he just pops them out as fact when they come to mind.

Coming from a Super Delegate of the Democratic Party?

That is so rich, it should qualify as fertilizer!

You are a perfect example. You have been spreading that lie about me now for months. It is all you ever have to say in response to any of my posts. I have been calling you out on it everytime I see it as not being true. I have challanged you to find that post you constantly refer to yet you never do. In fact you never even reply to me when I challenge you.

You rely upon some false or misdirected memory and toss it out as fact to what, impress me? Or is it to impress other people and discredit anything I have to say.

Had this happened once I would say that you were mistaken, which if I remember correctly I did. Then you posted it again and again and again, each time I replied and asked you to investigate your claims further. You never have as your reply here indicates.

You are a liar because I have given you numerous oppertunties to discuss your misconception yet you never do, yet you continue to post that same old saw. So you are not mistaken, you are not just streeeeeetching the truth, you are an out right liar.

Not only that, you are so predictable that I wrote out this reply even before you replied just because I saw that you were in this thread.

It isn't a lie!

You said it in one of your posts! I sure as hell am not going to go all the way back and look it up. But I DO remember you saying that you wanted to cast your vote for Bernie but your boss wouldn't allow you!

You made the post not me!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Salesmen don't always outright lie, the streeeeeetch the truth. Trump has been streeeeeeetching the truth for so long that he no longer has any idea that he is doing it. It's expedience. I don't think that Trump has the ability to vet his own thoughts, he just pops them out as fact when they come to mind.

You are a perfect example. You have been spreading that lie about me now for months. It is all you ever have to say in response to any of my posts. I have been calling you out on it everytime I see it as not being true. I have challanged you to find that post you constantly refer to yet you never do. In fact you never even reply to me when I challenge you.

You rely upon some false or misdirected memory and toss it out as fact to what, impress me? Or is it to impress other people and discredit anything I have to say.

Had this happened once I would say that you were mistaken, which if I remember correctly I did. Then you posted it again and again and again, each time I replied and asked you to investigate your claims further. You never have as your reply here indicates.

You are a liar because I have given you numerous oppertunties to discuss your misconception yet you never do, yet you continue to post that same old saw. So you are not mistaken, you are not just streeeeeetching the truth, you are an out right liar.

Not only that, you are so predictable that I wrote out this reply even before you replied just because I saw that you were in this thread.

It isn't a lie!

You said it in one of your posts! I sure as hell am not going to go all the way back and look it up. But I DO remember you saying that you wanted to cast your vote for Bernie but your boss wouldn't allow you!

Show us the post or quit slandering the member.

edit on 26-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Of course it is in the realm of possibility.

Just as every other president he will get things wrong, get the wrong info, or get lines crossed. And there could be out right lying.

Is there a reason he would lie, if not then we have to go to the other explanations. If those don't fit then we are left with is a compulsive liar.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

It isn't a lie!

Find the post and prove your claim. he has called your bluff.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Trump has taken on a cultist persona of being adored by his followers, infact a quasi religion masquerading as politics.

Even if Trump lies it's the truth by the very act of him saying it. Cognitive shortcuts due to idolatry and glorification.

The extraordinary component of this structure is that the true believers will go to any length to protect their belief system.

edit on 26-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The man talks a lot. He is going to get things wrong, get the wrong info, and just get confused. He is 70, and goes the the energizer bunny.

He should work on being accurate. As long as his campaign promises are not lies that will start him off on the right track with the American people.

You know, this is the President of the United States you are talking about...not the old guy down the street with Alzheimers? I don't know which is more sad...the apologies or the deflection.
edit on 26-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

He's referring to your posts in the thread below.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire a reply to: bucsarg As a Super Delegate myself, I can give no opinion. I will just have to await my masters directives.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire a reply to: bucsarg Nope. I only owe explanations to my Super Super Delegate

ats
edit on 26-2-2017 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Politicians lie all the time.

Okay, Trump isn't a politician by nature, but he is certainly becoming one.

do they lie that often that soon?
do they lie about stupid # like crowd size and other things that that make no sense to lie about?

He's an egomaniac. He will do the best he can for you guys.

Forget about the bans and the like, seriously. He's doing what he feels he should be doing, as he said he would.

What I would worry about, is how he is going to deliver it?

Actually he could be only in it for the TRUMP brand,that's why he talks in 3rd person a lot selling his brand like a salesperson would

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

He's referring to your posts in the thread below.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire a reply to: bucsarg As a Super Delegate myself, I can give no opinion. I will just have to await my masters directives.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire a reply to: bucsarg Nope. I only owe explanations to my Super Super Delegate

ats

Thank you so much! I know I am getting old, but by God that is EXACTLY the post I was referring too!

Your words: TerryMcGuire!

As a Super Delegate myself, I can give no opinion. I will just have to await my masters directives.

Now where is my apology TerryMcguire and who is the liar here?
edit on 26-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Of course he is president.

I did not say he had Alz.

No apologies, he gets things wrong or...

Just as every other president he will get things wrong, get the wrong info, or get lines crossed. And there could be out right lying.

Is there a reason he would lie, if not then we have to go to the other explanations. If those don't fit then we are left with is a compulsive liar.

You know, this is the President of the United States you are talking about...not the old guy down the street with Alzheimers? I don't know which is more sad...the apologies or the deflection.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

but this president seems to get things wrong a lot. seems to get the wrong info a lot. seems to get lines crossed a lot.

when will people admit that he is a compulsive liar?
after his term is up?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I hear crow is delicious.

ohgawd he's soo cute!!
edit on 26-2-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

The man talks a lot. He is going to get things wrong, get the wrong info, and just get confused. He is 70, and goes the the energizer bunny.

He should work on being accurate. As long as his campaign promises are not lies that will start him off on the right track with the American people.

it is odd the amount of deflection and acceptance from his supporters.
i get people make mistakes and mis speak. of course it happen.

with trump though it happens at am alarming rate. not a once every so often kind of deal.

then we have his staff. lets look at conway and her lies.
does she get the same excuses?
old and confused. wrong info?

at some point you would think the excuses and acceptance of this # has to stop. i wonder when that point will be.

ive never seen anything like this before. its like blind acceptance.

like another member said in a different thread.

it is like a cult of personality thing going on.

people on these boards even spew out is words when defending and deflecting.
it is a very strange thing that is happening

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

It isn't a lie!

Who is slandering who? And where is my apology?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It isn't a lie!

Looks like someone needs a safe place, grow some tougher skin kid.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

It isn't a lie!

Looks like someone needs a safe place, grow some tougher skin kid.

Looks like someone was accused of telling a lie and was proven to be telling the truth!

Still awaiting for the apology from a member who called me a liar! Call it a safe space if you will, but I have honor and character, something someday I hope you grow up enough to understand?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The key issue is whether Trump lies intentionally or maliciously. Some people consider all lies to be malicious whether or not the person speaking them intended to be lying or not. (These people NEVER lie of course and can judge from their high pedestal).

Trump simply speaks his mind without first considering the social consequences of his words. This infuriates liberals to a large extent because he does not seem to be bound by the rules of political correctness, which requires one to consider first whether their words might come across as offensive.

Yes, this strategy can be dangerous, especially in politics, but its refreshing to see a President who is not manipulated by emotion and who will do what is best for his country.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You seriously took that post literally and have been using it against him/her since?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

The key issue is whether Trump lies intentionally or maliciously. Some people consider all lies to be malicious whether or not the person speaking them intended to be lying or not. (These people NEVER lie of course and can judge from their high pedestal).

Trump simply speaks his mind without first considering the social consequences of his words. This infuriates liberals to a large extent because he does not seem to be bound by the rules of political correctness, which requires one to consider first whether their words might come across as offensive.

Yes, this strategy can be dangerous, especially in politics, but its refreshing to see a President who is not manipulated by emotion and who will do what is best for his country.

has nothing to do with being PC or offensive.
it has everything to do with being a compulsive liar which in my opinion he is.

i dont get how poeple, you for example can take his history of words and actions since elected as he will do what is best for the country...

isnt whats best for the country to be truthful and honest. you know, integrity?
i get the public can not be told about all things. national security and such.

but this man lies for the hell of it is seems like.
it happens too often in my opinion to attribute it to bad info or confusion.

if it is bad info then this man needs to drain his own swamp and surround himself with people that will give him the right info.

ive already said everyone lies. this man is the head of it all though and has a compulsion about it. it is excessive.
i guess it bothers me that it does not bother more people.
i dont see how people so easily just dismiss it as he is confused. or he is just old...

i would like to see people admit that this man is a compulsive liar. i dont see how that can be disputed

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join