It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of the Mud-Pit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Of course not, but it's been almost 50 threads since the last one, that must be a record.

Are people finally finding some common grounds, or are they just getting tired of the non-stop flaming?

Regardless, it's quite refreshing.

edit on 26-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

A new phase of friendly fire prior to a treaty maybe

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Snowflakes, libtards, triggered, safeplace etc got old.

Worry not, more nonsensical jabs are in the works.
The mudpit will be back in full swing by next pres press conferences

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It is refreshing to a degree, but I don't think it's going to be very long-lived.

Sometimes I actually like the mud-pit because I don't always have to form ideas that I don't seem to be able to form as well. If I don't understand something and am ignorant, I can still post away. I've actually learned things in the mud-pit, believe it or not - It's just learning that had to be done in a different way.

Sometimes I can be hard-headed, dull, or otherwise just stubborn with some stance or idea - The mud-pit, or rant forum is a good place to get that idea out in the open, receive feedback ( even if it is muddy or rant feedback at times ) and thus be able to alter my thoughts on an idea.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Of course not, but it's been almost 50 threads since the last one, that must be a record.

Are people finally finding some common grounds, or are they just getting tired of the non-stop flaming?

Regardless, it's quite refreshing.

I disagree. The toxicity is bleeding over into other threads now ... and is going unmoderated. There's no need to start a thread in the Mud Pit when the whole of the boards has become 'fair game' to a certain outspoken side of politics.

They're going to force ATS to ruins.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Oh I have no doubt that it will come back. I wonder if this thread can postpone it even further. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I thought it said "Death in the Mud Pit".

And I said to myself, "I'm not surprised."

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yea I have noticed that too, but it has slowed down and even the usual suspects that start the fire are holding back.
edit on 26-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh your right what a beautiful sight.

Maybe well have more paranormal and ufo threads....

I was almost hopping you were going to say the mods removed the mudpit

which I would applaud as well.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I thought it said "Death in the Mud Pit".

And I said to myself, "I'm not surprised."

Highly disappointed that was not the case. I had already made a list of potential victims and perpetrators and wanted to see how close I got.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

ATS "Deadpool"

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

ATS "Deadpool"

Will Ryan Reynolds star in this one too?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

ATS "Deadpool"

Will Ryan Reynolds star in this one too?

I think he already is.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing.

A certain Mod attacks me on a weekly basis.

All because of my political views.

If it wasn't for the pit. Most of my posts get pulled down.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

It is refreshing to a degree, but I don't think it's going to be very long-lived.

Sometimes I actually like the mud-pit because I don't always have to form ideas that I don't seem to be able to form as well. If I don't understand something and am ignorant, I can still post away. I've actually learned things in the mud-pit, believe it or not - It's just learning that had to be done in a different way.

Sometimes I can be hard-headed, dull, or otherwise just stubborn with some stance or idea - The mud-pit, or rant forum is a good place to get that idea out in the open, receive feedback ( even if it is muddy or rant feedback at times ) and thus be able to alter my thoughts on an idea.

Man Trumper or libtard we must all be nutcases to think we can win arguments in cyberspace! lol

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The mud-pit is funny to me, because people openly expose themselves and their full buy-in to one or the other ridiculous political "sides."

If I was a true-believer Democrat or Republican, not only would I be embarrassed to admit it, I'd be super self-conscious of repeating the mantras and "name-calling" dictated to me by my chosen tunnel vision selection of propaganda sources.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"It takes only three attempts to repeat thyself to realize a fourth is madness." - eisegesis

The people who's opinions aren't going to change are the one's that argue the most (ironic). What's most destructive, like watching two gamecocks try to peck each other to death, is when they argue with each other.

edit on 26-2-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's like the Tyrant in Resident Evil, sure it'll disappear to catch it's breath but you know that f#er's coming back twice as strong with even more disgusting appendages to annoy you with.

But good riddance to it, what a cesspool

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What we are experiencing right now is a time of relfection. People are starting to realize how foolish they've been.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Even though I have played in the mud a few times.

...............friends don't let friends play in the mud.....
..................How about an ATS challenge starting now 24 hours without mudpit threads.

I know it's a pipe dream.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join