It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few thoughts on "The Wall"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I sent an email to Whitehouse.gov today about the proposed southern border wall... I should have copied and pasted what I sent but at the time I did not think about it as my wife was all over me for being almost late for a Tee off time at the local golf course.

The purpose of this thread is to share some ideas and experiences I had with an electronic wall that was used during war time.

in the late 60s and early 70s we had motion sensors and sniffers (sniffers could detect a body just by the smell and could even tell what someone was cooking or what they had eaten the next day during a bowel movement; or so the story went).

The motion sensors looked like a plant in every way unless you were to touch one and then you would know it was plastic. They could be dropped out of aircraft and due to the way they were weighted they would strike the ground and their long sensor probe (8 to 10 inches) would bury itself all the way up to the base of the fake plant. The motion sensors could also be placed by hand. As far as I know area 51 uses some of these same sensors that look like the local plants.

Now the advantage of the sensor wall would be if someone tried to tunnel, the sensors would pick it up.. If someone was using a catapult to throw drugs across the border they would be detected by the impact of the drug parcel. Walking, running, crawling, or riding could be detected and this was back in the late 60s so I can only imagine how much better the tech is or could be today.

Back in the day, a false positive contact could and did occur by monkeys foraging or the occasional deer passing through a sensor area.

The whole fixed wall thing is a problem with the cost and for those who end up on the wrong side of the wall even though they are on the US side of the border.. That has happened in Southern Texas... Part of your farm/home becomes worthless...

Even at expensive military pricing the whole sensor wall could be build for a very small fraction of what a fixed wall would cost and IMO eliminate many fixed wall problems.

Sensor data for a given area could be relayed to that areas command post where agents could be sent to investigate or capture if need be.. With the way cameras have evolved having actual Border Patrol agents sent on false alarms would be greatly decreased with just a few strategically located cameras overlooking an area.... and of course the cameras would be looking like a tall local plant..

My email was much shorter and more to the point but golly Gee I do hope someone in government looks at the feasibility of what I am proposing and IMO is known to work..

OK I feel I did my patriotic job for today and even managed to make a little money on the golf course.. those who believe in open borders Flame away !

Those who have thought or are experienced with what I have posted I would like to hear your thoughts, especially if you have any kind of handle on the current cost of an area sensor network as I have described..

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Raytheon has a wall that's made out of the same technology that they use for Active Denial. It can not only burn the crap out of you if you try to cross it, it detects motion near the wall.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Raytheon has a wall that's made out of the same technology that they use for Active Denial. It can not only burn the crap out of you if you try to cross it, it detects motion near the wall.

I am semi aware of some of the active denial systems available but am not knowledgeable of the cost of the systems. I am also aware all you have to do is fry or make it very uncomfortable in a given area and the traffic will stop.

So what do you think of an electronic wall ?

edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I am semi aware of some of the active denial systems available but am not knowledgeable of the cost of the systems. I am also aware all you have to do is fry or make it very uncomfortable in a given area and the traffic will stop.

It might be cheaper than mortar and concrete blocks.

Although I still think you could put up internet linked cameras and remote controlled rifles and get people to pay to stand a watch on the 'wall'. It would pay for itself the first year.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I don't know that it would cost less, but it's something I've been wondering why we didn't do long ago.

Gonna take a bashing for this, but many workers come up here year after year and are "known quantities" to their employers. Extending a seasonal work visa program wouldn't kill us. Close down the border and let each employer submit info on how many workers, and who. It's ridiculous to say these employers don't know who is currently illegal.

The electronic wall would be a much better option.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

"A few thoughts on "The Wall"

It's a great Pink Floyd tune.

Don't build it because it simply wont do what it says on Trumps tin.

It will cost an arm and a leg to construct, maintain and police in any kind of effective manner.

And end of the day, sensor networks aside, ropes, ladders and tunnels somewhat negate the concept.

Then there is the simply fact that these illegal aliens will simply find another point of egress into the country.
edit on 26-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Just a reminder: there is already a wall on the southern border. It includes physical barriers and electronic surveillance.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I think it's a better idea than a physical wall, but I also know that all one needs to do is take a "vacation" to the US and stay in order to illegally immigrate.

Though, it would probably help cut down on contraband imports - though legalizing would entirely eliminate that as a problem.

I'd be interested to know what percentage of imam immigration is currently from "walk overs" versus "overstayers."

ETA: Seek and you shall find, padowan: Visa Overstays biggest and growing problem
edit on 2/26/2017 by dogstar23 because: Learned things

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I think it's a better idea than a physical wall, but I also know that all one needs to do is take a "vacation" to the US and stay in order to illegally immigrate.

Though, it would probably help cut down on contraband imports - though legalizing would entirely eliminate that as a problem.

I'd be interested to know what percentage of imam immigration is currently from "walk overs" versus "overstayers."

ETA: Seek and you shall find, padowan: Visa Overstays biggest and growing problem

www.reference.com...#

Quick Answer
It is estimated that there are approximately 720,000 Mexicans who cross the border each year illegally. Approximately half of these are caught by border control

That said half but other numbers say those who are caught are a much lower percentage. Many who are caught say they will cross again within 10 days..

I have actually known one who had a job in the states and got captured for a DUI and found to be illegal.. He was back at his job within three months with a new ID. He was a foreman for a drywall company.. Great worker and as long as his paperwork looked good the company was happy to have him back by any other name because he managed the other workers so well.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In 4 years there will be a few miles of chainlink fence with an increased force of PRIVATE boarder patrol units. I doubt if it will put much of a dent of illegals crossing the border. Most will just fly into LAX or Atlanta on a tourist visa anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Ease of function aspects aside, I am not in favor of band aid repairs as it is let alone ones with loop holes. Measures of this speculation can be turned off and dismantled with the flick of a switch. I am neutral on the subject... don't offer much thought beyond personal borders really.

I always advise to have mathematicians that are able to actually add 44+44 and use technologies as a secondary source, and not so much the ones that need a calculator.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
place electricity on the wall, spikes, mines, sentry guns, nukes, everything harmful so they can't cross level 99 border security.
edit on 26-2-2017 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
American government (and British, we have crap gov too, I'm not biased lol) are so retarded if they think a wall is going to stop immigrants lol, never heard of tunnels then guys?

You guys are now going to be putting cash in the cartels pockets, every drug cartel has their own tunnels leading under the border, they are damn pros at tunneling without the authorities having a clue just look at el chapo's escape, the tunneling was beautifully done and hit their target with inch perfect accuracy
There was one that impressed me a few years ago, it led to a garage with a hydraulic floor that hid the tunnel with a miniature train system similar to the el chapo escape train
The only time these tunnels are found is through tip offs but for every tunnel that gets shut down another 2 or 3 have been dug
Tunnels have always been criminals best friends through out the ages, just a lil research will show even you guys used tunnels through prohibition to hide stuff from your own governments
I know drug gangs here have started a little sideline and putting their power boats to use every time they run the channel, they used to just carry bags of drugs back from Europe and now its drugs and people at £500 a head.

I bet if the cartels start sending people through they will also be used as mules and will flood the US with even more drugs then you have already, they would be cutting out the middle man who gets paid to bring drugs across the border and forcing immigrants who have probably already paid a high price to use the tunnel to carry a cr@p load with them

We have 28+ miles of water between us and France and the lil b@stards still make it here lol

Good luck tho guys, I mean it good luck I really hope I'm wrong and it works as I live in an area taken over by immigrants I hate it, its not safe for my wife and daughter to go out alone in town after dusk

edit on 26-2-2017 by TigStar82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Someone needs to send President Trump down to Area 51.

Seems to me, they always know when someone is approaching. Many have talked about their motion detectors. Their heat and scent detectors. I can only imagine they have the same 2K distance around Area 51 that they monitor. Also, why not use drones?

I mean, if we're going to do this, perhaps they need to get real about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

i guess you never heard of seismic detectors? there is so much fairly low cost tech that could be added to even a junky wall that would make tunnels a grave rather than a doorway.

Imagine a seismic detector triangulating movement in a certain sector. A few minutes later border patrol rolls up, digs a narrow hole a few feet down, places an explosive charge, rolls away to a safe distance and then detonates. Even if it doesnt take down the whole tunnel....guaranteed it will make those rats piss their pants and give up.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I read the wall will cost $30 Billion but that the yearly cost of illegals is nearly $130 Billion. So once it's up and functioning it will be paid for in the first quarter of operation. Not a bad payback in any business sense.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The Wall is being built as a first step in cleaning up Mexico,the Drug Czars are living on borrowed time...the world is changing and Global syncronicity is being catalysed as we speak at exponential speeds.

Once Mexico is walled in then the Mexican Government .....the new one the Mexican People WANT ......will divide and concour the Gangs now running the Country....one...by...one....by ...one...by...one........and within only a few years Mexico will be THRIVING and contributing to the Global Economy at an unprecedented level.....and the Wall will be kept as a SYMBOL OF MEXICOS INDEPENDANCE DAY.......when the good people of Mexico finally took back their country.

When The Donald said Mexico would help build the wall....he was not blowing smoke....he was being forthright.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I graciously bow my head in shame to you sir, Seismic detectors had totally passed my thoughts....

Buttt....

I suppose it depends on budget at the end of the day, how far is trump willing to go?
has he budgeted for a wall and all the different types of detectors available to monitor the entire width of the country or is he just going to keep spending until your bankrupt? Has america got cash to spare?

do you go as far as area 51 type security? as this is the ONLY way to keep people out.

If so what happens to the towns/cities right on the border lines?
iv just looked on google maps it seems you have a fair few towns/cities that would need to have marshal law imposed as to not set off these sensors you speak of, no one will be allowed to have a new swimming pool installed just incase they get accused of helping bean eaters tunnel under the border or even have rampant sex in the basement if they are as sensitive as the A51 type lol

iv got loads more questions il let you answer them first

don't get me wrong mate, I'm all for it I wish we could build a big ass wall around England, id cut off Scotland or as I like to call it Alcoholics Anonymous and keep the welsh to come and clean our streets, it would be the most useful thing they've ever done but I just think that none of this is possible in this day and age.
As a father and husband I would rather see that amount of cash and effort put into free health care, I wish the UK had 15 - 25 BILLION to spend on health care let alone a stupid wall but I guess you guys don't care about your families as long as your keeping then dang pesky Mexicans out

You guys all LOVE your guns, why not volunteer your time and ammo to go and patrol the border it would be cheaper for you guys in the long run because you know when it comes to crunch time and Mexico have refused to pay up then your government is going to do what all good governments do and bend their citizens over and shaft them for more tax money. Whats the point of having all these fancy guns if you aint using them, I know they look good in selfies but come on show us what you can really do with them, sort your own problems out the cheap way and save the cash for future generations who are going to have to pay out to remove the wall, just look at Germany, in terms of history, the wall was only up for 5 minutes before it was ripped down again

edit on 26-2-2017 by TigStar82 because: cant spell

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Somewhere in the US in a top secret lab...

Yes soon very soon the government will be able to replace the labor illegal aliens perform in this country with AI drones (laughs hysterically while rubbing fingers). LOL

edit on 26-2-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

edit on 26-2-2017 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

guarantee you plenty of "good old boys" would be more than happy to volunteer for watch duty as long as theres pizza and non alcoholic beer.

as other posters have pointed out the amount of money mexicans in the US send home is billions EVERY MONTH (remittances). Now why thats important is this is money, some of which hasnt been taxed at all, because it was earned off the books, and also because this is money that if earned by AMERICANS would have been put back into the american economy. So its not just that America is being deprived of at least 30 billion a year if not more of money being put into circulation buying american goods and services, its also the domino effect of that money not being used in america which if a dollar value was attached might double or triple the actual economic damage. (less demand, less jobs, less products etc)

60 billion for a wall when we have planes that cost half a billion OR MORE each. The Stealth B-2 clocks in at almost a BILLION dollars!!!

yeah, 60 billion for a wall that will pay for itself in a year or two.....not a big deal AT ALL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join