It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chronicles of Naivety: Wanting to change the world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I've always deemed myself as extremely altruistic, though I've really had no real way to prove it - At least, not to myself, not to my standard.

You see, I want to change the world.

Changing the world, to me, means something different than it does to others. It's not about making one persons day better, it's not about helping where you can - though these are things I strive for and things I respect in others, this is not my goal....no - I want to end homelessness, cure sicknesses, end poverty, and let freedom reign. I want to change the world in a way that would impact the worlds population for the better. I want to help others see their potential and I want society to grow as a whole. I want wars to end, and peace to fill the void left behind.

What type of person actually dreams and wishes for a Utopia, one that came about by their very own actions, by their very own deeds and impact on the world? Such a dream seems not only unrealistic, but fantasy beyond even that in which is depicted in the most fictitious of literature.

Why, then, is it still stuck in my mind? Why can't I let go of this crazy desire - The desire to change the world in ways that even a realist would deem as impossible, and a pessimist would deem ridiculously idealistic and make-believe?

Tell me fellow members - What are your thoughts that you might admit are naive?

-Deadlyhope

edit on 25-2-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Tbh I was so close being an SJW/Regressive Leftist until I saw that it's a huge fallacy like saying whites can't be racist.

And yes flame me all you want but it's true and I am sorry for that.
edit on 2/25/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Hmm? I'm not understanding where you're coming from.

This isn't a political stance, it's a wish.

How I would go about changing the world... I don't know, which is what the premise of this post is. I'm naive to think it's possible, and naive to think I'm the one that should bring change in the first place.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I meant I used to think that destroying "white supremacy" aka leftist revolution will save the US.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Ohhh, yeah. My apologies, I think I just misunderstood your first response.

I am trying to avoid "destruction" mentality a little more - I admit I still have some of it in me, I have always said that Washington needs to burn ( figuratively ) and we need to rise out of the ashes.

But to change the world in a positive, altruistic, idealistic and fantasy way... Would include more peaceful measures rather than any amount of destruction mentality. That's why I'm going for "end poverty" - A step I deem as more positive. Rather than " End greed " - a step that's extremely perception-based and can make one a vigilante rather than a hero.

Like I say, Naive. XD

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Admirable but not realistic and way above your pay grade ... If you had a picture of what perfect would actually look like then you could work towards that goal ...You would need all the data , something that is not aviable ...Hey here is a novel idea . Let God fix it ...when and how He chooses . you can help in your own special way ...just a thought ...peace

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Look your desire you can't get rid of I can't either.
I was going to leave ATS forever after my life was threatened and a whole bunch of other # that was worse than having your life threatened.. You know things that make you take the threats seriously.

But I couldn't help myself and here I am again..

So guess what you're fine..

What you wish what you hope what you want is the ceiling of what can be done.. You have to think BIG , but you don't have to get there. It could be these things change in our life time.

2016 flipped the script in big ways.. If that accelerates I have no idea where this ride is going..

But as long as we are trying to save the world it will be moving in the right direction.

And other people are doing it too.. Wherever you fit in you fit in.. For me it's like Truth is my big one.. I go after any lie I can find and I spread truth when I can and I fight fear with love and you know That's generally it, and in the mean time if I get good at playing guitar I'll be turning my poems into songs or learning how to edit videos..

Moving up where I work to start running things.. IT's whatever it is those are all steps in the right direction, and the energy that keeps me In the Game revved up to go.. IS that hope of saving the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I only started changing my views to my personal encounters with Black Lives Matter and my professor's story.

Once upon time around the 1970s in Iran he was a young left wing revolutionary who participated in the Iranian Revolution. He participated in the revolution because he saw the Shah as an evil dictator suppressing innocent people and that by overthrowing him, they'll save Iran. However, he and many revolutionaries made a huge mistake by allowing the Ayatollah Khomeini in power. In fact one time, somehow made an anonymous tip saying that the Ayatollah's men are hunting him down and that he has to flee Iran (The Ayatollah around this time has started purging any possible opposition including Communists and other political opponents). If he got caught he would have been shown in TV as an American spy and executed.

He was alive and warns about the dangers of radical Islam.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I've had the same desire my whole life myself, honestly. However, let's be frank, most of us would never allow what would need to be done for a Utopia to ever be created. To be honest, a Utopia would be almost invariably be tyrannical to a degree.
The utopian ideology is something that was dust binned into the annuals of philosophical history 120+ years ago. It doesn't keep some of us from dreaming of it, but that's all it is, a dream. I had to come to terms with this when I was relatively young.
A tidbit about myself. I almost fell for the Transhumanist agenda. I truly thought for a while that was the way to go. I really did. Until I actually began looking into, not so much what they wanted to do, but how they wanted to go about doing it. I dropped it like a pair of dirty, stinking socks.
edit on 25-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Spelling error

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I had to change when free speech was under attack.

NAzis never know they are Nazis..

See they are the ones who come out first trying to limit free speech and they BLAME another group as being evil to create a scapegoat.. People on the far left calling anyone on the right a NAzis and that they are going to destroy america, is EXACTLY what the Nazis said about Jews.

The level of Irony is too rich for my blood, I had to make it stop.

That hit me on my hope meter, but on the other hand..

Watching the media self destruct is the best thing I've seen in forever. That outweighed the crazy in my mind.. So far anyway, and it has the chance of correcting the crazy from all sides. We can pull it back in..

I'm still pretty far left just I can't support anything they are doing anymore.

"they" lol
We
Us

We're all in this together.

So yea.. I like my odds.
Future looks yummy.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Why, then, is it still stuck in my mind? Why can't I let go of this crazy desire - The desire to change the world in ways that even a realist would deem as impossible, and a pessimist would deem ridiculously idealistic and make-believe?

-Deadlyhope

Maybe your Created to do such impossible seeming things.
I say seemingly for all it takes is for class...to have a realization of the consequences associated to a selfish planet full of selfish beings. Maybe by attracting more selfish beings unlike them to remind them why it is better to work as one.
As many are placed in immediate positions to either keep seeing race-religions-gender and politics or recognize to survive as a species all must support it the species...

Otherwise the species extinguishes itself with hate and if approached by nonhuman threat fails?
My naiveness is associated with believing it can be done Utopia before Visitations-

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I also used to believe in the idea of "White Privilege" and yes folks I am guilty as sin. I believed that removing this imaginary white privilege will bring peace.

And people attack me all you want, I'm just saying my faults.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I have no interest in attacking you. While I don't agree there's a such of a thing, I do understand how such ideas arise in someone's mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

As a non white American, it's actually easy to buy into the idea because from our point of view it was white people that got all the wealth.

However, I started seeing it's BS after discovering that not all whites have all the wealth. In fact, I've heard of a lot people in the Mid West who lived in squalid conditions that are comparable to the ghetto and what's interesting the Liberal Coastal Elites mocked them by saying that because they are white they should be upper middle class and rich and that if they aren't in any of these categories they are a failure.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's rich or poor and those who don't know they are poor too...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You say things like "Attack me" and "flame me"

Either you are expecting this type of reaction from others, or feel you deserve the reaction.

My advice? Stop.

You're not who you used to be, and a reasonable person will not hold you accountable for your past - Nor does anyone need to know your past. It does give us context, and I think you have a good story to share - Your transition from believing you were saving the world, to realizing you were hurting it. But don't sell yourself short, or hold yourself that accountable to the errors of yesterday. Hold yourself accountable for what you do tomorrow

Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I've always deemed myself as extremely altruistic......I want to end homelessness, cure sicknesses, end poverty, and let freedom reign........ I want to help others see their potential and I want society to grow as a whole.

What are your thoughts that you might admit are naive?

Pardon me please that I edited your text.
I congratulate you Deadly for your courage to voice such "outlandish" concepts in this regressive phase of human history.
Altruism should be our norm, not a concept to challenge.

I lived in such a society, on this planet, if any one should be in doubt. A society where being homeless was an abnormality a problem to solve, the ill were cared for, poverty was an obstacle to over come by education. And Freedom, that ever so elusive term was linked to potential.
Freedom was a matter of being without harming or restricting your neighbor.
Freedom was the ability to grasp and pursue ones greatest potential.
Continuous Education was not only an option, but engrained in society through century long tradition.
To pursue ones potential was encouraged and through education basically free of cost.
I lived their for three decades, thriving and moved across "The Pond" to find that the mightiest nation in the world was the least civilized. Alas I can't return.
But I retain the dream that it is possible.

It is not Utopia, it is real.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
probably used to that behavioral response from others and not feeling deserving at all...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

As a non white American, it's actually easy to buy into the idea because from our point of view it was white people that got all the wealth.

Oh, I can definitely understand how people draw the 'white privilege" conclusion. Many people don't understand it at all, but I can. Maybe it's my centrist political ideology that allows me to see it, I don't know. I tend to look at both sides of the proverbial "coin" on most issues.
edit on 25-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

That I am in control of my own fate.

That I am not in control of my own fate.

Both true, both false.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join