It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Prayer is Assigned as a Form of Punishment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Then neither know what 'prayer' really is!

The way that most people use 'prayer' is to request that "Their Will B Done!"
"Dear God, do this (fill in the blank)! Abracadabra in Jesus' name, Ah men!"

The mystics know that 'prayer' is an at-one-ment, a comm-union with God, Being Universal/God in silent awe...

edit on 25-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

You would think the pope would know and understand that.

Either the pope is turning a blind eye, or he has about as much spiritual discernment as a rock. Either way, this is messed up.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So, an excuse and a little compassion is all that is needed to combat crimes these days.

Illegal entering into a country, pedophilia, ignoring of Federal laws; it is all good.

Looks like the comment, "Our society has embraced insanity, masquerading as compassion", is a sad truth.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Completely accurate .....It would not be too hard to break it down much lower then just being not true ..It may also be a more endemic ...who ? RCC Vatican City ...what ? diplomatic immunity ...when ? when ever they choose ...where ? where ever they choose ....why ? sex drugs rock and roll $$$.... how ? this is a intrigue ...political/religious/Jesuit order/military = war fare by any means ...the ends justify the means .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Pope Francis (Jorge Bergoglio) is the first Jesuit pope. Do you think that affiliation has anything with his leniency in the matter the OP references?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Pope Francis (Jorge Bergoglio) is the first Jesuit pope. Do you think that affiliation has anything with his leniency in the matter the OP references?
Well I don't think you could say that it does not ... I would also like to add that there are Jesuits that cause no harm much like there are RC's that cause no harm ...You can't broad brush the subject because of the innocent other people caught in a trap ...A main tenant of Christianity ( the wheat and the tares ) is a important consideration .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Prayer only would work if they were actually feeling remorse.

How's that???

No amount of Prayer, even honest prayer is going to un-rape those kids.

If they felt remorse already they also wouldn't need prayer because they'd already understand why it's wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Vatican City State ....No Naturally borne citizens ...All citizens have dual citizenship ...A RCC haven in all but a few countries in the world ...This does not mean that they have no connections to these few countries ..enter the Jesuit order to infiltrate all sides ...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think she meant prayer would only work as a punishment if ...

I don't think pedophiles and child molesters have an ability to feel remorse. They abuse over and over and it is only when they get caught that they seek forgiveness.

I say, 'no forgiveness' till justice has been meted out.

Mercy is so overrated when it comes to the truly evil in the world, and in my opinion, this type of behavior is probably the worst there is.

If the pope were truly a spiritual man, he would understand the value of true justice, imo. To deny justice in the name of mercy in cases of pedophilia is worse than the other extreme...cruel and unusual punishment.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I just want to say.....I really don't ever want to say that someone is not 'qualified ' for mercy. ..even though that is what I said earlier. The fact is the Bible does say that mercy triumphs over judgment. It also says that ALL of us have fallen short....so that ALL of us are depending on God's mercy.

Now regarding what should be done with these men involved in these acts. ...I don't know. ...but I believe that at the least they need to be prevented from ever being in a position to abuse anymore children. Beyond that I don't know what the best course of action for them would be.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Either the pope is turning a blind eye, or he has about as much spiritual discernment as a rock. Either way, this is messed up.

Another Perspective might be that most folks are/would seek 'social revenge', punishment following (hopefully) a judgment/conviction.
Though, perhaps, a bit indelicate, the job of the pope, theoretically, is not to 'judge', but to Love as Christ taught/demonstrated.
Whatever the pope's past or future 'misdeeds', this seems a good example to the blood-thirsty hordes that would murder the fellow!
But keep him from 'temptation'!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
I just want to say.....I really don't ever want to say that someone is not 'qualified ' for mercy. ..even though that is what I said earlier. The fact is the Bible does say that mercy triumphs over judgment. It also says that ALL of us have fallen short....so that ALL of us are depending on God's mercy.

Now regarding what should be done with these men involved in these acts. ...I don't know. ...but I believe that at the least they need to be prevented from ever being in a position to abuse anymore children. Beyond that I don't know what the best course of action for them would be.

James 2:13 (AV) -- "For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment".

The man that was given the sentence of prayer was Mauro Inzoli. He is accused of abusing DOZENS of children over a TEN year period.

Did he have mercy for those children? If he did, he would not have been a serial abuser.

Is the pope more concerned with his own optics before God rather than doing the difficult task of allowing judgement to go forth to deal justly with this rapist of children? In other words, is the pope too self absorbed in his Self rather than the children that were harmed?

I'm not saying he should be hog-tied and hung from a tree. I am saying that the Law of the Land should mete out justice for those children. His final judgement will take place at a later time and He will choose whether mercy should prevail or not.

Justice is a balance between mercy and punishment. We can only go by our Laws and the human elements we use to justify punishment or leniency.

Had this man committed one act and shown remorse, mercy may be warranted. But dozens of children molested, raped, abused over a span of a decade tells me the man had no mercy, so judgment is due in the Court of the people.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

never did like this pope

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

He does have some controversial issues himself in his past with children in Argentina during the Dirty War.

Pregnant women were often held until they gave birth, whereupon they were secretly killed, their babies handed over to childless military families and others close to the regime for adoption. Hundreds of “children of the disappeared” are living today, young people in their early thirties, some of them still unaware that their parents are, in effect, their biological parents’ killers. (Francisco Goldman has written about these children for The New Yorker.)

Many of the victims were held for months in official institutions, where they were repeatedly tortured before being killed, their bodies “disappeared.”
www.newyorker.com...

There is a lot of pretty in depth discussions about this period on the Internet and how Jorge Bergoglio, now known as Pope Francis, played a role.

Maybe he is trying to do some kind of personal penance by piously giving child abusers leniency. Maybe he is projecting.

Projection (Psychological)

1) An unconscious self-defence mechanism characterised by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone or something else as a form of delusion and denial.

2) A way to blame others for your own negative thoughts by repressing them and then attributing them to someone else. Due to the sorrowful nature of delusion and denial it is very difficult for the target to be able to clarify the reality of the situation.

3) A way to transfer guilt for your own thoughts, emotions and actions onto another as a way of not admitting your guilt to yourself.

Projection

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I agree....he should be treated no differently then any man off the street would be treated for the same offense.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
See this is what Jerry Sandusky should have done for a living. Clergy. They should install soundproofing on the confessionals like Jerry.

Because you know its going to happen. Deny the sexual urges and marriage to their priests despite having warnings in the scriptures they profess a belief in which warn against those who forbid marriage.

Sexual repression = weak spirited people taking advantage of the helpless and naïve.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Too much mercy is as bad as too much punishment. When justice becomes a mockery, you are left with an environment that invites abuse and degeneracy. What is happening to this world? What is happening to the Catholic church?

Interpretation of translations is at fault. Forgiveness and mercy are not necessarily compatible in most cases.

One cannot cleanse another person's sins against God. The only sins one can forgive are the sins against themselves and that purifies their own soul. But no one can forgive another person who sins against God. That is the greatest fault the Roman Church has and it is interpreted and verified by only doctrine and not other scriptures. [Matthew 16:19]

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's ironic that homosexuality used to be met with cruel punishment and with all sorts of bondage an freaky torture devices, all the while stuff like pedophilia involving choir boys would run rampant through out it more modern history.

I'll be a Devil advocate...
It's no wonder the institution of the Catholic Church been going down hill, and losing much of it mainstream power. Ether exile them them to gallows or post their picture on a tapestry of shame for some redemption in the public eye, or keep beating around the bush, and making a mockery of their Gods name, where the institution really going to beg for forgiveness and pocket change.

Btw, kissing the SOM/SOG, whose a male, ass or feet, and being on one knee's, as well kissing a idolatry shaft might as well be gay too.

O well, maybe a couple of life time with a baby ****, since were so into kids, cruel enough to the all seeing eye that god supposed to be.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join