It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever order anything from wish.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.wish.com...

have to have an account to look.
it is an online bazaar type deal with merchandise from china so right away it seems sketchy to me.

ive been looking at it recently though and they have some seriously cool #. the prices are so cheap that i think it might be worth the risk at ordering.

pros or cons anyone?

they have one of those tactical flashlights that are like 9 million lumens with a carrying case for 11 bucks.
im thinking about taking the risk

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Don't...just don't.....they are shocking
Sooooo many complaints about dreadful merchandise, super slow shipping (when they bother) most of the time they send nothing then you have hell on trying to get a refund through paypal and their most common scam is sending something other than what you order so they have proof they sent it to paypal...such as a qtip (cotton bud) !!

Just google wish.com reviews

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Delivery times could be rather long....weeks rather than days.

I base this on getting stuff on Amazon, shipped from China.....it's usually 2-3 weeks.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

There is a general rule of thumb I advise to consumers.

There are but 3 choices to receive goods... GOOD-FAST-CHEAP. No matter what one is buying, if it is understood that only 2 of the 3 can be chosen, then money is well spent. If you want good and cheap... you will wait a long time for it. I am currently waiting 2 months for delivery of a Himalayan crystal I ordered. It was shipped January 19th, but has yet to leave China... it's the only place on the globe I can get what I wanted, so I must wait it out. I have used those tactical flashlight... they often fall into the FAST-CHEAP realms... if tactical is defined as being bright until it's 1st drop, then I will stick to my expensive flashlight that will turn on when I need it.

My opinions on it is that they hoard orders until bulk shipping offsets the costs enough to validate sending items. There is no mention of this while buying goods, and the blame os shoved onto China Post as the cause of delays. Little do they often know, that if they just spoke up a bit... then people may be willing to pay the added shipping costs to what they order. Now, I just refrain from purchasing over seas... for the simple fact that the service of goods is unable to live up to world standards... it does not matter to me how good their products are, if I know they don't even care about them themselves.

It's like eating in a dirty restaurant... I might eat french fries since it's hard to mess that up, but god forbid if you ever see me eat a prepared meal at a dirty place.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I ordered from them. I ordered clothing. First off it took almost 3 months for my order to arrive and secondly what I received looked nothing like the picture and was at least 3 sizes too small. I've talked to others who have ordered from them and had good luck but my experience convinced me to never order from them again!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
www.wish.com...

have to have an account to look.
it is an online bazaar type deal with merchandise from china so right away it seems sketchy to me.

ive been looking at it recently though and they have some seriously cool #. the prices are so cheap that i think it might be worth the risk at ordering.

pros or cons anyone?

they have one of those tactical flashlights that are like 9 million lumens with a carrying case for 11 bucks.
im thinking about taking the risk

My girlfriend got my spouse and I onto that site. It looks amazing and it's not a rip-off/scam; she is constantly ordering stuff through there. Getting her other girlfriends sweet looking jewelry and lingerie without them knowing it costs like a dollar or two.

It's amazing. I've been waiting for a chance to sit down and shop from there.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've had pretty good experiences with Wish, but then again I don't have high expectations for such cheap stuff. If I did I'd be disappointed by it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Here would be my suggestion to you...

If you have a Harbor Freight store near you, go there, and walk around for a while. While you're walking around think about Sears, where they have the "Good", "Better" and "Best" categories for much of their inventory (say tools as an example). Then look at the stuff you see in Harbor Freight. The stuff you see falls into the "Super-Ultra-Hella-Best" category of Chinese stuff. Now picture what "Good" and "Better" must look like using this same definition.

Proceed with caution from there.

Side note: I've got a buddy who is nutso about HF...I think they know him by name in there even! I always tell him...

If you want to by a hammer to smash crap out of your thumb and then throw in a lake, HF is the place to shop for a hammer. If you want to buy a hammer to drive finish nails in your brand new oak kitchen cabinets...look elsewhere!

Heh, he once bought a thickness planer for lumber at HF! A thickness planer is a precision piece of woodworking equipment. I asked him if he'd lost his mind! Next thing I knew he was asking me why every time he adjusted the thickness of the stock the planer bits got out of true. (THUD!!) (BTW..this should never happen) Anyway, I just told him to be really, REALLY, glad HF didn't sell medical supplies or surgical tools!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

You are going to get an inferior product, that's for sure.
But if you want to by cheap china stuff maybe look at banggood.com, less risk I believe.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My wife orders stuff from there all the time and I got a 15 foot wire camera for my phone for 11$
( used to look in hard to get to spots)
She has no complaints and recommends them to anyone.
Some items ship fast and some slower but you can't beat the prices...

(post by elonmusk77 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I ordered some little LED lights for the fingers for the kids one Christmas. They were like, a dollar per set, so I thought, okay, cute little stocking stuffer.

Never gave it a second thought, until about that July, I received a strange looking little package in the mail. Couldn't imagine what it was.

Anyway, it took from November until the following July for them to arrive. They were cute though.

OH. Neither here nor there, but I once ordered some clothing from South Korea. I forgot how small those girls are.
These clothes would have fit a Barbie doll. I still wanted the item, so I ordered a size Large, rather than my usual size small. Even the large size was made for a slightly larger Barbie doll. I typically wear size 4, but I couldn't even get the size large zipped. haha.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Nov 7th 2017 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join