It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pendulum Gravity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Maybe you can explain this instead of derailing the topic.

Gravity is strong enough to keep the atmosphere from being sucked up into the vacuum of space, even though it gets weaker by the distance, yet a vacuum sucks up air and can be strong enough to lift heavy solid objects, overcoming the force of gravity, just above the surface, where gravity is supposed to be the strongest.

Or this one perhaps,

The hypothetical force of gravity pulls every object no matter what the mass or density (neglecting air resistance) toward the Earth with enough force to have it accelerate 9.81 m/s2 All matter is being pulled down by gravity with the same RELATIVE force regardless of its density. So what's the difference between a balloon filled with air and a balloon filled with helium, of the same volume? Why doesn't the pressure gradiant cause a buoyant force to make the balloon filled with air go up, when it does so for the helium balloon? Gravity doesn't care, it is supposed to be pulling down on both with the same net force.

I mean you obviously have the time to comment, and you are not here to troll right?
edit on 8-4-2017 by BakedCrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Here's a fun thought problem in buoyant force. You're on a passenger jet. Sitting on the runway, you release a helium balloon. The jet gets clearance and hauls down the runway.

The balloon:

1) does nothing different
2) shoots forward
3) shoots to the rear

Shoots forward, I have seen this in a car.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
hi
For many days they have been used for trust time. If you pull back a pendulum and then let it go, the time it takes to roll over and then return back to its initial position is one phase.

MAGNETIC SCIENCE FUN

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Me: Much better solution would be to drop a weight on tether from my space ship toward Earth.

you commented:

Drop it, how?

I don't know if this is correct in principle...although I can offer two ways to do it.

First -- I can send the weight off my space ship toward Earth with a controllable booster. This will control initial tether tension.
Second -- you can deliver to my space ship tether with weight with second launch. Just send another rocket with pay load to me. As it ascends, at certain altitude just release off board the weight and start to unroll the tether as the rocket ascends. This will control tether tension some what so it doesn't get entangled.

There could be other ways too.

cheers)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Bucket of water is water in confined space. Water in a bucket simply has no 'room' to play out it's inertia, instead it 'feels' centripetal pressure. If I rotate the bucket around long axis, water will not be pressed against bucket's wall, because it will have freedom to move expressing it's inertia. But in any event, let's be real, you cannot place astronauts, living beings, inside rotating bucket.

edit on 9-4-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BakedCrusader
a reply to: Bedlam

A balloon rises because the hot air in it is less dense than the air surrounding it. How does a hypothetical force that has never been proven and is said to pull matter down to the center of the Earth, have anything to do with this.

Buoyancy and density are proven concepts and are all that is needed. Your "gravity" only serves one purpose.

Whats the one purpose?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Is that a rethorical question or a serious one?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

Are you also presenting that the Earth is at the center of the Universe??

To you is the Earth Flat??

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BakedCrusader

Is that a rethorical question or a serious one?

It is a serious question.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Seriously?

Time for some Catharsis...

edit on 9-4-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

As you may have read I showed you that gravity does and cannot explain what we see in reality, it doesn't explain why things go up, and if we are going to explain our reality by hypothetical forces then at least choose one that fits the observations, like the one I described, a law that makes low density matter go up through a denser medium and vice versa.

This means there is a real absolute UP and DOWN, and not a relative one as they have you believe.

edit on 9-4-2017 by BakedCrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

The Earth is at least stationary. Did you forget that already.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Time for some Catharsis...

It is time for you to actually say something on topic, explain the questions I asked, debunk my claims. If you are not doing that then what are you doing here?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I already have debunked your claims.

Pretty much indifferent otherwise.

Personally I am waiting for you to realize how silly it is to post at ATS how you represent.

And as far as potentially.....

Music break...

edit on 9-4-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: greenreflections

To you is the Earth Flat??

Presenting that the earth is at the center of the universe is easy enough.

The universe is expanding equally in all directions, therefore, no matter where you are in the universe, you are at the center.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Wow and you figured that all by yourself?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Wow and you figured that all by yourself?

Long ago, yes.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You debunked the Micholson/Morley and Micholson/Gale experiments? Or the two posts I made in this thread? That's funny because noone even touched it.

All you got is pathetic stuff, off topic drivel, talking about my parents, posting music videos, posting Month Python who really were only funny twice, appealing to mods because of the supposed misplaced content of my posts, and the most pathetic display, mentioning other members' names to try and strenghten your opinion, and begging for their help........noone answered the call.

edit on 9-4-2017 by BakedCrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BakedCrusader

Its just that I having a problem taking you seriously.

And there is like 100% chance that there is no way that is going to happen.

By that I mean taking you seriously.

Any thoughts?

edit on 9-4-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join