It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Allowed To Rant?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am aware that this Rant may not even see the light of day...fine.
I am not ranting about A member I am ranting about MOST members. Heck, I'm ranting about most people on the internet period!

When did we suck the intelligence out of having a debate? When did it become ok to completely ignore facts and sources when replying in a debate? Having nothing but snide, emotional, negative #### to sling at one another? Literally twisting the opposite parties words and changing facts and quotes to suit themselves?

I have seen so many great posts on ATS and elsewhere, where people have done the research and put together great logic, that if others would open their teeny minds for one second and realize it wasn't NOT a slam meant to trigger you, or troll you, attack you directly, or what ever the trendy word is these days for such things, you would see the logic and likely change your tune. Often it does but some are so pigheaded and just have to be right that they will continue arguing!

More often than not if logic and reasoning cannot be contributed to the conversation, it's personal, emotional, or grammatical. If that is all you can add to the conversation...DONT!

There are infinitely more posts lately of one having to defend themselves rather then the facts, ideals, or opinions they have presented. Thread drift is insane! Out of 700+ replies on a very thought provoking thread, with sources and quotes to back it up, there were less than 100 replies on topic... 6 out of 7 replies never should have been posted.
This is by no means a Rant against mods, mods are great! It shouldn't be their job to censor you, you need to censor yourself!

Fine, I'm relatively new here and don't hold a candle to half of our members. Just because I finally joined a year ago and haven't added much content doesn't mean I have not seen the pattern. ATS has been a part of my life for the better part of 7 years, I may not have contributed but I read, and learned so much here thanks to some really awesome members. It's a great place to have logical conversations!

Maybe this is for people in general, on and offline. Just because you think so doesn't mean it has to be. Just because you think you are a better person doesn't mean you are. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's wrong. Just because I disagree doesn't make me the enemy. The p***ing contest HAS to stop.

There is so much negativity there is no room for positivity. You can't even slip a joke in to lighten the mood because you'll most likely offend someone. There his no room for humour here. When asked for an opinion, your opinion only matters if it is fitting the"right" narrative. JUST STOP!

Am I allowed to rant?

Ok, let me have it... bring it on!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'll let you have it. You just won the internet today in my opinion. I'll let you have a S&F and 2 thumbs up.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am guessing you're addressing the political demogogues...Yeah, good luck. Hey, I understand where you're coming from, but I guarantee you there will be some who won't.
edit on 25-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HushedNoLonger

There is so much negativity there is no room for positivity. You can't even slip a joke in to lighten the mood because you'll most likely offend someone. There his no room for humour here.

welcome to the World

I cant dress up a Transgender Nazi Clown anymore
because someone will take it the wrong way
edit on 25-2-2017 by kibric because: boo

edit on 25-2-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Surprisingly no! Lol I completely understand why you would think so

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No, you aren't allowed to rant.

The problem is that the facts are not really completely true facts and the sources are polarized. I guess that is the new America, the land of the deceiver.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's the internet! The only people or entities that care are those who want to agree with you to push your point of view!

Grow a thicker skin, prepare for the inevitable, but as far as expecting sympathy on the internet for how you feel? roflao

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have always done my best to remain objective, neutral, and open minded about the comments I make or the topic I engage in. ( with the exception of when I feel the need to defend myself) I am so tired of people assuming they know my opinions and thought processes just because I chime in. I can easily say " science tells us the sky is blue" while believing the sky is green. Sorry bad example lol
Just because someone brings forth evidence you don't agree with, doesn't mean that person believes that you are wrong. Maybe they are still trying to research for themselves and found a piece of the puzzle they thought they should share

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

But what if I don't yet have a point of view? What if I'm just trying to add to the conversation? Why does that make me an enemy? I will not except this as our future because that logic will take us back to the Stone Age in no time.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

YOU'RE WRONG !!!!

Who are you to tell me i got it wrong? Im right and thats the end of it.

Yeah people can be stubborn as can be. Got a different opinion? I dont wanna hear it coz i know im right

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Unfortunately, it's not just America. I am not American

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 25-2-2017 by HushedNoLonger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HushedNoLonger
I have always done my best to remain objective, neutral, and open minded about the comments I make or the topic I engage in. ( with the exception of when I feel the need to defend myself) I am so tired of people assuming they know my opinions and thought processes just because I chime in. I can easily say " science tells us the sky is blue" while believing the sky is green. Sorry bad example lol
Just because someone brings forth evidence you don't agree with, doesn't mean that person believes that you are wrong. Maybe they are still trying to research for themselves and found a piece of the puzzle they thought they should share

It's the internet! No one cares, and no matter how honest you are and your beliefs someone will troll you! Especially if your views are against the 1%!

Not trying to derail you, but just trying to show you the reality and toxicity that politics has turned the internet into?

Stand up for what you believe in and NEVER complain that you are a victim! Shows weakness to those who consider you the enemy against their beliefs!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HushedNoLonger
Double post

You don't have to tell me something twice, I get it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thanks for the advice

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

S+F... I see things the same, but don't feel it's anything to get angry about.

I remember when I was a lurking ATS pup, and was allowed to say stupid things. But the bred culture here allows for all input, and the attached responsibilities to properly weed through it.

I read just as much as I ever have here... my eyes might keep reading past the trigger words, but my mind has already invalidated the further comments past the trigger words. I just wipe the slate clean on each post, but form a prejudice on finger pointing. I am sure I likely do it myself here unknowingly, but strive to hopefully find my input here as credible. One will have to look deep through my posts to find finger pointing or the vote for divide.

You are quite good at offering that middle ground input too... your words don't go unnoticed.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
People do not listen to learn, they listen to reply. That is one of the plethora of things wrong with civilization these days. Every single one of us is convinced that we are absolutely right about everything and feel it is our obligation to bully the rest of the populace into our way of thinking no matter how asinine we sound. Welcome to the age of enlightenment!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Probably around the time we had Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as the two front runners for 2016 Presidential Election. It brought out the worst in everyone and now with the media, fake news, and the polarization and division between everyone we seem to be stuck in that "mode". People don't want to revert to logic or legitimized claims. It's knee-jerk reactions and everyone being offended in some way or another.

Welcome to a new age of idiocracy

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Everyone hates clowns.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
I would most likely agree with you if I was American. Maybe American politics has more world influence than I realized. Sounds like something I should look into further!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join