It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declines to attend White House Correspondents' Dinner!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
Umm.. Ok, to all the people slagging Trump off for declining to attend this...

So, just imagine, me and my buddies have been going around the town you live in and telling everyone we meet "hey, spiritual zombie (sorry to pick on you, you just happen to be the most recent poster) is a disgusting racist piece of #hit", "hey did you know spiritual zombie is a rapist?!" "Did you hear spiritual zombie is a paedo, a bigot and a scumbag", "did you know spiritual zombie is as bad as Hitler?", "spiritual zombie is a disgusting homophobic #itstain", "it wouldn't be a bad thing if someone just killed him, it'd be doing us all a favour". Not only this but we said this to everyone we met, spread it as far and wide as we could, in fact, we did it day in and day out, practically 24 hours a day.. And people believe us! Every time you try to talk about what's happening you're shouted down, told you're just being a snowflake, you're told in fact that by denying it and calling it out you're just proving that what a piece of crap you really are... and so we double down on the rumours and the accusations, we go after your kids, your wife.. Everything and everyone you care about, spreading rumours accusing you of being all the worst possible things a person can be accused of...

Then after months of this happening, every day, one day you receive a letter from me and my buddies asking(with a totally straight face) if you'd like to come round for a bite to eat and a nice glass of champers, but you have to be nice and you have to sit there and take a whole lot more of the same, in front of everyone, all done under the guise of good humour and jocularity, or you're a spineless piece of #hit

What would you say to me and my buddies? What would your response to that be?

Lol sorry Its a ridiculous comparison, I'm just honored to be the target of your rant.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: SBMcG

i dont talk about obama.
i dont give a # he is gone and dont give a # about his legacy.
but lets be fair chief....you seem to be the one very worried about it

You're the one bashing Trump who has already proven himself to be the leader he was elected to be when we just spent 8 long years suffering through one of the least-accomplished and divisive presidencies in our history.

If you don't want me to defend President Trump, stop bashing him.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

again. i dont deflect and talk about obama. im talking about trump.
keep with it though

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

And.....
Please discuss the topic and not each other.....quit the bickering.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Trump continues to take the fight to the leftist media.

President Trump won’t attend the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner because he wasn’t elected to “pretend” to like reporters, a Trump aide said Sunday.

“I think it’s kind of naive of us to think that we can all walk into a room for a couple of hours and pretend that some of that tension isn’t there,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders told ABC’s “This Week.”

NY Post

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

do you constantly have to bring up obama when defending trump?
curious

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

do you constantly have to bring up obama when defending trump?
curious

Out of respect for Super Moderator "Don't Tread..." and their instructions above, I will no longer engage in any discourse that could reasonably be considered "bickering". Were I to give you an honest answer to your question about Obama, you inevitably would not like it, and the endless cycle would likely continue.

The subject of this thread is President Trump's refusal to play by the rules of the leftist MSM by declining an invitation to attend the annual Correspondent's Dinner.

No reasonable person could conclude President Trump is "afraid" of the press after confronting them in the most forceful way he did during his 16 February press conference. Why would he then be "afraid" to attend an event where no questions are even allowed?

As Trump aide, Ms Huckabee-Sanders stated today on Meet the Press, this is all about President Trump reminding the far left liberal press that he is not their puppet.

(post by fencesitter85 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Is that why Barry Soetoro "Obama" wouldn't give interviews to Fox News and whined endlessly like a little girl about conservative talk radio?

How many press conferences did the laughably-failed Bill Clinton's wife give compared to your president, the honorable Donald J. Trump, during the campaign?

You leftists lost.

It''s time to come to terms with that.

Oh -- and enjoy that conservative Supreme Court for the next 30 years...
edit on 26-2-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife lost YUGE!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

and why do i give # exactly ?

wow posting # like this on a Conspiracy / Debunk site ..

is way out of line and unnecessary!

is there some conspiracy of why he not attending !

WTF! the # people post here

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yep, always a step ahead. Instead of them making him look bad with a chess move, he steals their thunder.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Constitutional supreme court, not conservative. Don't let them politicize the SC. We need to flip the script on conservative and liberal judges. Constitutionalist judges and activist judges.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Just look up all of the explanations of the things you've posted about Trump, they're out there if you're open minded. But judging by your posting of a slate article, I've got doubts about that. Prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yep, always a step ahead. Instead of them making him look bad with a chess move, he steals their thunder.

that's exactly right!

And that's why these weak simpering defeated little leftists hate him so much.

The best part of all -- Trump will be THEIR president for the next 91 months.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Constitutional supreme court, not conservative. Don't let them politicize the SC. We need to flip the script on conservative and liberal judges. Constitutionalist judges and activist judges.

Absolutely! No more legislating from the bench. Only a strict interpretation of the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

A president unafraid of the press wouldn't feel such need to go to war with them.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

A president unafraid of the press wouldn't feel such need to go to war with them.

Really? When you're attacked do you just "take it"?

I don't. I fight back with whatever means I have available.

Trump isn't a total wimp like Obama.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And there goes the justification. Ah, America.

(post by spiritualzombie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Comparing Trump standing up to the hostile leftist MSM to Obama being protected by them is the height of hypocrisy.

Remember in the first few years Obama would stutter and stammer if he got off the TelePrompter for even a moment? Does Trump even use one? If he does he goes off of it most of the time.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join