It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declines to attend White House Correspondents' Dinner!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Obama was always criticized by the press.

Media Doesn't Hold Back on Obama - Politico

In recent months, and especially since the start of the Syria mess, Obama has been enduring some of the toughest and most widespread press criticism of his four-and-a-half years as president. It isn’t just coming from the usual suspects on the right. Increasingly, the skepticism is coming from the center and even from the left — from White House reporters, progressive editorial boards, foreign policy experts and MSNBC hosts. And Obama has mostly himself to blame for the recent wave of media negativity (although the Republicans have been glad to lend a hand). To hear the press tell it, his handling of the Syria crisis has been confusing and contradictory at best, making him appear weak on the international stage. His administration’s persecution of whistleblowers and surveillance of the press are at odds with the promises he made as a candidate. His inability to push a progressive agenda through congress makes him appear ineffective.

Fortune Magazine - Obama Criticizes the Media, but His Administration Is Part of the Problem

As investigative reporter John Russell pointed out in a response to the President's criticisms on Twitter, the Obama administration holds the record for denying or withholding the largest amount of Freedom of Information requests. How is that helping the news media to "dig deeper" or "demand more" accountability? Former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson has said the Obama government is "the most secretive White House I have ever been involved in covering."

and the best part ... by Jake Tapper at CNN:

“It is one of the grandest ironies that a giant real estate developer in New York is currently living rent free in President Obama’s head,” Tapper said on his Wednesday show. “Whatever the topic is, President Obama is eager go after the presumptive presidential nominee whether or not the topic is ISIS after the Orlando shootings, or if the topic is trade, or in this case, the question was about clean energy and President Obama wanted to give a lesson as to what populism truly is.”

Source = Daily Caller

And these are all on the first page of a Google search ...

Let's stop with the revisionist history that Obama got a free pass from the media ... that's just rank dishonesty.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: Indrasweb
Umm.. Ok, to all the people slagging Trump off for declining to attend this...

So, just imagine, me and my buddies have been going around the town you live in and telling everyone we meet "hey, spiritual zombie (sorry to pick on you, you just happen to be the most recent poster) is a disgusting racist piece of #hit", "hey did you know spiritual zombie is a rapist?!" "Did you hear spiritual zombie is a paedo, a bigot and a scumbag", "did you know spiritual zombie is as bad as Hitler?", "spiritual zombie is a disgusting homophobic #itstain", "it wouldn't be a bad thing if someone just killed him, it'd be doing us all a favour". Not only this but we said this to everyone we met, spread it as far and wide as we could, in fact, we did it day in and day out, practically 24 hours a day.. And people believe us! Every time you try to talk about what's happening you're shouted down, told you're just being a snowflake, you're told in fact that by denying it and calling it out you're just proving that what a piece of crap you really are... and so we double down on the rumours and the accusations, we go after your kids, your wife.. Everything and everyone you care about, spreading rumours accusing you of being all the worst possible things a person can be accused of...

Then after months of this happening, every day, one day you receive a letter from me and my buddies asking(with a totally straight face) if you'd like to come round for a bite to eat and a nice glass of champers, but you have to be nice and you have to sit there and take a whole lot more of the same, in front of everyone, all done under the guise of good humour and jocularity, or you're a spineless piece of #hit

What would you say to me and my buddies? What would your response to that be?

Bear in mind if you come and try to speak out about what we've been doing, you'll just attract even more abuse and if you don't come you're a spineless piece of #hit whose scared of "the truth" (as we've been telling it)

So, what's it to be? Genuine question...

I'd say 'mate, you're the president of the United States of America. If you're really that bothered by the extremists who are making the most noise, I suggest you toughen your resolve a little and stop feeding their suspicions with defensiveness and a perpetually dismissive attitude.'

Trump had no qualms about the birther thing (religiously, for years) or for stating as a fact that the election system is rigged, the electoral college is a bad thing, etc etc - until he won. The man is guilty of the highest levels of hypocrisy.

Ultimately he needs to suck it up and do his job. Leaders will always be criticised. Burying your head in the sand does not make you strong. And if Obama had done even half of these things you would all be calling him out on it too - and rightfully so.

The problem with your argument is that Trump is completely correct about "the birther thing" (Obama's Certificate of Live Birth is a proven fake), the election system being rigged (ask Bernie Sanders how that rigged system worked out for him), and while I don't recall exactly what he said about the Electoral College -- he likely did win the LEGAL popular vote as well as the Electoral College.

Obama never missed an opportunity to whine about Fox News and conservative talk radio. Did you object to that too?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Trump built an empire. He's created tens of thousands of jobs and generated BILLIONS in tax revenue. He has been a titan of industry and is a true dynamo of energy. No one can question Trump's work ethic. No one could ever call him lazy.

He is an intellectual giant compared to the stuttering and stammering Barry Soetoro. Trump was an A-student, Choom Gang Barry was a self-admitted poor student. You can't compare these two: one is a remora feeding off the parasites attached to the shark, one is the shark.

man.
a titan of industry and a dynamo.

sounds like youre in love.

i guess people see what they want.
never mind his shady business practices. not paying contractors. etc etc....
never mind his comments in general

www.slate.com...

you are very clearly blinded...
pretty funny

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

still on obamas bith cert?
legal popular vote?

you keep saying that

just say he lost the popular vote

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Reminds me of the Cult of Personality - Wiki

See if this reminds you of anything ...

A cult of personality arises when an individual uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods to create an idealized, heroic, and at times worshipful image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

still on obamas bith cert?
legal popular vote?

you keep saying that

just say he lost the popular vote

Just stating facts on the birth certificate. I will gladly elaborate if you want, but it is in fact a proven fake.

As for Trump likely winning the popular vote -- don't you want to know how the ILLEGAL vote affected the outcome of the popular vote? I do. I don't want one state -- California, with its pathetically inadequate voter ID laws, artificially affecting national elections, don't you agree?

And for the record, I am quite certain that once the illegal votes are factored out, Trump did win the popular vote. Why would I "say" something I don't believe ("just say he lost the popular vote")?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Trump built an empire. He's created tens of thousands of jobs and generated BILLIONS in tax revenue. He has been a titan of industry and is a true dynamo of energy. No one can question Trump's work ethic. No one could ever call him lazy.

He is an intellectual giant compared to the stuttering and stammering Barry Soetoro. Trump was an A-student, Choom Gang Barry was a self-admitted poor student. You can't compare these two: one is a remora feeding off the parasites attached to the shark, one is the shark.

man.
a titan of industry and a dynamo.

sounds like youre in love.

i guess people see what they want.
never mind his shady business practices. not paying contractors. etc etc....
never mind his comments in general

www.slate.com...

you are very clearly blinded...
pretty funny

I'm not the one pining over a failed stammering dimwit who left office with effectively ZERO legacy, sport.
edit on 26-2-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama is a failed dummy.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: ElGoobero

Right on. There's no upside for him. President Trump has the MSM back on their heels right now, they're just too dumb to know it.

right.....WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!....I can't listen to someone criticize me, sob, sob,......where's all my people telling me how great I am, I can't go to places where I'm not cheered for....waaaahhhhh??.....bring in Ivanka, she'll tell me how misunderstood I am!!.....waaaaahhhh!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

There was no bigger crybaby or thin-skinned whiner than Barry "Boom Boom" Hussein Soetoro "Obama".

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

i dont talk about obama.
i dont give a # he is gone and dont give a # about his legacy.
but lets be fair chief....you seem to be the one very worried about it

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well, he wasn't afraid to go the Correspondents Dinner...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

There was no bigger crybaby or thin-skinned whiner than Barry "Boom Boom" Hussein Soetoro "Obama".

see you deflect and talk about obama and hillary all the time.
youre riding trumps orange balls like he is some crazy genius and making obama out to be a moron.

and gryphon yes it seems very familiar.
hitler and the kims are masters at that game. trump seems to be using that game and par for the coarse, people are soaking it up.

i dont get why some when talking about trump have to deflect onto obama and his legacy or lack of.
lets try talking about trump..

the yuge dynamo genius...the titan

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

and yet, Obama still had the balls to go to 7 of these, and get criticized and lampooned at each one.....face it sparky, if trump can't handle this, he takes the top spot for crybabies. he can't handle criticism, as he has already demonstrated by excluding ANY MEDIA that doesn't kiss his ass.

maybe he can just invite breitbart news and FOX to be his sole media microphones...you know...like putin does with RT and Pravda

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Not surprising. He can barely take a joke about his tiny hands. Don't act like he declined as a principle stance for the people because I believe he attended the last few.

He is only declining because he knows those comedians are going to rip him a new one.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It's rather ridiculous to call Hillary unaccomplished you know.
She was elected senator of New York ...twice.
She was secretary of state.
She was the first woman to win the nomination of any major political party and she got nearly three million more votes than trump.
If that's unaccomplished I'd love to see your resume. You must be outstanding.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

BLNT!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Sillyolme

BLNT!

wow!!!....listen everyone!!!....Hillary Clinton LOST THE ELECTION!!!.....thanks for pointing that out, how enlightened you are to notice that

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

BLNT 2020

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The by far the best part, is, I didn't vote for Trump.

So let me hear all those pent up comments you had preplanned cuz I # ride Trump hahaha
edit on 26-2-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join