It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cnn needs to fack check themselves before creating more fake-news

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Seems like spell check before posting a thread might be a good idea as well.

1. It wasn't "a get together" it was a standard smaller-style briefing. It was intended to send a message and it did.

2. Technically, Mr. Trump and his Administration doen't have to tell anyone anything ... they don't have to have pressers, they don't even have to tolerate the Press in the White House. That's only ignoring over 100 years of tradition that says that the American press is a constant and ready check on the White House's power.

If Trump wants to look secretive or that he only allows the sycophantic press to participate ... so be it.

We'll see what the American people think of the situation.

Contrary to your beliefs, most of the American people are not blind, they can see the chaos that these networks are spewing and the disruption that the far left is causing to our society. It is the far left that are blinded by their own beliefs. Most people around the country are just laughing at this, or maybe they are just going on with their lives and don't really give a crap about politics. Trump won, get over it, if the Democrats wanted to win why didn't they get Bernie on the ticket. Hillary was the wrong choice, the worst of the two main candidates.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

didnt show much intelligence when they were waving those russian/trump flags.
you know....the ones you cried about bring a law suit up for who knows what

ha

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Okay totally off topic.

But thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: TinySickTears

Okay totally off topic.

But thanks for your input.

is it?
intelligence was mentioned.
i gave an example
sorry. i know you dont like that

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You really don't know anything about "my beliefs." I agree that the American people are not blind, and I believe that many don't see the situation the same way that you do. A little less hubris on your part might be helpful.

What "chaos" is being spewed? Criticism of POTUS? Where were you for the last few decades?

The "disruption" ... what, protests? I agree that the violence and property destruction is illegal and should be dealt with and discouraged. That's a small percentage of the protesters and the protesters are a small percentage of those whose beliefs are "left" of yours.

You're speaking in meaningless platitudes. You don't speak for most people around the country, indeed, most people around the coutnry seem to be disapproving Mr. Trump's approach so far.

Trump won. Been over it. Winning the Presidential election was not appointing him as absolute ruler. He won by a razor-thin difference in three swing states. He lost the popular vote by the second largest total in the entire history of our Republic. More people voted against him than for him. Facts.

In America, we challenge our Presidents when they step out of line.

And for godssake sake take your own advice. Get over Hillary Clinton and move on.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Being Biased and telling outright lies are two separate things........

Im still waiting to see what actual lies they spread about Trump.......not "subjective Truth" from Trump supporters, I mean ACTUAL lies.........

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
roflmao @ "Fact check" and "CNN" in the same sentence.

I think we need to start to talk about the reliability/honesty of news outlets instead of "Fake News". I think the MSM self defined themselves out of the term "Fake News". They've defined the debate to their advantage.

I'll never trust CNN to report the truth again. I watched as they broadcast a tape they had selectively edited so that relative of the man killed, who sparked the riots in Milwaukee, seemed to be calling for an end to the riots, but instead was calling on the rioters to take their riots to the suburbs. They admitted it later after getting caught and half assed apologized.

You can define "liar" however you want, but that meets my definition. The MSM lying is more concerning to me than websites hawking "Fake News"

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Did you watch the video?

I stand by my statement of outright lies!

The lies weren't about Trump. The lies were about CNN.

edit on 25-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Did you watch the video?

I stand by my statement of outright lies!

LoL yes I did watched the full thing.......

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You are FAKE NEWS!

From your OP:

CNN's Brian Stelter expressed his outrage at not being invited to the informal White House press get together. Saying you don't see CNN or the NY Times supporting any candidate for president regardless of political affiliation.

Why did you change the wording?

The actual wording from the article that you "fake newsed", didn't "fact check" and lied about says nothing about candidates for president.

CNN media reporter Brian Stelter spoke out against the move by the White House to not include media outlets like CNN and the New York Times. Stelter said “We don’t see CNN or the New York Times rooting for any president, whether a Democrat or a Republican.”

As far as I know, neither Hillary Clinton nor Donald Trump were president during the election.

It's not the job of the "Free Press" to give the president a free ride and blindly support everything he/she says and does. In fact, it's the job of the "Free Press" to serve as a watch dog for the American people, to fact check and hold the government's feet to the fire, whether it be a president a congressman or senator, or a judicial representative.

edit on 25-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

ATS has rules about posting content from other web-sites.

I was just following the rules.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

CNN assbackwards.

Seeing an apple when it's really a plum.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
These particular media outlets made their bed and now have to lay in it. They went all in for Hillary in such a blatant manner and now she lost. They were counting on being Hillary sycophants as they were Obamas and now paying the price. Also, these hypocrites here whining about sycophants haven't even muttered the word for the last 8 year in how the media obviously treated Obama and Hillary to get her elected.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You really don't know anything about "my beliefs." I agree that the American people are not blind, and I believe that many don't see the situation the same way that you do. A little less hubris on your part might be helpful.

What "chaos" is being spewed? Criticism of POTUS? Where were you for the last few decades?

The "disruption" ... what, protests? I agree that the violence and property destruction is illegal and should be dealt with and discouraged. That's a small percentage of the protesters and the protesters are a small percentage of those whose beliefs are "left" of yours.

You're speaking in meaningless platitudes. You don't speak for most people around the country, indeed, most people around the coutnry seem to be disapproving Mr. Trump's approach so far.

Trump won. Been over it. Winning the Presidential election was not appointing him as absolute ruler. He won by a razor-thin difference in three swing states. He lost the popular vote by the second largest total in the entire history of our Republic. More people voted against him than for him. Facts.

In America, we challenge our Presidents when they step out of line.

And for godssake sake take your own advice. Get over Hillary Clinton and move on.

i have taken many political polls over the years. All the ones I took would lead you to either try to get you to vote for someone or to make you dislike some action about a candidate or elected official. Both party supporters do this extensively. I am retired, I like to listen to these poles to see how they are trying to get you to respond. I actually ask questions during these polls, but they can't do anything other than to mark one of two or three answers.

Depending on who takes the pole determines what their wording on the questions will be. They will throw in socially unacceptable content to steer you to answer the question the way they want you to answer it. I even talked to one guy about the pole after I was finished one day, we chatted about how the pole was leading and he says he knows, but he gets paid for calling people and that was important to him. I said I know, it is your job and you have to do it if you want to survive. He was a nice guy.

I even talked an older woman into not supporting Hillary that called from the Democrats. I told her I usually vote Democrat but I am not voting for Hillary and gave my reasons. I told her I already voted ahead of time and I voted ninety five percent democrat except for one person and Hillary. By the time we were done she said she will probably not vote for Hillary because of her past actions. She said she liked Bernie. What a way to turn things around. I bet she did not vote for Trump though

The far left is not smart, they are blinded by their beliefs. They can't see anything other than what they want to see. If you think the majority of people can't see that, you are mistaken.

I have no problem with protesting peacefully as long as the reason is the right reason and as long as the protests do not cause necessary protests from being ignored by the masses. These petty protests going on are not necessary, when there needs to be something protested, the people in the middle will ignore them. I agreed with the Dakota Pipeline protests, but we got more protestors here that protested that than protested with our local Indians and a few people against a mine. It seems that the mine here should be more important but people looked the other way because protesting it might hurt our economy. The biggest liberal voting city here backed the mine, then complained the most when the mining trucks started rolling through the city because they could not get EPA approval for a bypass road. I felt sooo bad for them
They got what they deserved.

I look at both sides before making an oppinion. I supported Obama the two last elections, on the first election I saw lots of bad things erupt against him. Did I change sides....no.

The protests of Trump happening all over are demeaning our right to protest necessary things. It is wrong to be doing that. People will just say.....oh gosh, another crazy protest, we got to stay clear of there again. Save the protests for worthwhile issues not just to cause civil unrest.

I don't have to agree with you, that is my right and you do not have to agree with me. Just open your eyes a little and look how these petty protests are lowering the effectiveness of our freedom of speech.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You misquoted the wording in question from your own link! You added the words candidate for, which is not in the article you linked, nor did the CNN speaker say it!

From your OP:

The Gateway Pundit
CNN's Brian Stelter expressed his outrage at not being invited to the informal White House press get together. Saying you don't see CNN or the NY Times supporting any candidate for president regardless of political affiliation.

The problem is that is outright fake-news.

Here's what "The Gateway Pundit" ACTUALLY says:

CNN media reporter Brian Stelter spoke out against the move by the White House to not include media outlets like CNN and the New York Times. Stelter said “We don’t see CNN or the New York Times rooting for any president, whether a Democrat or a Republican.”

The words candidate for isn't in there!

You had to add it to make your case, that CNN was lying, when it's you that's lying! I can only assume that you did it on purpose, because it's pretty hard to accidently type "candidate for" in the middle of a cut and pasted sentence!

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
CNN is eye deep in their own concocted bull# that they can't even be truthful if they tried.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You misquoted the wording in question from your own link! You added the word candidate, which is not in the article you linked, nor did the CNN speaker say it!

From your OP:

The Gateway Pundit

The problem is that is outright fake-news.

Here's what "The Gateway Pundit" ACTUALLY says:

The word candidate/b[ isn't in there!

You had to add it to make your case, that CNN was lying, when it's you that's lying! I can only assume that you did it on purpose, because it's pretty hard to accidently type "candidate" in the middle of a cut and pasted sentence!

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Where the last 8 years an illusion to you? A mirage? Seriously, in 8 years you had to have noticed something. Not even including his campaign, sincw that's not even within your counterargument.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

There I fixed it for you.

By the way where was the copy and paste? I put it in my own words. No copy no paste.

It still doesn't change a thing, or take away from the story.

Maybe you should stick to the actual story instead of deflecting.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

What does your ignorant opinion about my state of consciousness over the past 8 years have to do with the OP lying about the contents of the quote they're using to make an erroneous point?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I realize the subject line of the OP may have contained a typo (i.e. "fack" instead of "fact"). However, reading that brought another thought immediately to mind.

Maybe CNN needs to 'fapp'-check themselves before creating fake news! I mean, clearly there's something going on when the cameras aren't rolling, but it sure as heck ain't objective research of the stories they intend to run...so what is it?????

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join