It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary Regarding Brainwashing in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I saw the below documentary based on a recommendation of a friend. I must say, the people that made this documentary nailed it and did a good job of showing what has happened to a large population of our brothers and sisters in this country who have been misinformed. As many on the outside can see, this didn't happen by coincidence.

I rip on the extreme right in many other threads. But my background is that I'm a Republican. During the nineties I never watched Fox News or listened to opinion based radio because every time I watched/listened, I would come out angry. Due to the busy life I have with my career and family, I just didn't want to go home/work angry.

Over time, I noticed some of my friends were just saying more and more crazy things. It was like some of them lost all sense of reasonableness. It first was just a few, then over time, several of my friends started to think and say the same things. For a few years, I couldn't put my finger on what it was that was turning my friends to go angry and crazy. But, then I realized in the mid-late nineties that there was a concerted and sophisticated effort to spread hate.

This has lead us to the events of what we see today with right wing media and the rise of Trump. I know several of the far right on this board will not bother to watch. But if you have a curious mind and are interested in the agenda at play right now, watch this video as it is extremely informative and puts context to what is going on.

view.yahoo.com...

If you don't want to see commercials, you can watch it on Amazon Prime if you have an account.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Funny, I see the same thing on the other side. CNN, MSNBC taking the good Reverand Al as a journalist!?? Enough to pull my hair out.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Done by a Hollywood left wing loon: "The Brainwashing of my Dad" which blames the whole thing on Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, starting out with a little kid discussing the whole thing. But this, THIS isn't brainwashing AT ALL, right? Not exactly a balanced objective presentation. But if a leftie wants to validate his point of view, this will do it.

As filmmaker, Jen Senko, tries to understand the transformation of her father from a non political, life-long Democrat to an angry, Right-Wing fanatic, she uncovers the forces behind the media that changed him completely: a plan by Roger Ailes under Nixon for a media takeover by the GOP, The Powell Memo urging business leaders to influence institutions of public opinion, especially the universities, the media and the courts, and under Reagan, the dismantling of the Fairness Doctrine.

As her journey continues, we discover that her father is part of a much broader demographic, and that the story is one that affects us all.

Through interviews with media luminaries, cognitive linguists, grassroots activist groups such as: Noam Chomsky, Steve Rendall, Jeff Cohen, Eric Boehlert, George Lakoff, STOP RUSH, HearYourselfThink, Claire Conner and others, “Brainwashing” unravels the plan to shift the country to the Right over the last 30 years, largely through media manipulation. The result has lead to fewer voices, less diversity of opinion, massive intentional misinformation and greater division of our country.

This documentary will shine a light on how it happened (and is still happening) and lead to questions about who owns the airwaves, what rights we have as listeners/watchers and what responsibility does our government have to keep the airwaves truly fair, accurate and accountable to the truth.
Source

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Is that little spinning circle that lasted for about three minutes part of the brainwashing? Is there some sort of subliminal message in that little spinning circle? The video wouldn't load for me, I don't know why.

I don't watch Fox news either, it is so full of crap, the regular news used to be better. Now I hate watching all the News, both sides are so full of crap that it isn't worth even watching it anymore. The other networks getting all weird started about six or seven months ago and is getting worse as we go along. Maybe banning politics from all MSM for about six months would be a good way of fixing this. If they come back spewing crap again, shut them down again. A good shock collar on Trump with his wife and daughter on the remote will keep trump in line.

edit on 25-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Can't watch. I'm on my Android. Video only shows on desktop.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Sorry, didn't watch the video and probably won't because I have had a stomach full of leftist propaganda. Believe me, I was a very content middle of the road fiscal conservative up until about two years ago when I suddenly woke up and realized that the people we elect really are corrupt. This whole argument isn't about what happened thirty years ago, it's about what happened in the last eight years. I don't think this disconnect between people is because of individuals like Obama, Hillary or Trump although they did polarize the situation. To blame Fox News and Rush Limbaugh is deflection from a thoroughly decimated Progressive electorate.

The battle that Conservatives are waging is ideological in my opinion.....this is Nationalism vs. Globalism and the nationalists are winning around the world. I expect the world political landscape to be very different after the German, French and Dutch elections, possibly the end of the EU itself, it will have nothing to do with this video.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Decent doc, though I suspect some blowback from local "victims" of the very system identified in the doc. My own elderly mom went through the same indoctrination described in it... she went from a reasonable, loving "Eisenhour-eque" republican to a frothing, angry, lonely, bitter husk hanging on FOX News' every nuance and bringing angry identity politics into every conversation... scary, sad sh#t.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Indeed, this video is starting to make its round on the internet so please share with others.

I've had several discussions with my uncle over the years over politics. Both of us are conservatives and I would say that we had about 75% of our views aligned back in the early nineties. I would say that we probably share about 10% now. He's gone so far off the deep end that I can't even be around him that much anymore. This documentary nails it with the amount of consumption of Fox News. At my uncle's place, there are only two things on TV. Univ. of Missouri sports and Fox News with the news dominating about 90% of consumption. He's miserable to no end. The sad part is that it is an easy fix by laying off the hate news, but he will have none of it.

originally posted by: Baddogma
Decent doc, though I suspect some blowback from local "victims" of the very system identified in the doc. My own elderly mom went through the same indoctrination described in it... she went from a reasonable, loving "Eisenhour-eque" republican to a frothing, angry, lonely, bitter husk hanging on FOX News' every nuance and bringing angry identity politics into every conversation... scary, sad sh#t.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You'll have to watch it at home if you are interested.

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Can't watch. I'm on my Android. Video only shows on desktop.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The sad thing about this video is that it focuses on the symptoms but it doesn't deal with the disease.

You can chop off all the limbs of a diseased tree, but it will remain sick and eventually die, if you ignore the root of the problem.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Not to sound hopeless... but is there really any way to fix this anymore?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SomethingLingual

We have to believe nothing of what we see or hear from the media without researching it for ourselves. We need to control and manage carefully social media contacts and information.

We need to engage with our local communities and remain grounded in the real world.

We need to remember that the virtual world is a faulty tool and resource.

We need to remember our future lies in our humanity and our respect for our planet and each other.

edit on 25-2-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join