It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - How would YOU feel about UK becoming 51st state of USA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
I actually need to leave this thread because I may upset alot of our American brothers and sisters here..

Nah, knock yourself out. Most of us (Americans) sure as hell don't want the UK as one of our states. We fought you hard and bloody to escape from London's influence, why in the hell would we consider any manner of national reconciliation?

This entire thread is formulated from a snippet taken from a very obvious globalist propaganda peddler. "Now that the UK has left the EU and is a free agent without a clue," notice the absence of consideration towards the value of sovreignity. Notice the automatic assumption that it wouldn't be possible for a NATION to succeed as just that, an independent nation. Notice the "It takes the world" bullsnip undertone of the piece. Nah, I reject the premise entirely. The UK will succeed as an independent nation again, it doesn't need the EU and it doesn't need to become a United State any more than the US needs the UK under our wings of responsibility.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: fusiondoe

As an American, I'd embrace Mexico as a 51st state before I wished for UK to join.

I never felt as poor as I did when I was in London. As a poor American, the last thing I want is the influence of more rich people.

Besides, that Country has like 4 or 5 names already... with Brexit being the latest of which was added, it screams "Identity Crisis".

Are you being serious here?

You actually think the UK is now named Brexit?

I think your actually poor and stupid now, did you get in here on an asylum visa or something?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: fusiondoe

As an American, I'd embrace Mexico as a 51st state before I wished for UK to join.

I never felt as poor as I did when I was in London. As a poor American, the last thing I want is the influence of more rich people.

Besides, that Country has like 4 or 5 names already... with Brexit being the latest of which was added, it screams "Identity Crisis".

Are you being serious here?

You actually think the UK is now named Brexit?

I think your actually poor and stupid now, did you get in here on an asylum visa or something?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FawnyKate

Its the mud pit... I was shooting craziness with no filter. Outside of the pit, my comments are on a leash and my actual thoughts.

I am poor and stupid... thank you for such kind words. I do not remember you to be a name caller in the past... sad change.
edit on 27-2-2017 by ttobban because: added comments...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Texas National Guard could take the UK in four days......I live here.....and have lived there. The two would NEVER mix well. One too dumb to act wisely and the other too proud to act their size.....nope, fugetaboutit.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would feel about Britain becoming the 51st state as I would seeing Margaret Thatcher on a cold day.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The UK is going hard after reinvigorating the Commonwealth.

I think they are going to do quite well outside the EU. And certainly outside the US (i think we recently joined their commonwealth, so we aren't exactly in the alpha position I don't think)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It's a no brainer....

There's Chalk and then there's Cheese....

Cheese goes with Ego scrambled on toast....

Chalk?.... well that's just plain old chalk, no ego and does exactly what its meant to do, draw lines and mark boundaries.

I think we know who is who don't we?

p.s A good description of American Politics at the moment....

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
To be serious for once.
I like America, I really do, but having managed to find myself on the winning side in the Brexit vote, I find the idea of giving up the prospect of once again being a truly independent nation abhorrent.

We didn't struggle for independence only to become a tiny part of a huge supranational organisation like the US plus GB.

I'm all for relaxed trade and immigration between us, but not in any way becoming just another state.

Let's go our own way, finally fulfill our obligations to the Commonwealth and see how things go.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Just another state?
Are you mad? The UK would be the second awesomist state. The second one which had been a monarchy!

Can we keep the Welsh out though? They can't spell.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Just another state?
Are you mad? The UK would be the second awesomist state. The second one which had been a monarchy!

Can we keep the Welsh out though? They can't spell.

That's nice of you to say Phage, but no. We are a nation.

And what's wrong with the Welsh ? Dylan Thomas, Richard Burton, Men of Harlech? Hell no. Where we go, the Welsh come with is. (Those from the South, anyway. The Northerners tend to dislike us Saex lot.)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Hawaii was once a nation. You folk made a weak attempt at colonization but the Yanks took the bull by the horns. Swallowed it up.

Welsh are fine. Clever too. But they use too many letters.

edit on 2/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's more a case of repeating letters. If you take off the extra d's and l's you get back to a reasonable amount of letterage!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It is a bizarre question.

I assume because of our shared history that means it has some validity to the OP?

Why not make New Zealand the 5th member of the United Kingdom?

I mean, okay, it's thousands of miles away on the other side of the world...but why not?

In some ways I suppose you could argue that Britain is a vassal state, a colony of the U.S.

In other ways it is nothing of the sort.

Influence, economic power, cultural similarities etc...are ultimately superficial and don't unite a people.

There is enough squabbling among the nations of the United Kingdoms.

So no, the newest U.S state should not be Britain.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The extra letters are required due to the sounds.
English >> Welsh language as spoken:
V >> F
F >> FF
TH as in 'That' >> DD
L >> L

Now LL in Welsh has no English equivalent, it is a sound made with tongue touching the roof of the mouth and air passing only at the sides.

CH isn't as in 'Church' in Welsh either, it is similar to the CH in German, a noise produced in the throat/tonsil area.
The extra letters are absolutely required as Welsh and English use the same symbols.

edit on 28.2.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nope, never.

But it would be cool if we could build a massive sail and float west across the Atlantic to be a bit closer... Maybe a bit further south too.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Hawaii was once a nation. You folk made a weak attempt at colonization but the Yanks took the bull by the horns. Swallowed it up.

Welsh are fine. Clever too. But they use too many letters.

Provoking me. Also aware of our tendency to sensitivity (read: proclivity for madness). You have a way of thinking indeed. You can thank the native American in me for the forgiveness. Just watch your scalp in the event I forget - another Welsh trait... Or is it Creek?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join