It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - How would YOU feel about UK becoming 51st state of USA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have Welsh blood and I'm American.

Let my people go.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

We don't have access to the kinds of guns which are freely available in the US nor are we able to procure them from craigslist or gun fairs . It's the people of not so good character getting their hands on guns that'd cause the chaos. ..

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Didn't we go down that path before?

The American Revolutionary War was fought from 1775 to 1783. It was also known as the American War of Independence. The Revolutionary War began with the confrontation between British troops and local militia at Lexington and Concord, Massachusetts, on 19 April 1775. Throughout the war, state troops and local militias supplemented the Continental (Federal) Army. The total number of men who served is not known. Men between the ages of 16 and 60 may have served during the war in either the Continental Army, State Line Troops, or local militia mustered to help the Continental Troops.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Semidemigod

UK gun laws are irrelevant to criminals, same as any law lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ooooh, the UK as a fifty first state wouldn't be good. If you get one more country, then maybe, then we would be playing with a full deck for a change.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
MODS: IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION, I APOLOGISE AND PLEASE MOVE ACCORDINGLY.

Just for fun guys so let's please not start fighting.

Just to make it clear I voted for Brexit to restore our sovereignty.

Now that the UK has left the EU and is a free agent without a clue, it’s time for us to take a hard look at making it one of the United States. This is a deal with real synergy that would replace their current lose-lose situation with a sure-fire win-win outcome. Here are ten reasons why this deal needs to go down.

Source

I know the above 'source' is a bit of a joke but it got me thinking... How would my fellow UK citizens feel and would our USA cousins embrace us?

right after Iraq becomes State 51. We conquered that chit fair and square.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: E1Hammer

I do love the Euro sound these days... you're absolutely right, and I didn't even realize it until you said it. Fritz and the Tantrums... Empire of the Sun... great sounds! Now that I think about it, Justin Beiber is essentially riding the coat tails of the Euro sound movement...

Maybe the offer of all recording studios be moved to the lands of the U.S. in the trade?

Cool......You do know that "Empire of the Sun" are Aussies Right?

Maybe the "Euro sound" should be the "Aussie Sound".

Perhaps the US should become a state of Australia?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Hahaha... and there lays an ignorant American stereotype of mine... not being able to determine a British accent from an Australian one.

My apologies!

Perhaps the US should become a state of Australia?

I'm game... how about New Zealander? The new 8th continent, consisting of New Zealand! Not sure the northerners can grasp the changes... that the toilet bowl water spins in the opposite direction I mean.
edit on 25-2-2017 by ttobban because: added comments...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No thx.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hell no . UK is bad as kalifornia for nanny state garbage and pc bull# .
Now if they still had the old British Empire on other hand it would be a different story .

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Oh... Well...

I still like you.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I voted 'leave' last year so the UK can be a sovereign nation again. I wouldn't want to replace one controlling entity with another.

I'd have no problem if the US wished to become a Crown dependency though

No worries. We're still working in the Admiralty codes and
such over here. Now the US is so dependent on the Law
of the Sea nobody knows anymore that the SCOTUS regu-
larly gives us the fatal joke about the Law of the Land.
Then the attorneys just slap the cards back in their wallets
and go to work on us plebs as usual.

In fact, and after indigestion again from the treaties of Paris
and Galt-- I can only wonder from what a yank's idea of indepen-
dence is derived.. or why there is this delusion of freedom at all?
I swear, sometimes rotten banana peels upstairs. But often funny.

And Mister, I propose a trade. Allow all the BAR agents of the
Crown back over to Old Blighty; and I'll sharpen all your cutlery
gratis. [Remembers a similar pledge to TrueBrit.] OH YES.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Annex Canada and sew another star on the flag.
They won't say anything, what they gonna do, attack he USA with a group of guys with hockey sticks?
They have the natural resources the USA needs.

edit on 26-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I am perfectly happy for the US to rejoin the Union, rather than the other way around. We will forgive your attempt at independence now we can see it is not working.

There would have to be a few changes, starting with a reversion by Americans back to proper English, where we spell things like they should be spelt. Do the MATHS, guys.
edit on 26/2/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Annex Canada and sew another star on the flag.
They won't say anything, what they gonna do, attack us with a group of guys with hockey sticks?
They have the natural resources the USA needs.

They could hold their vastly superior BACON for ransom:
not to mention a couple of exotic and tasty racing fuels.
Besides, if we were gumptiony enough Puerto Rico and
denial would get our head count up to a full deck.
If California splits, all the more reason for Wales!
"Save yourselves-- run WITH him!" Burton

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You can buddy up with the Yanks pints gallons miles and all. We like our litres down here, ain't going back to Imperial.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ScepticScot

You can buddy up with the Yanks pints gallons miles and all. We like our litres down here, ain't going back to Imperial.

You do realize where all that came from...

Nevermind.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Haha!
Seriously though I've got more in common with an American than an eastern European, and the language, ease of communication nails it for me.
Yep, a free trade deal, and freedom of movement of workers provided they have "migrant worker insurance" like travel insurance, I'd be happy with that in principle.

It could work well if managed correctly.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Haha you can keep your legal system, just be different, same as Scotland, England &Wales, and Northern Ireland are. It works, just have to remember what the differences are "when in Rome" so to speak.

...yep I reckon the queen would take ya'all back as a Crown Dependency, if Trump asked nicely over tea when he has his state visit

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

no and here is why. the uk is a strong country that at one time had the most feared navy on the planet. it can be stronger again now that it is breaking free of European bureaucracy. now if only it could get rid of some of its own bureaucracy. truly you do not need ministers for every little thing. you got north sea oil you at one time had a booming ship building industry and could be again. instead of giving out benefits because there are no jobs take the handouts you give to other countries and use that for job growth and tech schools. no more public funds to pay for properties owned by the crown her majesty is worth billions she can afford to pay her own upkeep on her residences. make better friends with us,but be your own country. don't loose your cultural identity to politically correctness tell immigrants we welcome you but you need to climate to our ways and maybe teach us about yours

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join