It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - How would YOU feel about UK becoming 51st state of USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I have not thought too deeply on the political ramifications of my trade offers... sorry. If I am reading your statement right, you mention that England is driving their current geopolitical scene on bias' of Donald Trump?

I don't even consider my actions/thoughts to be decided by any way, shape, or form by Donald Trump... or any of the attached politicians for that matter. And, I live in the U.S. Sure, there is a large uproar in civility in times current, but not all are programmable and with that comes a rebellious governmental stance on things. If I were to spend time worrying about the affects of cause and not cause, then maybe I'd be looking for a new economy to involve myself in too.

I do wish the Brexit a success. But, unless CA, D.C, NYC, and Chicago are offered in the transition of a theoretical Brexit landing place... I'd say good luck in your journey of found identity.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'd definitely be behind that, even if just for the sciences and space exploration alone.

Also being able to go shoot guns in the desert, and Americans being able to do whatever we have over here. Maybe drinking?

Ohhhhh I've got it! 'Bored of your temperate weather, feel like you don't make the most of your sunny days? Try a year in the U.K., revitalise your love for the times its not raining!'

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
My brother in law spent 10 years there with some US government something or other. He said the beer women and food was good. He was married twice there and had 5 kids so something must have worked out. Now he's back in the US with my sister. I kinda feel sorry for him.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I think you misunderstand, Brexit is about us leaving the European Union, not our homeland. The types that voted remain (staying a part of the European Union) almost exclusively have a hate-boner for Donald Trump, so would be better suited to your 'lovely liberal Utopias' like Cali. I think they would get on very well together.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: E1Hammer

The UK isn't a country, it's a union of four different countries...

And in response to the OP... Not for me.

As is the United States a union of 50 sovereign States (in the truest form of a State is a nation), but people nowadays don't seem to understand this.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Many haven't forgotten, because they don't know this.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

touche

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
.. sorry. If I am reading your statement right, you mention that England is driving their current geopolitical scene on bias' of Donald Trump?

Let me clarify what I meant.
The U.S. is divided between people who want Trump, and people who hate Trump.
The UK is divided between people who want Brexit and people who hate Brexit.
But those who hate Brexit have also jumped onto the bandwagon of hating Trump. While the triumphant Brexiteers are the British equivalent of the triumphant Trump supporters.
That is why a union of Brexiteers and Californians would not work. They come from opposite sides of the "political correctness" divide.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't like England all that much. Not what it used to be. Nor is France or Germany or Sweden or Norway for that matter, all for similar reasons.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl
It never has been what it used to be.

edit on 25-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Don't even suggest such a thing for your country. That's sounds as bad as Canada becoming part of the US.
Although we should have Alaska, it is in the northern half of the continent 🤔

Plus you're part of the commonwealth. Don't abandon that for the states 😕

What a weird idea.
edit on 25-2-2017 by snowspirit because: Alaska!!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Hmmm... I did not know I am divided in political thought. I personally want a full on revolution and don't support any of these politicians or decisions. I also didn't know that UK is divided... I don't live with an internal debate of divide.

The points I am trying to make here... to clarify... are meant in a jokingly fashion. Humor is just one small element of differences between the East and West of the pond. The trade offer was simply a way of indicating... to do whatever the hell you want, just keep it out of my backyard. I am gearing up to take on the entire system, so who is sleeping where is null and void. There is a large portion of the U.S. citizens that don't care about politics... to the degree that it influences our actions.

Immigrate away... all the civil unrest throughout the world is a clear sign to falling into the negative sides of immigration. It is not a good time in history to be knocking on my door step without expecting a harsh stance of defense. I am surely not bringing a pie to any new neighbors. I could personally care if CA fell off the Earth... how is one to expect anything that isn't working to magically start working when mingling of more people occurs?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

I understand what you're and the basic premise of Brexit. My points relate to my beliefs that there is not much difference between the indifference there and the indifference here. I am not conservative or liberal... I do not care to wave a flag of any sorts. There will be reasonable mingling among labeled societies because what stands for a superficial person is always going to be the main stream data driving opinions. The ones that don't participate in the MSM scenes do not have publicized opinions that the world sees. I dare people to walk up to some of the properties in the CA mountains... the people I call friends.

I only started throwing hypothetical map trades as a gas lighting measure... alternative facts. I apologize for wasting the time of all with my odd sense of humor.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
The points I am trying to make here... to clarify... are meant in a jokingly fashion. Humor is just one small element of differences between the East and West of the pond.

I was making my own comments jokingly, as well, or at least in a good-humoured way. I don't think the British contingent have quite got the hang of this *mudpit" lark- we keep coming in and offering non-aggressive posts.
Although the point that Nigel Farage would not fit in well with the Californian mind-set is worth considering, even if we do it with a smile.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The mud pit aspect is exactly why I even opened my trigger finger typing to begin with.

Damn... I even forgot that it was the mud pit as time went on there, as the seriousness tones quickly turned to assumption. I got sucked in and started defending my craziness... I apologize if I made you feel as if I directed comments at you.

You know my favorite icon from that soil in Europe? Mr. Bean, Rowan Atkinson. I am beginning to theorize that I enjoyed his company so much because he did not speak... he simply groaned and moved on about his realities.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think it'd be a hoot. I need to know in advance so I can max out my investments in firearms manufacturing.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

It could work well.
Insurance companies would provide migrant worker cover same as travel insurance.
Both nations deport and reimburse for those who break the rules.
Could be a good mutual thing.

...I'd consider similar for all English speaking nations with positive intent and good management.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

This is the only scene I can think of when I think of Brexit...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
THIS is the authentic Brexit mindset;

(Nigel Farage once quoted it in Brussels)

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join