It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - How would YOU feel about UK becoming 51st state of USA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Heh...this thread is pretty amusing actually!

I'm actually surprised at some of the responses.

(shrug) For my part, I get on famously with my brothers from the UK. We don't always agree, but at least we can carry on a discussion without cities catching on fire!

I realize this is just a silly hypothetical and would never happen, but seein's how we're on the subject; here's how I'd like to see it go...

We take LA and NYC (oh and DC) and load them all on a boat....but we don't sail the boat to the UK. Then we take all the globalist anti-Brexit folks in the UK and load them on a boat too. We sail both the boats over to Somalia (or Yemen or someplace like that) and kick 'em off.

Then we have one hell of a big party down at the pub!!

Sound fair?

That's a plan I can get behind.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
Not in a million years would it ever happen.

Brits just voted to regain their name, why would they turn around and put themselves under the thumb of someone else?

History is always doomed to repeat....

Oh, wait, to half the Brits their sovereignty was never compromised -snap-.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Personally, I'd have little to no issue with it.

That'd mean I wouldn't need a passport/visa to visit all those cool place in the UK, or England anyway. Just hop a plane and go.

The rest of Europe would have a collective conniption though... Might be worth it for the comedy alone.

More NWO!!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I agree.
The UK still needs immigration but I'd take an English speaking US labourer on a building site before an Eastern European who I struggle to communicate with.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Considering how US Trap music ensnared UK Dubstep music as if it always belonged to it, some might argue this union already occurred.

Little do the club kids here know, original style dark Dubstep is much better, while Drum N Bass that preceded it all is still the final frontier of the final frontier of acoustical dark matter.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Damn Murican's coming over here, taking our jobs, stealing our women with their fancypants strait teeth

Then again, many Americans say they love 'British' accents, so maybe it could be a win win... 'Till they hear my Hull accent.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The queen is thinking of inviting the USA to be in the commonwealth.

That means once again the U.S. will be the property of the UK.

What a waste of time that war was.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

The UK isn't a country, it's a union of four different countries...

And in response to the OP... Not for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I must admit the truth of this statement... I do not know as much as I may should in this case.

But, it merely feeds the concept of my points... there is no need to care or offer care to the back yard of the U.K. when the back yard in my native country has enough garbage that needs picking up. I will offer thought to U.K. place in society after Brexit, as its clearly a lost soul in current times.

I heard DC in on the trade offer, and I concur. In fact, I heard CA wants to leave the union here... instead of L.A., we will throw in the entire state of CA... with the exception of the State of Jefferson.

Brexiter's will be offered refuge in CA, and will be giving their own territorial rights when CA breaks off of the land mass due to the ring of fire.

Are we getting closer to a deal? We add Mexico to the union, and Brexiter's to CA... in exchange for D.C., NYC, Chicago, and CA occupation and rights after break off.

SSSHHH... maybe they won't notice I threw in Chicago!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I have a few American producer friends that feel the UK has all the forward thinking dance music these days..

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
What I would like to see is an US/UK Commonwealth Alliance. A partnership to make the earth shake and China, Russia, and NK et al to soil themselves.

That exists. It's called NATO.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: E1Hammer

That's what I was implying by saying Identity crisis... the borders and government variance behind the union concept and the countries specifically need to be defined before occupying a space going forward is to happen.

If the U.S. wants to implement geopolitical change, what Canada or other countries offer as opinion does not matter. I'd listen to trade offers if D.C.. NYC, and CA were taken off our hands...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Haha!

I'd be up for a free trade/movement of people thing, no rights to welfare or social benefits either side and all migrant workers must have health insurance or sent back if treated abroad with no insurance, reimbursement from the respective tax payers etc, blah.
It could be done if managed well, and benefit both nations while still being sovereign entities.

edit on 25.2.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
Brexiter's will be offered refuge in CA, and will be giving their own territorial rights when CA breaks off of the land mass due to the ring of fire.

The problem with your basic premise is that there is a natural affinity between being anti-Trump and being anti-Brexit. In England, the two groups have already merged. So there is no way that a union between Brexiteers and California would work.
It would be much more natural for California to join the European Union, so that they could welcome immigrants together. Perhaps the ring of fire could achieve a complete swap.

edit on 25-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
I actually need to leave this thread because I may upset alot of our American brothers and sisters here..

Nah, if your opinion upset them, then they are better off somewhere else because a true American would not be upset with you for voicing your opinion. It's that whole 1st amendment thing for freedom of speech. It was put into place to allow others to voice their opinions without reprisals, unlike what the UK allowed the colonists waaaaay back when. So, to any American whom would get angry with you for voicing your opinions . . . I say that they need to take their bad attitudes to the UK where they might be more acceptable behavior.

As for my opinion on the matter as an American? Well, I don't think the option should even be on the table as long as the US still has territories. Before we voted to let in another sovereign nation as a state, I truly believe our six territories ( Guam, Peurto Rico, Virgin Islands, N. Marianna Isles, American Somoa, and Washington DC) should first have a chance to decide to either become a state or leave the US all together. Well, maybe not Washington DC, it is better off not being within or being a state. And this doesn't mention the nation's smaller holdings or all the Indian reservations across the land.
edit on 2252017 by JDeLattre89 because: Because I can.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: E1Hammer

I do love the Euro sound these days... you're absolutely right, and I didn't even realize it until you said it. Fritz and the Tantrums... Empire of the Sun... great sounds! Now that I think about it, Justin Beiber is essentially riding the coat tails of the Euro sound movement...

Maybe the offer of all recording studios be moved to the lands of the U.S. in the trade?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Why would we leave one failing union to join another ?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That's so sweet!!

We like you, too!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

There i'm sure are countries who never even formed part of the empire who are members, its more like a golf club sort of thing where you meet up and have a few beers and have a chat, what you do after the chat is up to you.

The chances of the US population ever voting to join it would be pretty low and the fact they threw all ties off from the UK and are very proud of it would mean a change in the core US identity and I doubt that will happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Lol I didn't say I like US people over Eastern Europeans just the obvious benefits of English majority for people as first language.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join