It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - How would YOU feel about UK becoming 51st state of USA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Not in a million years would it ever happen.

Brits just voted to regain their name, why would they turn around and put themselves under the thumb of someone else?

Brits think the most far left American is too conservative.

Culture Clash: Brits tend to think all Americans are some sort of Wild West Cowboy Shoot Anything That Moves types and Americans tend to think Brits are some of the most stuck up and snobby people on the face of the planet.

Again: would never, ever work.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

California might have you

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

and is a free agent without a clue,

quoted to demonstrate the utter idiocy of the OP premise

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ruled by King Trumph .
Not even in alternative reality can this happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
No thanks, I like the states and I like Britain, I don't want to have to hate both. We already have people here acting like stateside politics is ours, then getting arsey when the States say anything about our politics.

Nothing to kill a friendship like becoming too close and getting under each others feet, and remembering why we bickered so much back in the day, what with wars and all.

Generally better as our own sovereign nationstates.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Guys

There's no need for rudeness! It was just a thread for fun to ask the question as I see this idea put around often.

I would not want to become the 51st state myself, it was merely a question to get people's opinion.

Christ - relax
edit on 25/2/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nope. Not at all. Our bathrooms stand uncomplicated, and shall remain so for future generations.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I voted 'leave' last year so the UK can be a sovereign nation again. I wouldn't want to replace one controlling entity with another.

I'd have no problem if the US wished to become a Crown dependency though

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Not really an identity crisis, that's like me saying the Americas including Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Columbia etc are the Unites States of America.

I.E. very silly.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
a reply to: Misterlondon

Britain, Great Britian, England... always in an identity crisis throughout times.

I experienced an identity crisis while in London... I make a decent living and have a nice house and comforts in the U.S. When I stayed 1 night in London, I had to sleep on the street because I did not have it in me to pay $200 to rest my eyes for 4 hours... got to experience being homeless again.

No thanks... in fact you can take NYC and LA if you want them!

London is the capital of England. England is a country. Britain is an area that consists of England and the country of Wales. Great Britain is the name of the island that is home to the countries of England, Wales, and Scotland. The United Kingdom (UK) is a country that is a union of the countries on the island of Great Britain, along with the country of Northern Ireland (which shares the island of Ireland with the Republic of Ireland.) [The Republic of Ireland is] a separate country that is not part of the UK. London is also the capital of the UK.

So, does this mean Ireland comes with you? Just because Brexit is happening does not mean the rest of the world wants a Brentrance.

No offence but you obviously know nothing about the uk

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Even if it would work, you don't want to be a part of this union. If you think corporations and corruption has taken over the UK, it is nothing compared to the wild, wild, west that is here in the US. We're a completely political mess right now and our own extremists have allowed us to play right in the hands of Putin.

Trust me when I say this, the parliamentary system of govt. is better than our 2 party system. With all the propaganda coming from both left and right, our government is essentially non-functional.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We have got enough issues with just considering Puerto rico for statehood and it's a us territory.

Not to mention whispers of states wanting to leave.

This is beyond absurd but I'm glad you posted it because it game me a smile.

I can't wait to see what UK members reaction will be good luck.

edit on 25-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: LETS MAKE THE MOON THE 52 STATE!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I would much rather my state join the United Kingdom.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
Brits tend to think all Americans are some sort of Wild West Cowboy Shoot Anything That Moves types and Americans tend to think Brits are some of the most stuck up and snobby people on the face of the planet.

I smell a SITCOM!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What I would like to see is an US/UK Commonwealth Alliance. A partnership to make the earth shake and China, Russia, and NK et al to soil themselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Heh...this thread is pretty amusing actually!

I'm actually surprised at some of the responses.

(shrug) For my part, I get on famously with my brothers from the UK. We don't always agree, but at least we can carry on a discussion without entire cities catching on fire, and people looting all the damn liquor stores!

I realize this is just a silly hypothetical and would never happen, but seein's how we're on the subject; here's how I'd like to see it go...

We take LA and NYC (oh and DC) and load them all on a boat....but we don't sail the boat to the UK. Then we take all the globalist anti-Brexit folks in the UK and load them on a boat too. We sail both the boats over to Somalia (or Yemen or someplace like that) and kick 'em off.

Then we have one hell of a big party down at the pub!!

Sound fair?

edit on 2/25/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I wish we were under the English crown and that the monarchy got usurped by a common self made king.

Maybe an Irishman

Also, I wish that California would sink into the ocean and that the ME would be sucked up by a sink hole....

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I didn't vote to leave the EU to become a state of the United States. I like the country and my Aunt lives in Florida and says that it's a great place to live (ten years for her so far) but if a vote came up for this I'd vote and campaign for a nope. And to those who think we have no clue where we're going - You're wrong. Like always we'll make it through this and be better off than we were.

link   
State? naa, but I would like a way for the 2 nations to move back and forth without any visa requirements and the ability to hold dual citizenship (I am US cit and UK perm resident..would be nice to have cit on both though)

UK and USA are nearly identical in culture, but with enough differences also to want to preserve it. I would treat them and Japan as a perfect sort of commonwealth of advanced nations.

link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

NK soils themselves every day anyway. That's what a diet rich in sticks and bugs will do to a fella!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join