It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heidelberg ‘attack’ leaves three injured after man ‘deliberately drives car at pedestrians’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Local media reports he drove a rental car into crowds in the city centre of Heidelberg near Stuttgart.

Police say one of the three people injured is in a serious condition.

The alleged driver was taken to hospital.

His motive remains unclear, but local media speculates that he may have been mentally disturbed.

Police were quick to say they did not believe it was a terror attack.

Dramatic video shows the moment cops draw their guns in a tense standoff with the driver.

www.thesun.co.uk...

There is not much in the way of info on this yet.

The media reports that a man drove his car into a bakery and injured 3. The story calls the injured pedestrians. After he hit the people, he then got out of the car with a knife and ran.

He was later shot and taken to the hospital, he is is serious condition.
The three people that were hit by the car are said to have serious injuries.

Something does not sound right. He repeatably got out of the car and ran with a knife? Odd.
edit on 25-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Funny. RT is quoting officials as saying the claims about him being mentally disturbed are simply speculation and they have no evidence to suggest that.

So...not terrorism and not a mentally disturbed individual?

ETA - voice of Europe says it was "an attack on women and children."
edit on 25-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They will say anything to make sure to steer the "incident" away from the "T" word.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
To be fair to the authorities it would be irresponsible to declare it terror or anything else until they investigate the attacker.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
To be fair, I would call ISIS sand anyone else that wants to kill because they think differently and believe differently as "mentally disturbed".

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrix76

Of course they can't call it a terrorist attack. It takes time.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Matrix76

Of course they can't call it a terrorist attack. It takes time.

You mean it takes proof before calling it a terrorist attack.
edit on 25-2-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I guess proof (evidence) and that usually takes time to gather.

Odd how he used a rental car, and ran with a knife only to be shot and taken to the hospital.

I would imagine that the police are busy little bees doing what they do in a situation like this.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm sorry but people are losing the fricking plot. For decades before ISIS even existed people did really dumb stupid things. Including driving cars into crowds, rampaging through malls with knives etc etc.

Why is there this orgasmic frenzy to hang the terrorist label on fricking everything. It's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I don't see anyone having an orgasmic frenzy.

There is news and it needs to be addressed and yes if it is terrorism then the authorities will know how to handle this better.

Why is there this orgasmic frenzy to hang the terrorist label on fricking everything. It's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Local media reports he drove a rental car into crowds in the city centre of Heidelberg near Stuttgart.

Police say one of the three people injured is in a serious condition.

The alleged driver was taken to hospital.

His motive remains unclear, but local media speculates that he may have been mentally disturbed.

Police were quick to say they did not believe it was a terror attack.

Dramatic video shows the moment cops draw their guns in a tense standoff with the driver.

Heidelberg ‘attack’ leaves three injured after man ‘deliberately drives car at pedestrians’ in German city centre before being shot by cops

There is not much in the way of info on this yet.

The media reports that a man drove his car into a bakery and injured 3. The story calls the injured pedestrians. After he hit the people, he then got out of the car with a knife and ran.

He was later shot and taken to the hospital, he is is serious condition.
The three people that were hit by the car are said to have serious injuries.

Something does not sound right. He repeatably got out of the car and ran with a knife? Odd.

The german media said that he drove in a crowd of people in front of a bakery. He than get out and fled on foot armed with a knife. The police surrounded him with 3 cops. He than tried to attack one of the cops with the knife. He got shot once in response to the attack. He is now in the hospital in serious condition. 3 civilians got hit by the car and one is in serious condition. This looks more like a nutjob who just snapped to be honest. The police has however not disclosed the nationality of the attacker at this time. This is a liitle bit concerning because the german police has specific orders to withold information about the nationalities of any refugees who commited a crime. Please take this with a grain of salt.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Thanks fixed

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Some copy here,

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Very premature to call it a terrorist attack imo.

I will wait for additional info, but my initial thought is it's like many other of these events, just some deranged maniac who did it for no reason.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Some german news outlets reporting this incident as a car accident. He fled with a knife. This was not an car accident but i doubt it has anything to do with a terror attack either. I'm so sick of this censored crap. There is some indication that the driver is a german student from Hamburg. Nothing concrete yet though.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Fear mongering bastards.

edition.cnn.com...

CNN is despicable.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Why are they fear mongering.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A textbook knife intifada attack.

How long will it take authorities to tell the truth?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Why are they fear mongering.

They mention the terrorist attack in Berlin at the end of the article that ticked me off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join