It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: veracity

You could also post a rant
Which seems to be all that you are doing in this thread ...You might go back to the OP and think about what it says . You are hung up on stars so I will give you one not for adding anything positive to the thread but to show you just how insignificant they are to the bigger picture . In fact I will plea your case to other members to drop a Starr off on you .

great job on cherry-picking my post

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

great job on cherry-picking my post
Well you made it so easy to pick one with all the other 2 that might be there . but thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I shoulda had a V8 this morning... I am standing at 45 degrees when standing up.

Did I hear that a fellow member needs stars donated? I will act swiftly, and star away...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I am standing at 45 degrees when standing up
Yoy ..been there done that and had a short love affair with Demerol .The Tylenol almost killed me .

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

I shoulda had a V8 this morning... I am standing at 45 degrees when standing up.

Did I hear that a fellow member needs stars donated? I will act swiftly, and star away...

Just to clarify, the2ofusr1 said something about throwing stars my way..., star me if you must, I'll take em, I don't get a lot around here bc of my views but the op stated something about all he wanted was more stars and flags. I felt sorry for him and gave him some just to me nice. Edit, he said he is NOT looking for stars and flags...please disregard my comment on how to obtain them...that is not to say my comment is not true.

I personally don't care either way but would still take them. I take them to my dreams at night and muster up confidence and strength that I then redistribute into the world

edit on 26-2-2017 by veracity because: To add edit

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A interlude :>)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Glad to read the word 'had' there... I hate pills and I know they are a tough struggle.

Also glad to see that gas lighting really does work. I made an offbeat comment about the star comment you made... I said I was going to star in assistance, but actually gave no credit to who you were talking about... hahaha. I learned who this said Ed McMahon (Star Searcher) was when they wasted another post to clarify their specificity.

My evil plans to devalue a member's stats .0001% is working after all...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Also glad to see that gas lighting really does work
Well that subject had me down that rabbit hole for nearly a full month .A sad subject to the reality of it but in order to get some closures ,I needed to know ... My ignorance to it at the time was anything other then bliss .

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I agree - we have become to concerned with individuals.

Is the individual the problem? - Or the system that allows them to do the very things that a huge amount of people dislike?

Checks and balances - Democracy - Representing the people - Why don't we focus on these ideas, then work from the top, down?

To change the system, or rise up against a shadow government is an idea, which would require an event - a revolution of sorts, a systematic approach, which requires a lot of people - Organized people... I suppose this is more the premise of my post than anything. Wanting to change Donald Trump by ranting about Donald Trump... Is just going to get people nowhere at all.

Individuals focusing on other individuals is no form of progress.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Where do you get the idea that I want stars and flags?

Stars and flags mean something as far as the website goes - It's a representation of the site succeeding - Threads are catching people's attention, people are participating, etc..

But as far as I go? I'd be happier if there was a "You helped shape my new perspective on things" button.

I have no idea my influence - I've had plenty of stars and flags at the expense of the left, for the record, but that's not what matters to me. I'd rather know if I actually changed anything for the better, even if it was just one persons point of view on one topic.

I often fear I haven't.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You get a
from me for making this thread because I have grown in it .You also get your 19th flag from me .

eta .

To change the system, or rise up against a shadow government is an idea, which would require an event - a revolution of sorts, a systematic approach, which requires a lot of people - Organized people.
I am coming to believe that that has already happened and is playing out with the election of Donald Trump ...Physical push back against them is futile and would be playing into their hands ...The silent revolution where every one becoming aware and not being tricked into emotional reactions is our strength and where they are in a week position because of our numbers imo
edit on 26-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I misread your post and I have you a star

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The election of Donald Trump....

Is an interesting thing.

I don't think it's just one thing, but I don't think it's as many things as people claim. I don't think he is any type of savior, I don't think he has what it takes to fix the system, I don't think that people voted for him as a way to fix the system. I think they voted for him because he's the most well known, and frankly a lot of other republican choices were absolute crap. Ted Holier-Than-Thou Cruz? ... Wish-I-Didn't-Have-This-Last-Name Bush?

I suppose it's a message that we are tired of the same old, same old - I think both the Right and the Left was actually showing the same mentality,the Left with Bernie Sanders, but we know that he didn't win because it was rigged against him - Though he has also been a politician a long time, I think if he had been an outsider to the established politicians, he may have won against Hillary by a landslide, and possibly have taken the election.

But, my premise is more that we need to topple all three major branches of the Government. Really put them in their place, really show them that the people want to be represented... But my premise isn't all that popular. More people just want a different president, one man or woman, in a high seat - and then they're okay.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

But, my premise is more that we need to topple all three major branches of the Government. Really put them in their place, really show them that the people want to be represented.
The election of Trump came with a big can of worms that got opened ...The Emails exposed the inside workings of the machine ...you can't undo that picture ...We seen the MSM worms crawling all over it then and still ...We seen how the GOP were just as much against Trump as the others ...You can't un-see that ...Now that a majority of us know this and we really don't have to speculate it like its a conspiracy ,because we know now that its a fact ...

Knowledge is king where lies and diversions don't work so well against . Trump has gained more and more support sense the election and he knows this is not coming from the MSM beefing him up ...Its coming despite the attacks from all sides .We even know that the insiders within his team he is getting slack ...How long can it go on is anyones guess .It does not look good but neither did his chances look to win the election ...

Trying to force change from the outside would seem near impossible . But to make a change from the inside has more promise and better odds . Trump has become the peoples 5th column hope ...imo

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Trying to force change from the outside would seem near impossible . But to make a change from the inside has more promise and better odds .

Now I can look back at my WHY analogy and provide it more credibility!!!
edit on 26-2-2017 by ttobban because: oops

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

In thinking on your circle of thought ..I would take my "BECAUSE" and put it over/under/or outside the circle .I think the "because" is or becomes our foundation to our world view ...We filter all things through it ...am I close ?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Sure... Because/Why... same meaning, different language.

Thinking back, I even feel you said it best... work inwards to outwards. It removes even more options, and I am all for less options.

I always appreciate when I can simplify things further... thanks for adding one for me today!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Sure... Because/Why... same meaning, different language
I was thinking more along the line of "because"=cause and effect ...we become a active participant (how) the "because" expresses its self weather through the language of nature or the human experience ie..family of individuals =father+mother=child the cause and effect relationship ..."because" .am I close ?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You certainly deserve my star and flag.

I agree with you 100%. I like this line. ''Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.''

It is true. Those that are so closed off to think for themselves basically wish to talk about Donald & Hilary all the time. Jumping on the bandwagon all the time. Contributing nothing to this website or the world. He is in office, let it lay now as he won fairly, which he did.

Literally, this site has become snowflakes with an opinion they state as fact and run with it. I await threads like this or about something truly fun to come by instead of the boring tosh that has swept this website recently.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

I'm even considering writing a book! :p

That quote was the closest to what I could find expressed my thoughts well. I really do believe great minds can discuss a great many things, including people, events and such, but that it's how they discuss the topics.

Bashing trump saying he has orange skin and acts like a child is pretty shallow. It doesn't ask any questions, it doesn't answer any questions.. Unless those questions concerned the color of his skin or some persons opinion of his personality.

It's why I always followed the anti Clinton threads better - look into the posts by ignoranceisntbliss, for instance, there's tens or hundreds of links, there's so many events connected, there's many details that are all a part of what is presented as hillary being a part of the population that cannot easily be fought against. A corrupt, rich part of the population possibly guilty of some of the most heinous crimes...

Now, I admit the same may be able to be found of trump. I don't know the guy... But honestly looking at the main page right now, and the trend, so many more threads are just showing pre conceived notions that Russia is somehow the most evil place ever ( I've never actually been shown proof of this.. It's just what Americans are supposed to believe from birth I guess) and complaining that he won, or complaints of his latest policies.

That's not conspiracy. That's just whining - and while I'm guilty of it, id rather move forward and think deeper, id rather discuss ideas linked to events linked to people, rather than just throwing insults at a guy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join