It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
a reply to: deadlyhope

Haven't we already answered all the questions up to current events? What is left that we haven't considered?

Good point Bleeeeep.
A consideration would be if the Sol systems are gaining "residents" more so then usual, why?
It may be too pseudo however to discuss... Back to current events, so and so plans to build more... ... ... Attractors astonishingly!
I think humans would notice nuclear wars going on between ants.
On this small planet or island in the Abyss of Creation it would be noticed also from afar 1 would think. And advanced development signifies what from afar?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

People have been asking for think tank forums for awhile - something set apart with rules that demand solutions from posters - and I have to agree, it would be most good.

beeezer was one of the last ones I recall asking, maybe his thread is still open?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I think that the polarization has many of us focused on the one thing that is so important to our ideas. The big picture has not left our mind, but we are involved in a crucial battle, one that will play a significant roll in the future. It is quite possible that I am small minded, I definitely am no mastermind that could conceive of such conspiracies that the likes of ATS should constantly ponder my most inner thinking and secret agendas... I am more of an open book.

I'm not here to save the world or to lead it away into a sea of despair, I am mostly concerned with the spiritual well being of my family and myself. We are witnessing history play out, the future heroes and villains or maybe even the gods to a later civilization, and we should be focused on people and their ideas. I am not oblivious to what is happening, I am just trying to end up on the right side of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

I can respect that.

I have a six month old daughter, and a wife I married a year and a half ago.

My number one priority is to take care of them.

I don't feel like I'm doing well enough, though.

I want to live comfortably - Not just survive.

Not luxury, exactly - More just if anything comes up, say a broken bone or a car issue - I feel like I can cover it without too much stress.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

That's the kind of post that gets goal tended.

You're awesome.

Umm, I liked the idea that that guest ama futurist had: "aliens may travel for missionary reasons (to spread their religion)."
edit on 2/25/2017 by Bleeeeep because: may travel*

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep
That would be interesting reason to travel.
1 would hope however they would have clear presentations of said religion(s) they spread as to not further disturb the religious unclear...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I doubt it all began with Edward Bernays being hired by Woodrow Wilson to engage in "Public Relations", but that is a convenient point to start, and that was a century ago.

Manipulation of the public perception has been brought to art form level. The Powers That Be, the Deep State, whatever it happens to be, has been shaping the public's world view for a very long time.

It is attributed to Casey, now deceased and formerly of the CIA, that they will know that their disinformation efforts have been successful when everything the American public believes is false. We've pretty much reached that point years ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

My mom's version is different: "Great minds discuss ideas, mediocre minds talk about people, small minds are concerned with things."

[Just fyi]

edit on 26/2/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I just get a general sense of all, that debate comes from a place of historical data, and not so much real/current time data. The philosophy's I personally carry are as natural today as they were yesterday. I am Native American and have spent lots of quality time with Lenape and Catawba tribes and the grounds that were labeled with borders... but its the consumer aspect that has borders in the first place. That kind of leads back to the Eagle analogy again... because nature is unable to have borders and balance equally, Eagles don't fly over people and attach their energy's together... then move on after sharing the grace's of Nature. Eagles loved this aspect of human's... Eagles can't take down a deer without help, but they love it. In today's world, humans practice Falconry instead... where the raptor is trapped and forced into the very slave labor of the hunts I was just talking about. Notice the leash, eye blinders, and food on a string used to instill obedience to the tasks? Safe to say it's a pretty close comparison to humans... naturalist vs. consumer.

Sure, I see the story for what it is... a duck hunt using an uncommon method of killing. But, I also see the analogy... the guy in the orange jacket is Evelyn Rothschild. The falcon is the American consumer. The duck is the native American.

Good day, and always a blast having good talks!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hahaha... I know death occurs when the heart stops pumping. My point was exactly the one you made... that people are consumers and no longer hunters. And, as I mentioned before... even the Honey Bee is becoming extinct because of all this unnatural food you mention. There lays the imbalance... a land of burgers is made to feed people that can't feed themselves, and they are willing to kill the Honey Bee to do it... when it's clear as day humans aren't up to the task of pollinated Earth.

Now time rolls on... and people bicker back and forth over specifics. It is all so trivial, idiotic, and time poorly spent at best to offer repair within the system of humans that will never ever understand a connection to nature.

At some point in time, Mother Nature will not allow for such chaos... I believe we are living in those times of re balancing.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I really enjoy your analogies .Our personal data sets may not produce the same story narratives but I suspect they confirm the same end results . Its like two different languages saying the same thing ...It gives a deeper richer picture with more resolution ... we are just a pair of pixels in the bigger picture .

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

the reason why I dislike trump is not bc of the media

Its bc of what he says and tweets and the policies that he does with executive order.

Its also bc of the people he elects for his administration.

I can figure all of this out without the help of the media.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

and the policies that he does with executive order.
?? care to share what policies these are ? Don't use the media as a source seeing you have figured this out all by your self .tks

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

This is a reply to the Original Post.

I think it is a good idea to examine issues within a larger scope, instead of on specific individuals.

On this question in particular - why is there so much focus on debating persons in US politcs?
Why debate social problems in terms ofObama, Hillary, or Trump, or whoever else gets brought up by name?
It is as if we are a monarchy, and all issues are caused and managed by whoever is President!
Our government is made up of many, many people, and many branches which have various influences.

It isn't that surprising. Our culture has been focusing onindividualism for a long time - since the nation was founded with the intent of keeping the individual free from being dominated by the power of the majority.
This was increased with the Cold War, as a way of detering people from being seduced by Communism, instilling in us from the time we are children a repulsion to any hint of collectivism. The "I" became sacred and revered, and it seems to me a natural by product that cult of personality would become the most widespread theme between us.

Since we all see ourselves as individuals who must fight alone against threat to our and our families lives, it is probably expected that we are going to focus more upon an individual as being threat, rather than see our self faced with huge groups of people working together as an entity! If it's just me against one, at least there is a glimmer of hope! Perhaps I can vote against that one person, and therefore defend myself effectively!

So here is my idea on the table on why this is happening on a wide scale. We will not be able to look at the larger reality of what is happening in our country until we get over our fear of "herd mentality", and start considering there is also group intelligence, crowd wisdom and decentralized decision making.

I wonder if we aren't coming closer to that point - the young generation, rebelling against their elders resolute individualism, have a sense of that potential force. People are identifying stronger than ever with one side or another of political parties. I think it would save us if we could join those two together and form an idea of "the people" together, which doesn't include the most insanely rich and powerful. But for the moment, too many are still worshipping their icons of personality, and afraid of losing their sense of self in a pool of collective movement.

I think what is happening is even bigger than just the government, or the media, big business...though they have interest in sustaining this cultural value in the masses. It is problem of all the people in the nation, and the system is simply a reflection of our collective consciousness.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I don't feel the need to prove reasoning for my dislike of trump

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

No doubt the same end result through many languages... the very reason to practice generalities. The simple fact that different realities can exist so easily surfaces the increasing need to be aware that the balance of all lives far out powers the motives of one person. The oneness of all is what is at play in current times... happening whether people like it or not.

No more need for an industrialized nation... balance is coming naturally. Comforts provided will likely cause a good portion of the transition to occur in forms of kicking and screaming the whole way.

Thanks for dealing with my vague analogies... like I said, specifics are tough for me when it involves complex human emotion. I feel it helps pull one out of their own existence when using analogies. I've never offered much care to facts, and prefer the probability plateaus, which comes with being wrong just as much as I could be right... more than anything its just a free feeling to not consume my energy with the deep rooted feelings of vindication. You easily see this, so the expansive debates that come from unity branch OUT... not back IN to focus on specifics.

Sorry, another Great analogy popped up... hahaha! Imagine a circle containing the 5 W's... WHO,WHAT,WHEN,WHERE,WHY. In the middle of the circle lays WHY. The perimeter of the circle contains the remaining 4, WHO,WHAT,WHEN,WHERE. Around the entire circles resides CONFLICT & NEED FOR A DECISION. If time is spent collecting data on the perimeter of the circle, then conflict will never see resolve. If all else is ignored, and a strong focus of WHY is emphasized, the paths of the other 4 are to be crossed naturally as time continues. Maybe the current direction in time resonates a bit more WHO & WHERE or vice versa, but those aspects to me seem to be no more useful than the data used to cross a bridge at a point in time in history.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This response to the OP...

If what you want are stars and flags...then post something demeaning about the "alt-left" or something relating trump to god or Jesus.

You could also post a rant about CNN or any news network for that matter about their fake news.

Heck, just make the title "Benghazi, Hillary should be jailed" to up your star to post ratio.

Good luck.

edit on 26-2-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Imagine a circle containing the 5 W's... WHO,WHAT,WHEN,WHERE,WHY. In the middle of the circle lays WHY. The perimeter of the circle contains the remaining 4, WHO,WHAT,WHEN,WHERE. Around the entire circles resides CONFLICT & NEED FOR A DECISION. If time is spent collecting data on the perimeter of the circle, then conflict will never see resolve. If all else is ignored, and a strong focus of WHY is emphasized, the paths of the other 4 are to be crossed naturally as time continues. Maybe the current direction in time resonates a bit more WHO & WHERE or vice versa, but those aspects to me seem to be no more useful than the data used to cross a bridge at a point in time in history.
I see in the center not just the WHY but along side of it the HOW ...6 is the number of man 7 is spiritual that completes man ...That spiritual guidance is the HOW that keeps the choices within that circle ...One other aspect of liberal thought is the BECAUSE .which is the 8th ...8 represents newness ,re-birth .So upping your 5W's we now have the 8 cylinders on which to spark ...I always like V8 power

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I don't feel the need to prove reasoning for my dislike of trump

Yet you come into the thread and start off by saying

the reason why I dislike trump is not bc of the media

Then you carry on making statements and I ask for a clarification of one of your statements .Could it be that you wont defend your statements because you can't ? ....If so then carry on

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You could also post a rant
Which seems to be all that you are doing in this thread ...You might go back to the OP and think about what it says . You are hung up on stars so I will give you one not for adding anything positive to the thread but to show you just how insignificant they are to the bigger picture . In fact I will plea your case to other members to drop a Starr off on you .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join