It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Okay .....I agree that the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

But the point that I believe the OP is trying to make is that there is an obsession with political threads that seem to just want to point out the faults of the "other side"
edit on 25-2-2017 by HarryJoy because: add

edit on 25-2-2017 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

deadlyhope, the crucial thing here is not whether or not the establishment burns, although it must, in time, if the human race is to survive.

Rather the point is who does the burning and has the power to rebuild. If we allow fascists to do the burning, then fascists will wind up doing the rebuilding. They must not be permitted to do either.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Glad you know everything about me.

I'm a conservative in my own life.

Socially - Libertarian. Leave people alone. Government can stay out of it. Mind you own business.

I'm saying you can go ahead and crucify one person - Let's pretend Donald Trump is only evil, and needs to be impeached ( not my stance ) - Is the entire government going to be fixed - Do we have any assurance that the next person won't be as bad or worse? Is it a system that's corrupt, or only one person? Do we have a congress and senate that's disconnected - Or do we need to only single out individuals and stop them and everything will be great?

The idea that the government is full of corrupt people and the idea that the seat of president attracts people that are very unlike the average citizen, and very often have their own nefarious agenda - Is a much more powerful thought, and closer to reality in my opinion than " Trump has orange skin which is bad, and he could be Hitler's reincarnate " ( Replace "Trump" and the negative terms with whomever you want - Clinton, Bush, Obama )

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I had to look through my threads to see if that was me.

Not sure how we'd be on the opposite end of politics - I'm personally conservative, socially libertarian ( which is somewhat liberal - Just not as loud about it. Leave people alone. Let them do as they please. )

I am all for small business and think small business needs to be revitalized, and corrupt large businesses ( Monsanto used to be a more common topic ) should be closed.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Yes. Gets right back to political ideology entrenchment. Here's what we got in this country. The right pointing out the left's fallacies. The left pointing out the right's fallacies. Centrists saying they're both #ed up. Of course, neither the right or left want to hear that.
edit on 25-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

....As a bit of optimism ,I do hope Trump's bumping the table has knocked off enough chips to slow the race to the bottom ...Dislodging those chip holders could work in a more positive way for most of the masses .I would like to get at least one payment out of my pension plan before it all goes bust ...so there is that little hope .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

personally i dislike both of them, and have trashed both of them. as far as trump i've supported him/ his actions he has taken in the last two months because it seems that he has been trying to deliver on promises he made. he is doing exactly what many in the country see as a problem and is shaking the very foundation of the government that has been in charge the past 100 years.
when you got embedded half wits in congress calling for impeachment for things that aren't even against the law, or that are not verified other than hear say, or constant attacks by the MSM you know that he is doing something right.

plus i think it's funny watching him _____ with them and they get all triggered. he knows exactly what he's doing and the sad thing is people are falling for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Great point!

It's exactly why I want a full revolution... not retribution. Those debating specifics think their is possible way to fix things, or are simply too scared to imagine living through the times of when the people of the world's super power took back their government.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Sorry, I was referring to another thread. My point was we agree on jobs.

I don't know where I fit in politics. For ATS I am a liberal or maybe closer to libertarian.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

.I would like to get at least one payment out of my pension plan before it all goes bust ...so there is that little hope .

I must include this in my reasons for people staying involved in my previous post to include your thoughts... financial gain is something to consider that I do not. There are more reasons to stay involved, yes... but my point is that conspiracy theorists of past are more quiet in times of today. The leeches will have to attempt to latch onto something as MSM crumbles.

I prefer the times back when conspiracy theorists were shoved aside as not credible. Finding a meaningful think tank to participate in is almost extinct.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Hmm, this thread isn't about Hillary or Trump, exactly.

It's about the idea that if we believe Hillary or Trump are evil - We should not divorce them from other ideas that we have brought up in the past.

Like that corporations are evil, the government is evil, rich people being a part of an elite club that desire to control the masses - Things like that.

I see all too many posts that just compare trump and hitler without any other substantial effort to actually prove a concept the idea - " Trump is hitler " is talking about people, pretending to be an idea - It's shallow. Only one thread I've ever seen actually dives more into history and tries to depict why trump has a relation to hitler - I may not agree with the thread, but the effort the author gave, I appreciated because not enough people put much effort into their posts ( myself included. )

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

My post wasn't aimed directly at you necessarily, but rather the statement and the source. It speaks to a mind-set.

And while I understand what you were driving at in the OP, I intentionally posted my statement to interject balance into a theme and resultant discussion. Frankly, I don't think you can use the quote the way you have without this balance, and without the context of the statement and the person who said it.

So again, it's not directed at you personally, but in the same breath it is intended to shed light on an opposing view (to the statement) which actually 'goaltends' and stovepipes a conversation.

It wrongly suggests people who discuss events and people are somehow of lesser intellect than those who discuss ideas. Fundamentally, this is wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

A good point you bring up, TrueBrit.

I believe fascists were created by the system - I also hope they never run the system.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

We're starting to go downhill here - We are discussing single people and events - Not even realizing the people and events are linked entirely to the bigger ideas we used to discuss.

I totally agree. The puzzle is lost and ATS is more mainstream media ever. Well I always assumed that most people are here for the Truth. Now it's like it's some kind of pissing contest between right and left. It's a pitty because now we live at a time that everything becomes clear to those people who still haven't forgotten the entire puzzle.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ummm...how very small minded of us...all...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I think it's somewhat inevitable.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy this place - And still think it has some value for everyone.

New members can either find commonality with other new members or older members, and old members the same.

The trend is just going towards where I look up "new" threads a lot more often than "top" threads - I just am not a consumer of ATS in the way that others might be - At least, I am not now - I have definitely participated in my share of partisan bashing.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And the smallest minds complain about the media.

Seriously, do we need 40 trillion posts about how allegedly bad our media is, when there are so many real problems that need attention?

Some people will whine about anything instead of doing something useful. The problem with America isn't the media, the problem is that our country is full of idiots and asshats, to put it mildly.

You know, people that want to get rid of retirement (for example) for tens of millions of people so they can have a few more bucks to waste on guns or beer.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't agree with the statement of the opening OP, great minds actually discuss all three equally.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I prefer the times back when conspiracy theorists were shoved aside as not credible. Finding a meaningful think tank to participate in is almost extinct.
Yea it is kind of a downer finding out that yea your suspensions are valid but then realizing ,what can be done about it not something a small group has the power to change it . About that think tank ...creating a criteria for such a thing has to start with one person suggesting 1 thing ...I would like to see all of the personality types represented .(Human Metrics) I think there are 12/13 types ..I don't see gender playing a part but a consideration value... It would make for a interesting watch ...Kind of a main forum that can spin off outside thread discussions opened up to the general members .

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It was the best quote I could find to compare my thoughts with, and I do admit it's not a perfect quote.

I believe great minds discuss all of them, and sometimes link them together.

Illuminati/NWO is an example that conspiracy theorists have fleshed out. It links lots of peoples, events, ideas, historical and modern, and compiles them into one great conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join