It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wellness Virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sitting here with yet another bug - stuffy head, aching sinuses and etc. So it occurred to me that Newton's third law just might apply to health: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Now I am fantasizing about a "Wellness Virus" (or maybe a "Wellness Prion") - maybe a huge herd of them - that are equally infectious, communicable and contagious as the bad guys. The balance. Newton's 3rd law prevailing in biology.

The more I think about it, the more conceivable it seems.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Top bad the virus isn't listening, Its brain is too small, all it sees is "meat".

If the immune system were stronger, one might resist contracting these more virulent modern dis-'eases', un eases or whether they call them now.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The immune system is intimately connected with and responsive to the environment - so it's "strength" is all about that connectedness. In this light, "resistance" is disconnection and ultimately, results in a failure to thrive and survive.

PS. How about a Wellness Virus? A contagious bug that makes people super-healthy? A biological equal and opposite reaction?

edit on 25/2/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

A wellness virus would be fantastic right about now.
I have been sick as well (flu suspected).

II attributed 'catching' it to stress, not eating well and being around so many different people during that time.

I will be happy when it goes on its merry way, the sun is shining and this sux.

Hope you feel better soon

edit on 25-2-2017 by TNMockingbird because: misspelling a three letter word is awkward

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

The immune system is intimately connected with and responsive to the environment - so it's "strength" is all about that connectedness. In this light, "resistance" is disconnection and ultimately, a failure to thrive and survive.

Imo, it goes 'deeper' than that. If your 'eye' is single, the whole body is full of 'light'.

Doesn't matter what you are exposed to, then. I mean ultimately we all grow old get sick and die...

...sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

we all grow old get sick and die...

...sorry about that.

lol

But again, how about a Wellness Virus? A contagious bug that makes people super-healthy? An equal and opposite biological reaction, linked to Newton's 3rd law?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Given that I've got one of those "unwellness" bugs... I could definitely get behind a wellness bug.

Given the advances in medical tech that have come 'round in even my lifetime, it wouldn't shock me too terribly much if something of the sort came about...

But, yeah, a wellness bug would be cool.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Relax, I'm one of the good guys...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Some viruses actually can kill cancer. Some viruses can kill bacteria and clean up an infection. Actually the majority of viruses are either neutral or beneficial to humans. We evolved with them. A common cold can kill cancer cells in your body.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: seagull

Relax, I'm one of the good guys...

Kind of looks like a syringe used to inject a shot...with landing legs.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

“Your old kind father, whose frank heart gave all—
O, that way madness lies; let me shun that;
No more of that”
-William Shakespeare, King Lear

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Some viruses actually can kill cancer. Some viruses can kill bacteria and clean up an infection. Actually the majority of viruses are either neutral or beneficial to humans. We evolved with them. A common cold can kill cancer cells in your body.

Cool. Mostly true and common knowledge but about that bit about "A common cold can kill cancer cells in your body" - any links? References?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I think one day (long after most of us are gone) they will find, in the most unlikely place, the ultimate cure for everything. It will be a way to endlessly eliminate dead, dying, or damaged human cells and replace them, and with cells impervious to whatever caused their demise. Literally virtual immortality.

Of course, what to do with this kind of discovery will then be the imperative.

edit on 25-2-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Oh, good, does this mean I'll feel better soon, doc??

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We already use viruses right now to deliver various forms of medicines and medical treatments.

We will continue to use them as they are perfect for many activities and transportation since they can be reprogrammed and reconfigured as well.

And as for a wellness virus, maybe not a virus but a bacteria, probotics are basically just the " wellness bug " that you are speaking of.

While still being researched and understood I have had a very long relationship with them as I have digestive disorders that before I was ignorant towards probotics and thought it was only in yogurt and it just helped you poop.

I quickly found out that our gut is the powerhouse in which our body gets everything from immune boosts to mood changes to vitamin production and much more.

Protect your GUT and treat it right and it will in turn give you a much happier life.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

... our gut is the powerhouse in which our body gets everything from immune boosts to mood changes to vitamin production and much more.

Protect your GUT and treat it right and it will in turn give you a much happier life.

Very true. 'Tis the "Second Brain," a key part of the immune system and integral part of the nervous system.

But I still like the idea of a contagious 'Wellness Virus' that might go pandemic and make everyone nice again. For starters.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I find the less people I'm around the better I feel.

Physically and mentally

The wife retired from the US school system where cold season was from September till June.

Much better now outdoors all the time and no kids.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

www.philly.com...

www.reuters.com...

rense.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

There are lots of them. I learned of this about five or six years ago. Next time you get a cold, be happy.

Also, did you know that there are many people who have never had a common cold, I was shocked that two thirds of the population of this country can't catch a plain old cold. I guess I feel sorry for those people now.
I am presently getting a cancer treatment, I have a plain old pesty cold. The wife also has a cold.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Futurama parasites lost lol maby one day

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks!
Always good to post references! Here are a couple more "scientific" and current ones:

2016. Clinical development of reovirus for cancer therapy: An oncolytic virus with immune-mediated antitumor activity

...Early clinical trials have shown a safe and tolerable toxicity profile of reovirus with a predictable NARA response, minimal viral shedding, and localization, replication, and cytotoxic effects in pathologic specimens consistent with activity. Phase II and III trials involving reovirus have demonstrated promising results of clinical efficacy and reinforce its potential as an anticancer agent. Future trials will likely take advantage of its excellent toxicity profile in combination therapies for synergistic tumor cell killing.

2014. Reovirus in cancer therapy: an evidence-based review

...Importantly, reovirus has been shown to be effective as a monotherapy, as well as in combination with other anticancer options, including radiation and chemotherapeutic agents, such as gemcitabine, docetaxel, paclitaxel, and carboplatin. ...Based on the evidence from clinical trials, we comprehensively review the use of reovirus as an anticancer agent, acknowledge key obstacles, and suggest future directions to ultimately potentiate the efficacy of reovirus oncotherapy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join