It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Plans to attack recreational marijuana.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The Whitehouse press secretary Sean Spicer was asked about the trump administrations plans for addressing marijuana legalization. He said they would not be going after medical marijuana, but...

"I do believe we will see a greater enforcement of federal laws against recreational marijuana use."

youtu.be...

States rights my @$$....

It's funny how States rights only seem to matter when it's guns or finding ways to limit abortions...

The people pretending that states rights are sacred, couldn't actually care less about states rights, or what's best for the American people...

My guess is big pharmacy has been making some high dollar donations to both the trump and Sessions political fund...

What better way to stop people from voting against you than give them all felonies for pot...

edit on 25-2-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
While I don't doubt the source, my gut tells me this is posturing, and we won't see any change on this subject.

I've been wrong before, but not often

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
While I don't doubt the source, my gut tells me this is posturing, and we won't see any change on this subject.

I've been wrong before, but not often

I don't know...

Jeff sessions has always been vehemently against weed and trump only picked ultra partisan hacks rather than "the best guy for the job" type people.

So even if trump is a moderate centrist at heat, he would have to work really hard to babysit his appointments.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I have my medical card in AZ. I went to the dispensary today....my normal one. I have epilepsy, so my adult daughter drove me to get my medicine. The entrance or drive to the store front was blocked by two cop SUVs. As they were just parked there, I had my daughter drop me off and I asked them if I could go to the dispensary. That cop looked at me with a smirk and stated, "OH! There's a dispensary there? I didn't know that! knock yourself out! " He was laughing at me the entire time.
I go in, make my order....then in comes one of the employees: "Is there a (Cornczech) here?" They want to talk to you outside...."(Cornczech?) I have a name that probably nobody but 10 people in the state have....wait...it's kind of hispanic....so maybe 20.....in all the state......
I go outside as they prepare my order.....and there is a cop talking with the manager of the dispensary...the cop is aggressive and also smirking at the people leaving the dispensary.......and I say..."HEY! Ya'll wanted to talk to me"...the cops states...Oh...suite 150? Wrong place...and starts to laugh.
At the end of this horrible experience, I told my bud tender I would be HAPPY to add my complaint to theirs with regard to the police harassment towards the dispensary... I was TOTALLY harassed by these cops for something I am doing LEGALLY....right? It IS legal, right?
So, the cops followed my daughter and I out of the parking lot and my stomach hurt the whole rest of the day.......

My point to this kind of "story"?
I voted Trump....I am with Trump on a lot of things.....but I have epilepsy......have for years....and MJ helps me.....
and I totally believe that the FEDS are going to try and stop medical and recreational MJ......especially after my experience yesterday in Mesa.....

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yah, reminding everyone the only real recreational drug is alcohol.

This message was brought to you by the liquor conglomerate.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It is as you say.
States rights only matter depending on which side of the argument you side with.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

I think that might be part of the danger of trump...

He has an amazing ability for everyone (myself included) to feel like trump wants what you want. No matter what those things are.

The moderates all think he is a moderate, the left thinks he is sectetly left and the right thinks he is hard core conservative...

So I'm sure people will feel emboldened to push their personal agendas.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

What better way to stop people from voting against you than give them all felonies for pot...

Spoiler alert!

Myself and 90% of real life Trump supporters I know are all potheads.

State legislated Recreational marijuana is not going away.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Spoiler alert!

The White House press secretary himself just said it, not me lol.. that's right...literally the presidents offical spokesman...

90% of trump supporters don't smoke pot.. the real number is prob about 20%... and I bet the left is about 40%..

I'll see if anyone has tried to do a study..that's kinda interesting.

I agree a big chunk of trump people are pot smokers, but trumps whole cabinets is anti weed and I doubt trump actually cares because he doesn't even drink booze.

Also trump won because of getting 85% of the evangelical vote, not by getting 85% of the pothead vote. The evangelical base is also strongly anti pot.

I hope your right, but all evidence points the contrary... espeacially since they just specifically said they were going to...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

"As Republicans are much less likely than Democrats to think marijuana use should be legal (21% versus 36%), it stands to reason that Republicans would be less likely to have tried marijuana. According to the poll, about the same percentage of Republicans (33%) and Democrats (31%) have experimented with the drug. The numbers are more in line with expectations when categorized by ideology. Conservatives are much less likely (27%) to have tried marijuana than are liberals (46%) or moderates (36%).

*Results based on a telephone interviews with 1,000 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted Sept. 23-26, 1999. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3%."

From Gallup and not specifically about the trump run, but..

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

There are already two threads about this that have gone into much longer, much more in depth discussions about the issue.

You're late. I'm surprised your thread remains open at all.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Spoiler alert!

I almost want all the pothead trump voters to lose this battle. Just so us pothead lib losers can say i told ya so. even if we all suffer. lol

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm all over the map on this one.

-I didn't vote for trump.

-While smoked bales of the stuff as a youngster/collegian, I do not use it or any other recreational drugs. I think government has a duty to at least tell people when a given substance is suspected of having long-term deleterious effects.

-I believe in states rights.

I suppose that when it comes to pharmaceuticals, I'm in favor of having a single, nationwide policy. But this not about pot as medicine, but rather as a recreational medium.

I would say that the ship has sailed on this one. Texas came within an inch of legalize MJ in its last legislative session, I think. It is probably too late for the feds to do anything effective to enforce (or first create) a unified federal policy. Congress would stop them, I think. While congress is pretty "do-nothing", that would change if voters were getting randomly harrassed, and state laws which had been allowed for several election cycles were suddenly contravened.

I suspect the Trump white house thinks it needs to 'strike a pose' against drug use as part of it's law-and-order rhetoric. I seriously doubt that Trump is able to expend the sustained, focused energy that reversing the policy would require. He will probably just bitch about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Medical marijuana was not properly respected protected nor regulated....in the past.....this was a big part of why people dont think of it as a medicine.

I do not believe Trump wishes to punish sick Americans...he wishes to accomodate and help them.....IMHO the old days of Federal law enforcement wasting time and money focusing on Medical MJ groups and dispensaries...is over for good now....Medical MJ was constantly attacked by the USA Gov. on behalf of TPTB...... BEFORE TRUMP.....now this protection for TPTB and their big pharma fiscal arm is OVER ROVER.

The attempt by the PRE-TRUMP regime to normalise MJ to further degrade the American way of life is OVER.....there are probably 50 million Americans who now use pharmacuticals to medicate when MJ would be a better option and these people will be saved from poisoned pharm con-jobs which addict them to alchemic concoctions,they will be saved from damage and death and addiction by switching to MJ, and there are 50 million more who self medicate with MJ not realising what it is doing for them who will soon not be covertly forced to be criminals because there will be tangible protected reasonable support for the Medical MJ .That is 100 million Americans removed from the PRE-TRUMP PTBs manipulation playlist.

The fiscal arms of the old powers that WERE....are being remediated one by one by one....this move by Trump will also CRIPPLE the Prison Industry which has used MJ drug laws to tacticlly criminalise and hobble MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS upon millions OF GOOD SOLID AMERICANS WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERED ACESS TO PROPERLY FEDERALLY REGULATED MJ AS MEDICINE......in the past this has generated TRILLIONS of dollars for the old powers that WERE.

America NEEDS those men and women working productive and proud....not criminlised unemployed and ashamed.....America is being readied for PRODUCTIVE WORK AGAIN....and America needs n equal number of people to COME OFF THE POISONED BIG PHARMA so caled anti-psycotic DRUGS which are tripping out Americans and hugely contributing to killings crime and mass murders.... which contributes to a National Sate of fear and played into the agendas of the old powers that WERE.

The NewUSA is going to earn its title of World Leader once gain ....the good clean olde fshioned way...through HONESTY hard work and commitment and Patriotism......the same way they did it when Kennedy was leading......but first the house needs to be cleaned....and IMHO we are seeing this happen right now.

edit on 25-2-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Medical marijuana was not properly respected protected nor regulated....in the past.....this was a big part of why people dont think of it as a medicine.

I do not believe Trump wishes to punish sick Americans...he wishes to accomodate and help them.....IMHO the old days of Federal law enforcement wasting time and money focusing on Medical MJ groups and dispensaries...is over for good now....Medical MJ was constantly attacked by the USA Gov. on behalf of TPTB...... BEFORE TRUMP.....now this protection for TPTB and their big pharma fiscal arm is OVER ROVER.

The attempt by the PRE-TRUMP regime to normalise MJ to further degrade the American way of life is OVER.....there are probably 50 million Americans who now use pharmacuticals to medicate when MJ would be a better option and these people will be saved from poisoned pharm con-jobs which addict them to alchemic concoctions,they will be saved from damage and death and addiction by switching to MJ, and there are 50 million more who self medicate with MJ not realising what it is doing for them who will soon not be covertly forced to be criminals because there will be tangible protected reasonable support for the Medical MJ .That is 100 million Americans removed from the PRE-TRUMP PTBs manipulation playlist.

The fiscal arms of the old powers that WERE....are being remediated one by one by one....this move by Trump will also CRIPPLE the Prison Industry which has used MJ drug laws to tacticlly criminalise and hobble MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS upon millions OF GOOD SOLID AMERICANS WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFFERED ACESS TO PROPERLY FEDERALLY REGULATED MJ AS MEDICINE......in the past this has generated TRILLIONS of dollars for the old powers that WERE.

America NEEDS those men and women working productive and proud....not criminlised unemployed and ashamed.....America is being readied for PRODUCTIVE WORK AGAIN....and America needs n equal number of people to COME OFF THE POISONED BIG PHARMA so caled anti-psycotic DRUGS which are tripping out Americans and hugely contributing to killings crime and mass murders.... which contributes to a National Sate of fear and played into the agendas of the old powers that WERE.

The NewUSA is going to earn its title of World Leader once gain ....the good clean olde fshioned way...through HONESTY hard work and commitment and Patriotism......the same way they did it when Kennedy was leading......but first the house needs to be cleaned....and IMHO we are seeing this happen right now.

Then why did trumps official spokesman say exactly the opposite??

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Posted already in the same forum, here.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Already posted, Please direct your comments to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join