It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration to begin to accept bids on border wall.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

how does the wall stop the folks coming in on those fancy airplanes?

It doesn't. Who said The Wall is all that will be done? It is but one facet of the solution.

Liberals said "Trump will never build The Wall". It's looking like liberals are wrong yet again. Why should we even listen to anything they say at this point? It's just going to be wrong.

I am an independent, and I have voted for both parties numerous times.

Drumpf also said mexico will pay for it, but you will pay for it. How do you feel about paying for something that everybody knows won't work?

The border patrol union says we need The Wall, that's why they heavily supported Trump. But hey, if liberals think it won't work, then it must be true, I'm sure they know more about the situation than border patrol agents. I have no problem paying for The Wall, it's peanuts, we spend FAR more on just food stamps, every year. The Wall will pay for itself quickly, even if we don't have Mexico reimburse us for it.

Please stop with the liberal talking points, I am not a liberal.

what does food stamps have to do with anything ?

You may claim you aren't a liberal, you sure seem like one. Illegals who have children here get food stamps. The less illegals, the less we have to pay in food stamps. The Wall doesn't cost much, it will save us money, on food stamps alone. Let alone education, health care, law enforcement etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

If you are a brick and mortar kind of guy there is probably some serious cash to be made.

If you can get him to pay you.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Illegals who have children here get food stamps.

Those children are citizens of America and has the right to receive aid from those programs.

The less illegals, the less we have to pay in food stamps.

Dream on the food stamp program is controlled by JP Morgan. As long as a bank controls that program they will make sure there people using that program.

The Wall doesn't cost much, it will save us money, on food stamps alone.

They don't know exactly how much it will but the estimates were many times higher than dimwit said it would cost. It will cost too much. It will not save money seeing how it has to be maintained and manned.
edit on 1270000002528America/ChicagoSat, 25 Feb 2017 20:03:25 -06002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Not only that it will save lives as well.

Some of these illegals are murderers as well.

They are the ones that Mexico doesn't want back.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It will not save money seeing how it has to be maintained and manned.

It's already manned. Ever been to the southern border? There's already border patrol there. They just can't be standing arms length from each other 24/7 to watch for waders, because there's not enough of them. At least with a wall, they can do their job more effectively with less people. A wall will save on border control costs.

Maintenance is minor. There's not a lot of moving parts on a wall.

Trump has a long record of projects coming in under schedule and under budget.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You may claim you aren't a liberal, you sure seem like one. Illegals who have children here get food stamps. The less illegals, the less we have to pay in food stamps. The Wall doesn't cost much, it will save us money, on food stamps alone. Let alone education, health care, law enforcement etc.

I am left of center, but please read my signature. I despise partisan politics, and propaganda. I will never belong to a political party, its creepy to me and I would never want to be put in a position where I have to defend the party line or be seen as disloyal.

I agree illegals are a problem, and I support deportation. My daughter is going to Ireland in July and we have talked about how she can't stay or she would be deported.

The thing is we already have a fence and a border patrol and the US has been deporting people at a rate of about 400,000 a year.

What bothers me is the lie that we have open borders and are soft on immigration. Its an insult to everyone who works on our border security. That lie is told of course so a candidate can use the oldest trick in the book, "look over there, its a threat you should be afraid of, and only I can fix it".

I consider the biggest threat to our way of life to be our national debt.

I'm sure you would agree that people from central and south america are smart enough to overcome such a clever obstacle as a wall, so why build it?

Its just a symbol designed to make you feel better. It won't work and it's going to cost a lot to build and maintain. Concrete is a terrible material for the job. I bet Trump will benefit financially from this. Did you know he is a builder?

The wall won't work any better than the existing fence and border patrol, you can fly over it with legal paperwork and just overstay, you can go under it, around it or pay to get smuggled through it.

So what to do ?

I think it is a motivation problem. A properly motivated person can accomplish a great deal. Even get around a wall !

1) Severe punishments for any business that employs illegals. I'm talking basically you lose the business after getting caught doing it a only a 2nd time. This would create a "self policing" effect where legals would vet any new employee on their own to make sure they don't lose their job !

2) No more anchor babies. You are only a citizen through birth if one of your parents is a full fledged citizen or both are permanent residents with green cards.

3) Make it really hard to wire money back to south. This is the flimsiest solution, illegals would just need a legal to do it, but I'm sure some smart folks could figure it out.

Take away the motivation, slow down the tide, save money.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

The thing is we already have a fence and a border patrol and the US has been deporting people at a rate of about 400,000 a year.

Not exactly. I have stood on the border near El Paso. It's a wide ditch with no wall, no fence, no anything. Just land, wide open and impossible to tell which country you're in except for the ditch they call the Rio Grand.

Some areas have a wall, others have a fence. But too many places have nothing. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and a border is only as secure as its most open section. The very fact that the things you say are true is evidence that we need more security along the border.

1) Severe punishments for any business that employs illegals. I'm talking basically you lose the business after getting caught doing it a only a 2nd time. This would create a "self policing" effect where legals would vet any new employee on their own to make sure they don't lose their job !

Losing the business would be horribly unfair to those with a vested stake but no direct daily input. Jail time for anyone who knowingly or negligently hires an illegal alien, or for anyone who allows such through managerial action or inaction would accomplish the same thing.

Forfeiture might work for sole proprietorships, but there's very few of those.

2) No more anchor babies. You are only a citizen through birth if one of your parents is a full fledged citizen or both are permanent residents with green cards.

Agreed! That is how the Constitution was interpreted for many years.

3) Make it really hard to wire money back to south. This is the flimsiest solution, illegals would just need a legal to do it, but I'm sure some smart folks could figure it out.

Those smart folks would still be guilty of money laundering. A little concentration towards that angle would go a long way.

Trump has already proposed this, and I am anxious to see how it can be implemented.

It seems we are in agreement on everything except the wall itself. And to be honest, I don't care about a wall per se. I just want the border secured so we don't have to deport hundreds of thousands a year while the illegal immigrant population keeps exploding. If it takes a wall, it takes a wall. Stand on the right areas along the border like I did, and I have a feeling your views on that might change.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
He'll just pass it off as an "infrastructure project", and use convicts from all those private prisons that are going to spring up everywhere because the DOJ chose to go back to using them.

This thing could become very ugly on so many levels.

...And a lot of you who think this is so "dandy" are going to regret being so naive...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Border Security Theater is all the talk of the wall is and all the wall itself will ever amount to if it is built.

It's just an act to get people behind it to support the building of it and to help pay for something that isn't needed and is just kinda silly.

It's gonna cost a lot, and the resources to build it will be wasted when the dip-#s realize they can't afford to maintain it.

Lots of belligerent people in this country, if the wall is built, make sure they're to the south of it before it's completed...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join