It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration to begin to accept bids on border wall.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Will these bids be available for public review? Or will they be reviewed and accepted behind closed doors? As pointed out above, Trump has a nasty reputation of screwing contractors so look out.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
At 30 Billion the wall will pay for itself in the first quarter it's complete.

Illegals Cost Breakdown

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Why obsess over building a wall when underground tunnels are at play as well?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Not enough Iraqis.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just think in the future some guy or lady (giggle) will TEAR DOWN THAT WALL.

haha it'll be used as political position

aww the ebb and flow of humans

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I really am starting to believe that the major problem so many have with Trump is that he is doing the things he promised to do... and it's making the 'normal' politicians look bad by comparison.

a reply to: lostbook

I am assuming they will have ultrasonic sounders along the wall. That's old tech. A sounder can detect a tunnel barely large enough to crawl through from a mile away.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't have a problem with Trump. I have a problem with round 2 of deficits don't matter. Then the round 2 of we are going to fall because the debt is too high will come up again. Then round 2 of more tax cuts for rich, more cuts to social programs, more trickle down and gambling of tax payer money. Contractors get paid on the job, not years down the road. I thought we were getting something new.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
We have pot holes turning into sinkholes all over the nw roads. But we need to spend our money on a beautiful wall so that the Trump progeny can live forever with fame.

Isn't that a state problem? Maybe advocate your state reps to use state money for state projects? Instead, your state spends money on useless projects because if they don't spend the entire budget, they lose their budget, instead of allowing the unspent budget to roll over to next years budget. Crappy system but I didn't write the rules.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I live in Idaho. We have a surplus and they want to "save" it. That means someone other than private citizens will get it. Like the feds for a beautiful wall.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NiteNGale2

It benefits the nation and so it will be done by tax payer dollars. By your logic we would be able to personally withhold from anything we don't like from welfare to military spending.
edit on 25-2-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Darn Trump is truly following up on this campaign promises, this president keeps surprising me more and more.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

If you're referring to the cost of building the wall, that cost needs to be balanced against the cost of not building the wall. As it is, the cost to just support illegal immigration is many times the cost of the wall, and while the wall is a one-time cost, illegal immigration costs are ongoing.

Think of it this way: you have a gas tank in front of your house to heat with in the winter. You notice that your gas isn't lasting as long as it used to. Instead of filling up the tank once a year, you are having to fill it up twice. You look and see it has a hole in the side. Now, you have two choices: fix/replace the tank, or do nothing. Your gas cost is an extra $1000 a year if you do nothing, and you know the leak is going to get worse, not better, as time goes on. A new tank costs $1500. So do you
    save the $500 dollar difference this year and hope for the best for next year, or

'blow' the $500 now and make sure you'll save $1000 (or more) next year and every year after that until the new tank gives out?
If you save the $500 now, you are taking a chance at not having any heat in the winter later on. By spending it now, you are actually saving money in the long run by making your heat work more efficiently.

The wall works the same way. Illegal immigration is costing the Federal government every year by requiring manpower to patrol borders that are wide open. Illegal immigrants take jobs from American citizens, for wages Americans can't afford to work for because of minimum wage laws and the fact that illegal immigrants can live like paupers for a short time and then walk back across the border taking their dollars with them. Illegal immigrants also allow employers to get away with unfair labor practices, because complaining means they get deported.

Some illegal immigrants go on to commit murder, rape, theft, or other felonies, and they are more difficult to catch because... they are illegal already!

Entitlement programs are subsidizing illegal immigrants as much if not more than American citizens, increasing the cost of entitlements.

The tank is leaking, and the leak is getting worse. The house is hard to heat, and the budget can't afford to keep filling it up. It's time to replace the tank, even if it requires a loan to do it now. We should have done it 30 years ago when it would have been easier to finance.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ah, here is the great divide. You believe illegals (Mexicans) cost us that much money. I don't. I lived in central Washington for about 15yrs. When it was just farmers hiring them, no one complained and they spend a lot of money in the small towns. When the busting of unions started, hiring Mexicans became easier for contractors. Like outsourcing to foreign workers and countries became a way of cheaper labor for white collar jobs. A wall is not going to fix our jobs and wages. Farmers will automate, like everyone else, that is if they have any markets to trade with. This will be such a waste of money, but like wars, no one will listen.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I know they cost us that much money.

I remember when all those"jobs Americans won't do" were done by Americans... like me and my friends. We picked crops and hauled hay, then when we got older we worked construction day jobs. We entered the normal job market with experience in working, not playing video games. Now the children have lost that. That's just one cost to society... there are many more.

You're right that fixing the border won't fix the economy... but it will allow us to fix the economy. What good are new manufacturing jobs if immigrants work them? No good for Americans. The border must be fixed, secured, or we do not have a country, any more than a person can have a safe home to store their possessions without walls.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
how does the wall stop the folks coming in on those fancy airplanes?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

It doesn't. Who said The Wall is all that will be done? It is but one facet of the solution.

Liberals said "Trump will never build The Wall". It's looking like liberals are wrong yet again. Why should we even listen to anything they say at this point? It's just going to be wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

It doesn't. Who said The Wall is all that will be done? It is but one facet of the solution.

Liberals said "Trump will never build The Wall". It's looking like liberals are wrong yet again. Why should we even listen to anything they say at this point? It's just going to be wrong.

I am an independent, and I have voted for both parties numerous times.

Drumpf also said mexico will pay for it, but you will pay for it. How do you feel about paying for something that everybody knows won't work?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Drumpf also said mexico will pay for it, but you will pay for it. How do you feel about paying for something that everybody knows won't work?

The border patrol union says we need The Wall, that's why they heavily supported Trump. But hey, if liberals think it won't work, then it must be true, I'm sure they know more about the situation than border patrol agents. I have no problem paying for The Wall, it's peanuts, we spend FAR more on just food stamps, every year. The Wall will pay for itself quickly, even if we don't have Mexico reimburse us for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The border patrol union says we need The Wall, that's why they heavily supported Trump. But hey, if liberals think it won't work, then it must be true, I'm sure they know more about the situation than border patrol agents. I have no problem paying for The Wall, it's peanuts, we spend FAR more on just food stamps, every year. The Wall will pay for itself quickly, even if we don't have Mexico reimburse us for it.

Please stop with the liberal talking points, I am not a liberal.

what does food stamps have to do with anything ?
edit on 25-2-2017 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join