It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration to begin to accept bids on border wall.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It seems as if the Trump administration will begin to solicit bids on the border wall on March 17th!
link

If you are a brick and mortar kind of guy there is probably some serious cash to be made.

Maybe all that chanting of "build the wall" will pay off after all!

edit on 25-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: correction

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
At least they're allowing bids. There was a time when Halliburton would have been given the bid exclusively. Loving this presidency even more every day.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Just build the wall with the bones of the dead Iraq's since 2003. Supply and demand.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Loving this presidency even more every day.
a reply to: rollanotherone

Me too it is refreshing to have a politician do what he says he is going to do.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Let those who wish to build - build. Let those who wish to withhold support withhold support. I have control over my money.

If I don't want my dollars going towards idiotic nationalistic fantasies, I'll not support those dumb ass fantasies. And, I'll also call it out when I see it. The short fingered Vulgarian is pushing the nationalistic envelope.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Well okay then.

Sounds a little morbid to me , but you might want to enter a bid for that.

The whole skull factor might look cool!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NiteNGale2

Well isn't that special! Dana Carvey Church lady!

Snowflakes gotta melt.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Having been a license contractor in California, it is great that this is happening. An open bid will and must be followed up on this one. I'm quite sure it will be. I'd like to say though, this bid has will have many loopholes in it. I'm not bidding on it, although I did have a Calif. real estate brokers license also, many, and I mean many "unknowns" will show up and cause a lot of problems if not written correctly. Trump knows this well and his attorneys do to. We all know about the subs and generals not getting paid for their work ( or at least that is what we have read) so if you are going to bid, please have 2 or 3 more contingency bids that would be legally binding at the Federal level of contract ,worked performed by your company. Just my 2 cents. This one bid is a TOUGH one from a real estate point of view also.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Having ran my own business for 20 plus years I couldn't agree with you more.

You always have to watch out for your bottom line.

Just send your bill to Mexico remember they are gonna pay for it!

edit on 25-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't remember any media and SJW frenzy when Bush signed the Secure Fence Act. Neither do I remember any issues stemming from this from Obama when he was in office, but all of a sudden the idea of protecting national borders is a big evil plan and must be stopped?

I also find it incredible that some states / cities openly defy both immigration laws and national security and pledge to accept illegal immigrants en masse. Is this not against federal law, you know, the sort of thing people get jailed for?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

It is like I posted in another thread:

when states start to enforce the Trump immigration policy the illegals will flee to those states that offer them sanctuary and increase their crime rate dramatically.

Maybe then they will think realistically.

edit on 25-2-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiteNGale2

Let those who wish to build - build. Let those who wish to withhold support withhold support. I have control over my money.

If I don't want my dollars going towards idiotic nationalistic fantasies, I'll not support those dumb ass fantasies. And, I'll also call it out when I see it. The short fingered Vulgarian is pushing the nationalistic envelope.

Sorry it don't work that way. If it did I would not have paid taxes for the last 8 years.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

On one hand, it's a tall, very sturdy fence/wall.

On the other, it's a massive multi-state project. Will they have multiple contractors or just one?

How would someone assess this without traveling down the entire proposed length, marking off every challenge and difficulty and engineering issue?

Am I just looking at this wrong? I will fully admit that I am not a contractor and have zero experience with this other than at my own home.

I'm guessing someone like Halliburton is going to be the best qualified for a project of this scale.

edit on 25-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Multiple awards are contemplated by mid-April for this effort. An option for additional miles may be included in each contract award.
a reply to: AboveBoard

It is written right in the proposal multiple awards for this effort.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Gotcha.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Quite simple to build really!

Not so simple to build.
Big Mac

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This country doesn't even keep up with maintenance on our highways is there a chance in hell they will for a wall.

Build the wall I don't really care, but all I am saying is PRIORITIZE.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NiteNGale2

well the thing about with holding your support / money, by this i suppose you mean taxes. if your not careful or don't go off grid completely. i'll be supporting you with my taxes. and i don't like supporting idiots.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We have pot holes turning into sinkholes all over the nw roads. But we need to spend our money on a beautiful wall so that the Trump progeny can live forever with fame.
edit on 25-2-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
I don't remember any media and SJW frenzy when Bush signed the Secure Fence Act.

I dont remember it ever actually getting build either........

Just had to point that out lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join