It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.T.F. Filled Secret Bank Account With Millions From Shadowy Cigarette Sales

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Working from an office suite behind a Burger King in southern Virginia, operatives used a web of shadowy cigarette sales to funnel tens of millions of dollars into a secret bank account. They weren’t known smugglers, but rather agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

NY Times

The operation, not authorized under Justice Department rules, gave agents an off-the-books way to finance undercover investigations and pay informants without the usual cumbersome paperwork and close oversight, according to court records and people close to the operation.

So here we have another government agency overstepping the rule of law. Conducting an unauthorized operation, for the purpose of lining their own pockets. Also as a means of avoiding governmental oversight, and red tape.

Doing the thing they were hired to stop. Another corrupt government agency! Anyone surprised by this?

Is it a requirement that you must be corrupt to work for the government, or does it just seem that way?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

i've said time and time again, term limits for congress. and even stricter measures for bureaucrats and administrators.
they are the ones that make life hell for people.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I couldn't agree more.

This whole story is pretty shady. Heads need to roll over this one.

Maybe the ATF has outlived its usefulness.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
DEA makes drug money to line their own pockets, why not the ATF with tobacco? Doesn't truly surprise me unfortunately. Look what the NSA abuses, exactly what they are supposed to be used for. I say erase all the alphabet agencies and start over from scratch. There needs to be a huge house cleaning in every government department I believe.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

No shock here.

Nda, fbi, cia, atf, dea, etc. If they must exist, no one person should be able to hold the same role twice, or for more then a few years.

As far as I'm concerned, all federal government should be staffed lie jury duty is.
It's the only way to keep corruption out.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
They wouldn't have to account for this money, a lot of it could have gone into the pockets of the people who set it up. I am sure the records could have been fudged, after all it was an illegal operation, one the ATF should have busted.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Get rid of the BATFE already.

Theres nothing they do that cant be done on the state level.

The federal government doesnt stop until theyre involved in EVERY ASPECT of our lives.

(post by Anthonyfedor removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneGrim

Back in the 80's they ran sting operations in Miami that netted big profits for the DEA groups. The DEA got to keep the exotic cars and go fast boats. Maybe the ATF is only guilty of a lack of originality?

(post by Rubydraper removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaneGrim
It is really sad news. But I am not sure whether this is true. I am arguing with my friend from "handmadewritings" and she says that it is impossible.
We need facts and more information.

Flipping spammer.

(post by Carter00 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
From Mena to Bogota to Tehran and a hundred lesser knowns, you have no idea.

Buck
edit on 15-5-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

your video doesn't appear to be available anymore

(post by Carolwright865 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

(post by Emmway removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by AnnBrown removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Police have killed regular men selling cigs. Must be a serious crime, unless a person is a government man.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join