It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PewDiePie calls out Mainstream Media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: six67seven

My apologies. The MSM is running amok and trying to take everybody/everything down with it as it falls into a dismal abyss.

He did something stupid, he made a gamble and paid the price

That's pretty much my opinion

Except he hasn't. He has gained more subscribers as a result of the MSM trying to censor him.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've been following this for a bit of time now. Pewds has been getting harassed for a while now it seems. Plus, the guy is a multi millionaire, he's going to draw the attention of some jealous people.
Sure love me some Pewds though.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

My apologies. The MSM is running amok and trying to take everybody/everything down with it as it falls into a dismal abyss.

Except he hasn't. He has gained more subscribers as a result of the MSM trying to censor him.

Yup. Damn near 54 million subs on his page. The highest in YouTube history. He makes some people a ton of money. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I just subscribed to his channel and I've only watched the video in the op and one other I just found..

MSM punished themselves. I wonder if they are also into bondage? Too bad propaganda is legel.

omg haha

Whoa I just watched another video the "top comment" has 125,000 likes... How the hell?
edit on 25-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Today's MSM should be ashamed of themselves for increasing the number of awards they give to each other. Looks like there's more than 30 of them now!

Source: gijn.org...

They just sit around inflating each others' egos at these award dinners. That's why Wolfman Blister was saying on CNN how thankful he was that when CNN wasn't let in to today's White House briefing.. many of the other news organizations left, to show solidarity.

Turds of a feather float together!
edit on 2/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Trump should invite him to the White House for the luls and triggers. Maybe give him an honorary seat in place of CNN at a briefing.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
PewDiePie's target audience is children.

Quora
It is reported that PewDiePie's subscriber base is mostly young teenagers between the ages of 13 and 16 and mostly male.

He's been making anti-Semitic remarks, swearing like a sailor and acting generally erratic for months now. As someone that watches a lot of YouTube gaming videos I'm fairly familiar with this guy. His words and actions haven't been age-appropriate for his audience.

I don't believe this is any kind of conspiracy by the MSM, he's getting all kinds of publicity from this story and YouTube hasn't deleted his channel or anything.

He's still making millions.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Just finished watching the video... that ending though is absolute gold, lmao.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That was a pretty fantastic video you posted. LOL!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
For those who aren't up to speed, Salon and WSJ did a big character assassination piece on Pewdiepie last week claiming that he was a fascist, and as a result he was dropped from a bunch of lucrative deals with Disney and YouTube.

Disney Severs Ties With YouTube Star PewDiePie After Anti-Semitic Posts

Basically they skimmed through hundreds of his videos and cherry picked examples where he made jokes or references to Nazis. Than, instead of confronting or even asking him about it, they went straight to his sponsors and shamed them into submission before the article even hit the press.

The irony is that one of the examples they used in their article was a clip taken out of context from a video he made specifically talking about the media taking peoples comments out of context. You can't even make this stuff up.

The funny part is that these are also the two media outlets that did same thing to Milo Yiannopoulos a few days ago. They are on a PC warpath against any pop-culture icons that aren't towing the line.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Not in that aspect, I mean because of the backlash

I mean I get the joke he did, I get the website he was messing with

But the context of what it was, surely he had to expect that sort of backlash

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Not in that aspect, I mean because of the backlash

I mean I get the joke he did, I get the website he was messing with

But the context of what it was, surely he had to expect that sort of backlash

The "backlash" only exists within the MSM, who is disconnected with millions of youth in America along side millions of other non-liberal agenda driven people. They can't keep making things up, trying to censor anyone who doesn't support the liberal agenda, or trying to shut down everyone they deem "offensive" due to their PC agenda driven bullcrap.

I'm not here trying to convince you of some right wing agenda, I'm just pointing out reality for what it is. I believe things are naturally working themselves out, and the MSM HATES it.

The point the OP is making is pretty well explained in a video already posted in this thread, but I will post it again in case some missed it. Understand one thing, there is a WHOLE OTHER perspective going on that is very real. One that does not involve the MSM or the "liberal" narrative.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
For those of you that don't know who Keemstar is he basically reports on YouTube and specifically the gaming community. He's part of this controversy as PewDiePie had the "death to Jews" guys subscribe to him:

This is a good quick commentary on the situation:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
double
edit on (2/25/1717 by PistolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

All of this revolving around something taken completely OUT OF CONTEXT.

This is what the MSM does, to support their OWN agenda. They do it DAILY.

The real point of this is, MILLIONS of people are sick of it! Even the gaming community, which does not consist of mindless Trump supporters, but they might be now! Thanks MSM!! Keep eating yourselves!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Pewdiepie has over 54 mil followers, most of which are probably teenagers. All these news outlets are doing by spreading this BS is red-pilling the younger generation on the reality of left-wing fake news.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I believe his erratic behavior is what got him dropped from Makers studio because they can't really control what goes on his channel and he's a potential liability. This last thing was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Look what happened to Paula Deen because she admitted to saying the "N-word' in a deposition 20 years prior. If you're a public person you have to be careful what you say.

For whatever reason I don't particularly like PewDiePie, I think he's irritating. So my opinion is probably biased. lol

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Pewdiepie has over 54 mil followers, most of which are probably teenagers. All these news outlets are doing by spreading this BS is red-pilling the younger generation on the reality of left-wing fake news.

Agreed. I think you speak from a standpoint of reality. Which the left-wing media has lost. There's really not much more to say on this, but you nailed it. Let them continue digging their own graves.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

These kids are more likely to get their news from Killer Keemstar and Faze Scarce than the Wall Street Journal. This is probably for their parents.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Brilliant! I'm starting to actually like this dude now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join