It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked GOP Obamacare replacement shrinks subsidies, Medicaid expansion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: AboveBoard

Have you ever ask yourself why to save the life of a human being has to cost 1 million dollars?

What that means 1 million dollars, that is what the corrupted insurance companies in conjunction with big pharma and the medical community prices for a life of a human being.

ObamaCare attempted to control costs by forcing physicians to take less money. The more experienced physicians simply stopped accepting Obamacare patients.

Here in the Chicago area for 2017, 72% of the physicians and 30% of the hospitals are not accepting patients if they have an Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare) health plan.

How do you "regulate" the human factor? If Dr. Welby doesn't want to treat you, or save your life, for 35% less money, what authority can force him to?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

ACA still kills people in the south, read my post.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's not the fault of the ACA, that's because those states deliberately left the Medicare gap in place... those state governments are deliberately denying health care to people in order to score political points.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is true and that is why you have non profit hospitals that works with the community to take those patients that have not financial means to pay for treatment.

Even when we have one major hospital (a monopoly)in my neck of the woods and is full of foreign doctors they take anybody that have needs while giving back to the city yearly.

No person is turned away for lack of no been able to afford a doctor, but that is because is the only hospital in town and a cancer center treatment in the last 2 years.

And you are right many of the local doctors offices only takes medicare patients and leave the Medicaid for the hospital to take in.

Private doctors are just that private and they can take anybody they want or not.

Still if they live in small towns like mine with a monopoly of a hospital they have not choice and they can not be too choosy if they want to keep their expensive offices.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No really I live in GA, GA opted out of the Medicaid expansion, but they did it because they have Peachtree for children, an insurance for children during the school, year if their family can not afford healthcare, also they have CHIP, so rather than to expand Medicaid they just expanded the CHIP that uses Medicaid and state taxes to cover more children, without getting into the full blown expansion, I mean over a 70% more children is a good thing.

Now yes Obamacare failed to regulate at federal level the insurance companies while allowing them to add the mandate, is the fault of those that approved the bill, leaving the regulation to the states that we know very well that insurance lobbyist are all over the political rats to turn a blind eye to those they can gouge on the mandate the working class.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

But that only helps children, the majority of the people who get serious illnesses and can't afford treatment are adults.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Of course it costs too much. I wish we could reset the entire system and remove the "middle man" from the equation (insurance companies), lower costs, and rebuild how healthcare in our country works from the ground up.

That doesn't help me now, however.

What am I supposed to do, though? I can't DIY a surgery in my garage, you know? It's not like I have a choice here.

Tell me, if I can't get affordable insurance, what am I supposed to do?

We are in the "working class." We pay taxes. We buy insurance. We struggle along with everyone else in our income class. We have to purchase insurance on our own - we don't get it through work as we are self-employed.

All I can do right now is pray. And lose sleep.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Depending the state you live in that is where the problems comes from, but I am sure that if the surgery that is necessary to safe life is already schedule I don't see why you should worry about been denied later on.

Is many resources that people can look into when they are in need, at least here in my neck of the woods is resources because we are one of the top ten with within poverty level and welfare and one of the highest states with uninsured problems due to the cost of insurance offered still under the Obamacare because lack of competition.

My friend and I just help in a big fund raising last week for the tornadoes that devastated the area, before that we did a fund raising for another friend that is in her second round of cancer treatment after 3 years, her cancer came back, this time to save money she had to get her treatment in another state due to the nature of the second round, and been a single mother with a small child she didn't have the funds to move without help, this week we had a health fair, we have something going on almost every week.

We use our passion, exercising and zumba to involve the community into getting involved to help others in need.

Thankfully the county I live in that is next to the major county where the main Hospital in the area just say no to annexing and now we won the right to let a new Hospital chain to built a regional hospital, so we have more competition.

Is many ways to get the community involved.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

so, while those that the gov't finds "disadvantaged" and worthy get their healthcare handed to them on a silver platter compliments of the taxpayers, it's okay that those who and seen as disadvantaged enough or unworthy by the gov't to be calling around, having "health fairs" trying to drum up the funds needed for those?
and you don't see any problem with this??

why should anyone who is so strapped and desparate that they have to go begging for charity, why should their families, have to accept paying taxes for anyone else to get the care they are begging charities for, through chips, or medicaid, heck why should they accept paying those taxes so that money can be handed over to hospitals for equipment, or to medical students to help them with training.

the gov't should never be in the picking and choosing business, choosing who is worthy of assistance, and who isn't, basing their judgements on inadequate income charts that tend to leave a large section of the population ( who are working, earning money, and paying taxes)... and when it comes to healthcare, they are picking who should be allowed to live, or should be allow to die, not to mention who should be allowed to be able to stay healthy and continue working, so they can pay those taxes.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It is not scheduled. It is contingent on factors outside my control medically speaking and when it does happen it will be sudden.

It could be this year or early next year. We won't know until the time comes. So I can't plan.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
here's the dirty secret about Medicaid... which seems likely will be the health-care, single source--, nation wide Provider when the ACA(Obamacare) is re-modeled

Medicaid has the right to place a Lien on your 'estate'... to collect all the monies used for your lifetime healthcare expenses upon your death... the State in which you live gets this money to compensate for all the monies spent keeping you alive under that medical AID program...
the Federal Govt involvement is only involved in the 'seed money' to get the State involved with citizens health resources

the Single Payer type of insurer was what was planned on in the 1st place, I am led to understand...but medical industry profits at every twist-&-turn was what Obamacare-ACA became concerned with...

I for this form of Nationalized health coverage
the rich can augment their Medicaid-ACA with private ins/coverage.....
well, so can non-rich people ->
IF they can pay for a specialized area of anticipated disease or whatever (that's where that DNA genome info becomes necessary)

just a heads-up --- on I don't know just how many States have that clause in their Medicaid provider contracts with the individual
edit on th28148806770925082017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I think they all have it. I don't see the problem with it either.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

YES. You are 100% correct about Medicaid's "Estate Recovery" provision.
From the horse's mouth: www.medicaid.gov...

But those with Medicaid Insurance usually have very little in assets to be recovered.

----------------------

Single-Payer is what President Obama wanted, and he had a MAJORITY in the House and Senate, but the Democrats wouldn't give it to him. I'm still not sure how that happened. Maybe Democrat leaders were dysfunctional then too.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Satire:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join