It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked GOP Obamacare replacement shrinks subsidies, Medicaid expansion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Politico claims they got ahold of a "draft" copy document that shows the Obama.Care repeal !!

The copies are even angled like somebody was in a big hurry to copy & leak the thing.

It apparently has some changes and whatnot.

We need to read it and comment directly to the politicians in Congress.

Looks like nobody will lose any insurance ?

Is this real or a fake leak ?

The pdf "draft" is on the Politico site.

Exclusive: Leaked GOP Obamacare replacement shrinks subsidies, Medicaid expansion

The replacement would be paid for by limiting tax breaks on generous health plans people get at work.

A draft House Republican repeal bill would dismantle the Obamacare subsidies and scrap its Medicaid expansion, according to a copy of the proposal obtained by POLITICO.

The legislation would take down the foundation of Obamacare, including the unpopular individual mandate, subsidies based on people’s income, and all of the law’s taxes. It would significantly roll back Medicaid spending and give states money to create high risk pools for some people with pre-existing conditions. Some elements would be effective right away; others not until 2020.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't get what is the big deal about losing their insurance we all remember how the major insurance companies drop everybody in order to sell new policies at a higher price to those that had no need for the Obama crap.

The people claim that Obama crap save their life, really? because now the tax payer have to pay more to have them on extended Medicaid.

I am sick and tired to hear the entitlement class complaining for things that do no cost them a darn dime while we the working class have to pay for everything.

Obamacrap was that a piece of crap and the working class got slam for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Repeal the individual mandate, and I will voluntarily DROP my own insurance coverage. It is useless to me. I am my own doctor.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Until we see what the actual plan is, this info is irrelevant. I'm hoping subsidies are reduced though, as a working American, I'm Taxed Enough Already. I'm not wealthy enough to afford this big government thievery.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Leaks.. Drafts.. Unnamed sources... I can see where this is heading. Probably another Trump operation to sniff out leakers.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
People assume, wrongly, the insurance companies are the one's behind this. The problem with this is their "cut" is kinda marked out. They can't suddenly claim a 4000 percent profit on a policy and look good. Nope. Who's behind it? Medical Unions comprised of pharma, hospitals, pharma, doctors, pharma and of course every other person who calls "healthcare" their job.

Now, the way in which moron layperson asses this, "healthcare is expensive, I can't afford it all by myself, someone else should have to pay for it." Curiously, housing, car insurance, and just about every other thing on earth is expensive, but same said moron isn't shouting, "I want my neighbors to pay for my roof because, you know, it's too expensive."

The Union of medical professionals have done a stellar job of making themselves out as the victims, poor professionals just look to help people live better lives. Killing, admittedly, 250,000 people a year, addicting millions to anti depressants and pain killers makes them criminals who happen to occasionally not screw things up enough to do some good.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Exactly, sounds alot like Harry Reids imaginary source that told him Romney didn't pay his taxes.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We'll see. Twice this week Hannity had on members from Congress on his radio show, and I think once on TV. On radio it was freedom caucus members, and some party leadership. They all said there was no plan in the works to repeal Obamacare, but they were going to make a few changes to the existing law. When they explained reworking it, they all said the subsidies were remaining.

It looks like this bill is just an early draft, so I assume that means it's going to be more ideological with the intent being to "compromise" and make it more practical before it goes up for a vote.

It could also be a fake bill, meant to take media attention while a more moderate bill slips past quietly.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As I posted earlier today in the "Obamacare Repeal-Replace Saga" thread, this repeal-replace reconciliation draft is real.

REF: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The CEOs of America's top health insurance companies are meeting this coming Monday at the White House with President Trump and new HHS Secretary Price to discuss it, before the Senate begins converting it from a "draft" into final legislation.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Former Speaker of the House, JOHN BOEHNER says...

""When it comes to the Affordable Care Act, former House Speaker John Boehner eschews altogether the alliterative “repeal and replace” phrasing favored by his fellow Republicans.

The repeal-and-replace branding is mere “happy talk,” he said Thursday at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society conference in Orlando, Fla. “[Congressional Republicans are] going to fix Obamacare — I shouldn’t call it repeal and replace, because it’s not going to happen,” he said, according to Politico.

Any change to the existing ACA would likely be limited, Boehner said, since “Republicans never ever agree on health care.”"

Source: www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This are the same corrupted companies that brought us the mandate on the Obamacrap insurance and the ones that made the mess we have today.

Why the president have to get in bed with them, Obama did too, now Trump, I don't like it.

I am sure that the con artist already have their own draft.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
will they have to pass this one in order to see what`s in it? I`m sure the democrats will have no problem doing that since they passed the last one without reading it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I like Boehner, but Trump seems to be plodding right along on his agenda. I'm sure his administration will work with Republicans to repeal and replace Obamacare, the question is what kind of changes they will implement.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I like Boehner, but Trump seems to be plodding right along on his agenda. I'm sure his administration will work with Republicans to repeal and replace Obamacare, the question is what kind of changes they will implement.

From what I'm reading in our insurance industry publications, the most unhappy group will be people who make less than $16,000 a year. They will continue to get "free" Medicaid Insurance, paid for by everyone else. But, they will have far fewer doctors to choose from. That program will be gutted in 2020.

If the benefits that are now MANDATORY with ObamaCare plans, are made to be purchasable "options" instead, people in general will LOVE the ObamaCare replacement.

But, as always, lots of $$$ details still to work out.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

25% of the country makes $16,000 or less. That's a pretty big chunk of people to simply deny medical care to.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I don't get what is the big deal about losing their insurance we all remember how the major insurance companies drop everybody in order to sell new policies at a higher price to those that had no need for the Obama crap.

The people claim that Obama crap save their life, really? because now the tax payer have to pay more to have them on extended Medicaid.

I am sick and tired to hear the entitlement class complaining for things that do no cost them a darn dime while we the working class have to pay for everything.

Obamacrap was that a piece of crap and the working class got slam for it.

Sorry toots...but it can be done...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

If they can't get or afford the new option, some of them who are very sick face not being able to get cancer care or other treatment.

They are also concerned about the quality of the insurance. If lifetime caps for payout are reinstated, that could kill people who are very sick too.

For example: My son needs a life-saving surgery in the next year. It costs over a million dollars and has expensive follow-up care and medicines.

Right now we can get it done with zero anxiety. We have awesome health insurance.

Next year. Who the hell knows.

The fact that you don't understand why people are concerned means you are lucky. The question to ask yourself, is will you always be as lucky as you are now?
edit on 25-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

And actually sick people will not be able to afford the "options."

Be prepared for more rage than most have ever seen when people watch loved ones die because of this.

That is the reality. I'm so sad right now, and make no mistake, people who would have lived under the ACA will die without it.

The ACA is entirely fixable and costs for everyone could be reduced. If it wasn't such a partisan agenda behind the repeal, that is.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Have you ever ask yourself why to save the life of a human being has to cost 1 million dollars?

What that means 1 million dollars, that is what the corrupted insurance companies in conjunction with big pharma and the medical community prices for a life of a human being.

It should not be like that, it should never be like that.

That needs to be regulated, life should never come with a price tag, Obamacare did not regulated insurance companies it was not part of the bill, they left the states do that and insurance companies money runs rampant within states political rats.

Even today with Obamacare in my neck of the wood people still need to get funding for life saving treatment like cancer.

Every month we have fund raising activities to help the community with those that need extra funds for their medical needs.

So no Obamacare doesn't cover everybody and still is a sector off in communities that can not get insurance.

That is a fact depending in the state you are living, the kind of hospitals in your area and if they are for profits or non profits.

Also if the state did not took the Medicaid expansion of Obamacrap, most states have instate expansion for children, in my state with 128% poverty that would have been an increases in state taxes like no other state would have seen in a lifetime, that is the reality.

In my state is still a whooping 22 percent without insurance of any kind because they fall under the Obamacare radar, mostly adults Now Children in the state have the advantage of CHIP 75% now fall under the instate expansion but that was established in the state before Obamacare.

And NO I am no consider myself lucky, my insurance that my husband and I have before Obamacrap double up in price in two years with another increase for this year but so far been halted in congress, as my husband is a retire Marine and we fall under government subside insurance.

I am very much against what is been done to the nations citizens due to insurance companies, big pharma and the medical community dirty money running the show of who get to live or die due to them controlling the cost of health care.

Because they are still very much running the cost under Obamacrap

The only thing that came out of the Obamacare was the expansion of Medicaid to cover children in states that did the expanding and had not instate insurance for that, but like everything somebody else have to pay for it so somebody else can get a life saving treatment.

Yes I was in this board when the Obamacare was dissected and we know what was coming from it at least those of us that follow up what the insurance companies were plotting behind closes doors, like the mandate that screw up the working class that never had any need for insurance as they always had insurance.

I want reform but no if the president and those behind the reform are still in bed with insurance companies.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

people claim that Obama crap save their life, really?

Yes, really. The health crime industry bankrupts and kills millions of people a year.

Something had to be done and in spite of all it's flaws ACA is far better than what the Republicans wanted, which was to just let the medical industry continue to destroy peoples' lives forever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join