It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Boy Wins in First Round of Girls Wrestling Tournament

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: RedDragon

The correct viewpoint is for anyone taking anabolic steroids to not be allowed to compete against men or women. Like I said in my above post, MMA just learned this lesson the hard way.

Isn't that discriminatory that you want to limit people with a medical condition from what activities they would like to be a part of?

So let's make it fair for the 1% and unfair for the 99%. Remember as kids when you were told life isn't fair sometimes. I remember. Apparently most of society doesn't.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

The correct viewpoint is for anyone taking anabolic steroids to not be allowed to compete against men or women. Like I said in my above post, MMA just learned this lesson the hard way.

Isn't that discriminatory that you want to limit people with a medical condition from what activities they would like to be a part of?

So let's make it fair for the 1% and unfair for the 99%. Remember as kids when you were told life isn't fair sometimes. I remember. Apparently most of society doesn't.

I agree; let's change this silly Texas law so that Mack can compete against other boys.

It's a travesty that he has to wrestle girls because of a backwards law.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Kromlech

Nope, it doesn't. Great contribution to the discussion.

Perhaps you'll point out his statement that he is a lizard?

The doctors who say that he's a lizard?

The laws that recognize his lizardhood?

Failing that, you've posted a rather bizarre photo and a very succinct straw man argument.

SHE identifies as a "man," but her biology, genetics, DNA, AND birth certificate says/proves otherwise. And NOTHING can alter that.

The madness is ALL in her head.

You don't know that any of that is true, you're making suppostitions. YOu don't know anything about Mack's biology, genetics, DNA, endocrinal development, intersex status ... nothing.

You're making presumptions that are counter to your knowledge and medical science. I understand that this is your opinion, but there is no rational basis for it.

Tangential question ... why do you care? Have you been personally affected in this situation?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The thing is there is alteration of natural gender conditions......which is really not what this is even about anyway. You cant just that you are a man just because you take some shots ect. We have lost our minds if we don't call this bulls**t out. Some poster argue for it quite well only because they have had to and have thus augmented their common sense with a rich tapestry of bull stuff. Its about challenging things that are natural with the freek show.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I agree; let's change this silly Texas law so that Mack can compete against other boys.

It's a travesty it still won't be fair due to the advantage of the therapy.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Mack is not a boy. Going to take more than wishfull thinking, some shots and a fake arm. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Mack is not a boy. Going to take more than wishfull thinking, some shots and a fake arm. Sorry.

You're right. Mack is a transboy. Thanks for your opinion but that doesn't trump medical science, legal precedent, or anything else.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You're right. Mack is a transboy. Thanks for your opinion but that doesn't trump medical science, legal precedent, or anything else.

Its bullcrap medical science and legal political madness. And yes anything else.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Are you familiar with Mack's testosterone levels? What about his upper body strength, weight, bone density, muscular development, etc. Any information on any of that? No?

Then you don't know enough about the details of his therapy to make that analysis in terms of his competing with other boys.

The silly situation of him having to wrestle girls because of backward Texas laws and attitudes?

Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Are you familiar with Mack's testosterone levels? What about his upper body strength, weight, bone density, muscular development, etc. Any information on any of that? No?

Then you don't know enough about the details of his therapy to make that analysis in terms of his competing with other boys.

The silly situation of him having to wrestle girls because of backward Texas laws and attitudes?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Shouldn't be wrestling at all at this point.

link   

Its bullcrap medical science and legal political madness. And yes anything else.

Because you disagree with it?

Or do you even know what I'm referring to?

Are you just expressing your personal opinion having done nothing to educate yourself or understand?

Further, what are your qualifications to criticize the the science or the legality?

You need to give us something more than "Because I say so."

link   

Absolutely ridiculous.

In your opinion.

Tell us why.

Or is your answer also "Because I say so."

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous.

What is truly ridiculous is measuring Macks "boyhood" in terms of body strength, bone density ect and yet ignoring the fat that Mack was born with a vigina.
edit on 26-2-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous.

In your opinion.

Tell us why.

Because it doesn't make sense at all. There aren't rules or divisions that take this situation into account (apparently).

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous.

What is truly ridiculous is measuring Macks "boyhood" in terms of body strength, bone density ect and yet ignoring the fat that Mack was born with a vigina.

The only thing that is ridiculous is your judgement and lack of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous.

Are you saying he was born with a vagina or that he was born in Virginia? Kinda confusing.

Of course it's ridiculous ... those are concrete measures that might make an actual comparison in strength, agility, and athletic ability ... none of which seem to affect your belief.

Your view is that there are only two genders and those always match a person's birth sex exactly.

Your view has been proven multiple times to be insufficient to explain scientific and medical realities.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because I say so is your game here pal. Its even to this day in respected psychiatry that this Mack person suffers from a form of mental illness. Its all in the head......not the body parts although thats a good indicator.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
She should be stronger and faster than the girls through having natural testosterone levels and different ability to grow muscle.

To allow a transgender student to compete against girls is unfair to all the other girls playing sports, as it's an unfair advantage.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous.

In your opinion.

Tell us why.

Because it doesn't make sense at all. There aren't rules or divisions that take this situation into account (apparently).

If it doesn't make sense to you ... do some research. Find out at least a little bit about what it means to be trans, what the distinction between sex, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity is. Read what the medical professions have to say about the subject. Look at case law that says that trans folks should have the same rights as everyone else.

Then, having armed yourself with something besides blind belief, come back into any of these threads on the issue and ask questions rather than making pronouncements.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
She should be stronger and faster than the girls through having natural testosterone levels and different ability to grow muscle.

To allow a transgender student to compete against girls is unfair to all the other girls playing sports, as it's an unfair advantage.

I'd say let's make a transgender division but we would end up with 60+ ...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join