It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been doing some thinking. I'll accept transgender toilet rules on 1 condition.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

The rules are supposed to be enforced and we are supposed to put an end to personal attacks, name calling, etc. That applies to everyone. I would love to sit here telling people exactly what I think of their childish pathetic thoughtless rants but instead I have to engage in some civilized discourse and hope to resonate some level of understanding in a vacuum. Look at it this way, it could have been worse. I could have demanded a safe space, a pizza, and a therapy dog...

I asked a perfectly legitimate question that was completely missed by the reader then attacked for it.

This is a person who thinks its common sense to allow men in to a girls restroom and doesn't see how that could be a problem if that man happens to be a pedophile or a rapist. He completely missed the point that when a man walks in to a girls restroom he gets noticed now. But with the new rules no one will be allowed to say anything to him or stop him from entering, regardless of the clothes he is wearing which was brought in to the conversation for some unknown reason...
edit on 24-2-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fandancego

Well, how does one prove this? Will there be bathroom police guards on duty to inspect everyone's crotches who they deem questionable? How about an ID card or papers?

More GOP politicians have been arrested for sexual misconduct in bathrooms than trans people

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I do feel more comfortable if the other women in the restroom at least look somewhat like women.
If they're not totally women yet, I don't want to know. And don't care. They're safe.

The bearded guy, who started out as a woman, but still has to use the woman's restroom, is less comforting because now we're wondering what we're dealing with.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: fandancego
Men and women have different bodies. Men are perverts. Women are not. Women have two X chromosomes so no genetic mental disease. Men have one X chromosome so mental disease. So pervert men take advantage of transgender to do pervert things to women in women washrooms. That's not equality. That's fostering crime. So I do not accept men going into women washrooms unless they do a complete sex change.

You do realize that a modern day sex change does nothing to change the fact that the person still has XX or XY chromosomal expression? Our current medical knowledge and technology cannot change a person's sex chromosomes.
edit on 24-2-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For the love of a deity!

Why can't we just leave people be.

It's already illegal to assault people. Regardless of where you are.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

The rules are supposed to be enforced and we are supposed to put an end to personal attacks, name calling, etc. That applies to everyone. I would love to sit here telling people exactly what I think of their childish pathetic thoughtless rants but instead I have to engage in some civilized discourse and hope to resonate some level of understanding in a vacuum. Look at it this way, it could have been worse. I could have demanded a safe space, a pizza, and a therapy dog...

I asked a perfectly legitimate question that was completely missed by the reader then attacked for it.

This is a person who thinks its common sense to allow men in to a girls restroom and doesn't see how that could be a problem if that man happens to be a pedophile or a rapist. He completely missed the point that when a man walks in to a girls restroom he gets noticed now. But with the new rules no one will be allowed to say anything to him or stop him from entering, regardless of the clothes he is wearing which was brought in to the conversation for some unknown reason...

I fully understand what you are saying, but that is the fault of the male doing that. I actually have interacted with a few transgendered folks, it is not their MO.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Thats the thing. Everyone is basing their opinion on the idea that the trans people in question will always make an effort to look and dress like the gender they identify with. That is not the case. Both men and women can have no facial hair, short hair, and wear jeans and a t-shirt. So what is stopping a pedophile or a rapist in that exact outfit from just walking in to a girls restroom and being the predator he is? The only thing stopping him now is the fact that he would be stopped if he resembled a man in any way at all. But with the new rules people will be afraid to say anything for fear of being accused of a civil rights violation.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I fully understand what you are saying, but that is the fault of the male doing that. I actually have interacted with a few transgendered folks, it is not their MO.

I agree it is the fault of the male doing it. But the problem is there is no safeguard against someone exploiting the situation. I think we owe it to ourselves and each other to make the predators job as difficult as possible, not easier.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I identify as a naturalist and prefer to piss outside like ever other creature on this miserable planet. Why can't I just be accepted for what I am?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I do feel more comfortable if the other women in the restroom at least look somewhat like women.
If they're not totally women yet, I don't want to know. And don't care. They're safe.

The bearded guy, who started out as a woman, but still has to use the woman's restroom, is less comforting because now we're wondering what we're dealing with.

I understand this, and have no problem with Trans folks using the bathroom of those they identify with. My only issue with is what is being discussed, is HS locker rooms, haven't wrapped my mind around that one yet

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

From the article you linked to...

"But as Dan Avery of NewNowNext pointed out in late March, in all the entire history of the earth, more Republican lawmakers have been arrested for lewd conduct in bathrooms than trans people."

Dan Avery isn't firing on all cylinders, is he.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Are you serious right now? Most transgendered people dress as the sex they identify with. You are telling me a male who has all the characteristics of a male, clothings, dressing of a male, is going to claim to be a woman and be allowed entry into a woman's restroom, and then NOT be questioned (by other women) after he spends a great deal in that restroom for fear of a civil rights suit?

The transgendered woman is too busy being insecure about their identity so no doubt they will go straight to the stalls, which is what all women's bathrooms have. The transgendered male is going straight to the stalls in the men's room for obvious reasons. the suspicious transgendered woman who dresses, and looks like the stereotypical male will be standing outside the stalls, looking suspicious.

Sooo, again, what the hell are you talking about?

Ah god, debating this is ridiculous, the predator will just get his prey. He will not waste his time doing all this James Bond nonsense you speak of.
edit on 24-2-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yep. It's not the trans people we need to worry about. It's when the rules get changed , like the last time this was an issue, there's a few asshats that think it'll be fun to go into the women's restrooms as a form of protest. Just to cause trouble.

The people that are transitioning are kind of understanding of both genders, more than most, having lived in both gender identities.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't usually agree with swills but the Larry Craig scandal was very real.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Women's/girls locker rooms usually have curtains on the showers, although change areas are open.
They could just add some more private areas.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
How are you going to enforce it? Are you going to have a Penis Patrol at every bathroom in America?

Oops, left out the Vaginal Vanguard.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Tempter because: Addition

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: fandancego
I have already accepted gay marriage. The Bible says marriage is between 2 persons, not necessarily between a man and a woman. I'm cool with that.

Regarding transgender toilet rules, I'll accept on 1 condition. If a male transgender is to be allowed into a female washroom, then he can only be allowed in if he has changed body to female, as in the case of Jackie Evancho's transgender sister.

www.youtube.com...

Why should a transman be allowed in the women's restroom? And why would he change his body to female? He was assigned female at birth. Your OP is super confusing.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Super confusing? Keep reading and you will see it get super stupid.

link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Are you serious right now? Most transgendered people dress as the sex they identify with.

The transgendered woman is too busy being insecure about their identity so no doubt they will go straight to the stalls, which is what all women's bathrooms have. The transgendered male is going straight to the stalls in the men's room for obvious reasons. the suspicious transgendered woman who dresses, and looks like the stereotypical male will be standing outside the stalls, looking suspicious.

Sooo, again, what the hell are you talking about?

Ah god, debating this is ridiculous, the predator will just get his prey. He will not waste his time doing all this James Bond nonsense you speak of.

There is such a thing as unisex clothing, jeans, t-shirts, etc. And transgender people wear them just like everyone else. So identifying gender by clothing is a falsehood from the start.

You are telling me a male who has all the characteristics of a male, clothings, dressing of a male, is going to claim to be a woman and be allowed entry into a woman's restroom, and then NOT be questioned (by other women) after he spends a great deal in that restroom for fear of a civil rights suit?

Missed on all points. Clothing can be unisex, no gender. Trans people don't "claim" to be the opposite sex, they identify as the opposite sex. Big difference.

You seem to be burdened by the mistaken belief that the trans people in question will always act and dress the part. That is not the case. Which leaves open the possibility that a predator, who may or may not be identifying as the opposite sex, can take advantage of the situation.

And why is he spending a great deal of time in that restroom and how would anyone know that unless they too spent a great deal of time there?

link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I agree it is the fault of the male doing it. But the problem is there is no safeguard against someone exploiting the situation. I think we owe it to ourselves and each other to make the predators job as difficult as possible, not easier.

Most trans females are not going to be waving their junk around in the ladies room. They are ashamed of that portion of their anatomy for the most part. I am a straight hetero male, just have some friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join