It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Migrant Shelters Notice Spike in Deportees Coming from US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Apparently Mexico has shelters set up for people getting deported from the U.S.

One place claims there's been a recent increase in activity.

Must be because the U.S. is stepping up the deporting after catching people under deport court orders on the loose.

Seems to be a big problem for the deportees.

Mexican Migrant Shelters Notice Spike in Deportees Coming from US

REYNOSA, Mex. – Mexican migrant shelters are expecting a rise in the number of deportees following President Trump’s executive orders.

Senda De Vida Casa Del Migrante, a migrant shelter in Reynosa, is struggling to keep up with the tide of people deported from the U.S.

Hector Silva operates the respite center. He said the U.S. has deported around 60 to 80 people a day in the past weeks.

Silva said they received about 160 deportees on Thursday. He said many of them return distraught after being separated from their families still living in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

60 to 80 a day.

How many decades will it take at that rate?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
These stories are funyy, the same amount of illegals where deported in january and february 2016, than in 2017.

This is cheer leading propaganda as usual.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
These stories are funyy, the same amount of illegals where deported in january and february 2016, than in 2017.

This is cheer leading propaganda as usual.

Yep.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There is no spike. this is not news.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Auuuwwww so sorry, ummm buh bye..........we need to enforce our laws.
edit on 2 241224 1717 by WUNK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
There is no spike. this is not news.

Congratulations.

You debunked a Texas TV news station !!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Mexican migrant shelters are expecting a rise in the number of deportees following President Trump’s executive orders.

From your own source.

It boggles my mind how you still have an account when time after time you post blatantly misleading or outright false thread titles that your own #ing sources debunk.

Time to call the Texas Rangers !!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

To me, stories like this one and practically speaking, ALL the stories about illegals from Mexico fall under the umbrella of a single question.

The question isn't about Trump. It isn't about Obama. It isn't about farmers or welfare or racism or drugs.

The question is....

What the hell is wrong with Mexico?

I've posed this question before on this site..... but Mexico is not too different from the United States in raw ingredients. It's got a large land mass. It's got coast line and natural resources. It's got a population that are, in general, more similar than different.

So what the hell is wrong with Mexico? Why is everyone there so broke? Why is everyone trying to sneak into the nation to the North?

If the Mexican government, at the higher and hopefully more responsible levels, can't seem to reign in the problem brought about by the cartels.... then rather than b-tching and complaining about the U.S. deporting their citizens that break into the U.S. ..... then they should ask the U.S. for assistance in rooting out the cartels. To be candid... after decades of training "moderate-things" across oceans.... helping Mexico get into shape would be a relative snap.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Are you really serious? People from Mexico and Latin America come here for work, mainly. To make more money. Many send it back to their families.

You are really smarter than that to ask that question. I am dumbfounded you did.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Are you really serious? People from Mexico and Latin America come here for work, mainly. To make more money. Many send it back to their families.

You are really smarter than that to ask that question. I am dumbfounded you did.

Let me boil it down for you.

If people from Mexico (and I was specific about Mexico) are coming here to make money (which by and large they are).... why is there not the same opportunity in Mexico?

What is it Mexico lacks that the United States has? They have mines to mine, oil to drill for, land to raise livestock and to harvest. So.... please enlighten me. Since the nation of Mexico has all these things, the same basic elements that exist in the United States.... why is it a one-way street for people looking for work?

Is it corruption? If so, why is that never mentioned in the discussion about illegal aliens from Mexico? Further, if it is corruption, how is the United States absorbing any number of illegal aliens ever going to solve the underlying problem? Is it doing anything more than putting a Band-Aid deal with the symptom rather than deal with the disease?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It's simple economics dude.

Compare the economic situation in the US to Mexico. Our per capita GDP is something like four times higher than theirs. They have almost four times as many people, percentage wise, living in poverty as we do. The list goes on and on and on. In pretty much any category that matters the economy in the US smokes the economy of Mexico.

Combine that with a government that isn't super interested in trying to keep all these people in their country and there you go.

To put a finer point on it: the Mexican government doesn't really give enough of a crap about the people leaving their country to make the changes necessary to keep them there, nor does the country as a whole have the same level of opportunity that the US does because, again, economics. Yes, it has opportunities but it doesn't have the same level that the US does, or the same amount of money to be made, etc. Why doesn't the Mexican government care about changing that? That's a whole other thread.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Wow, you are trying to debate with them? I have a suspicion that they are impervious to logic. Good luck though, it should be good entertainment and their tears are very tasty.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The numbers sound about normal. For some strange reason I remember reading that December is usually mild in deporting people to Mexico. Probably because of the holidays and people having vacations. So yes, January and February would be higher than December.

They aren't lying, they are just twisting the evidence.
edit on 24-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Maybe they were asking why isn't Mexico as prosperous as the USA. Why don't they have the same job and earning opportunities as we do here in the states.

What is the difference?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Is it corruption?

it's the exchange rate from dollar to peso

1.00 = 19.91 pesos they send back to their folks.

granted they say that they don't send as much as they use to, last est i heard was it was down to 24 billion a year.

edit on 24-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join