It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is a good thing Russia and America are allies.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Russia has insane military. Second to none.

Su-35S fighter jets. MiG-35 fighter jets. Admiral Gorshkov frigates. T-14 tanks. BTR-82A tanks. Ka-52 attack helicopters. Mi-28N attack helicopters. S-400 air defence. Pantsir S2 air defence. Tu-22M3 bombers. Tu-160 bombers. Tu-95MS bombers. Tu-214R recon planes. Il-20M recon planes. Il-38N maritime patrol planes. Mi-26 transport helicopters. Il-76 transport planes. Il-78 refuel planes. AK-12 rifles. Kord machine guns. PKP machine guns. Kilo subs. Yasen subs. Borey subs. Su-34 strike jets. Su-30SM fighter jets. Su-25M3 attack jets. Kornet anti tank missiles.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fandancego
Russia has insane military. Second to none.

Su-35S fighter jets. MiG-35 fighter jets. Admiral Gorshkov frigates. T-14 tanks. BTR-82A tanks. Ka-52 attack helicopters. Mi-28N attack helicopters. S-400 air defence. Pantsir S2 air defence. Tu-22M3 bombers. Tu-160 bombers. Tu-95MS bombers. Tu-214R recon planes. Il-20M recon planes. Il-38N maritime patrol planes. Mi-26 transport helicopters. Il-76 transport planes. Il-78 refuel planes. AK-12 rifles. Kord machine guns. PKP machine guns. Kilo subs. Yasen subs. Borey subs. Su-34 strike jets. Su-30SM fighter jets. Su-25M3 attack jets. Kornet anti tank missiles.

We have 5xs the military of Russia..im not even sure Russia is number 2..

This is just the strangest thread lol
edit on 24-2-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fandancego

Hmmmm, another new super pro Russian account. And the same day as another, and an anti one too!

By the way, Russia only has one aircraft carrier and its had to limp to port a few months back.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hitler and Napoleon were crushed by Russia.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Cool, you know some history. While it is important the present is more relevant.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

America is not more powerful than Russia in the present. Equal at best.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

America is not more powerful than Russia in the present. Equal at best.

With your riveting post and massive amounts of evidence and sources I can't argue that. Haha. Where is the building all the news shills are in?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Oh no, Russia may be tougher than we thought!!

Putin is a rich man, but also a communist at heart. I can appreciate that some equals are more equal than others.

That's how the USSR has evolved.
edit on 24/2/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I think the US could take Russia, but that also depends who allies with who. Things will not happen in a vacuum.

But a straight up conventional war I'd put my money on the US. But defeating and holding are 2 very different thing.

Also Russia is a huge country, I want the US and Russia to be creators of a space system to get us to (back) moon and to mars and beyond.

Russia and the US have a lot more in common than they have in difference.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have to agree slightly, but only because in the last 8 years under Obama administration all the military secrets have been hacked without consequence.

Also price, China and Russia can build their tech for half the price.

I think the US could take Russia, but that also depends who allies with who. Things will not happen in a vacuum. But a straight up conventional war I'd put my money on the US. But defeating and holding are 2 very different thing. Also Russia is a huge country, I want the US and Russia to be creators of a space system to get us to (back) moon and to mars and beyond. Russia and the US have a lot more in common than they have in difference.

I laugh when I hear statements like this.

If the USA and Russia went to war NO ONE WINS

EDIT: The only war the USA will win would be economical.
edit on 24-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Wow, this looks like wwefan4's deleted pro Russian rant from earlier.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Don't under estimate the US or NATO, it is good for Russia to be friend's with the US as much as it is good for the US to be friend's with Russia for a number of different reason's and many of them are geopolitical in nature.

Vladivostoc is one instance were Russia has built a city over a chinese city for one thing and there are many in china whom would claim it is there's by right's.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.quora.com...
www.wsws.org...

Now you have to understand the Chinese mind, if they claim back one territory then they will set there sight's on another that they regard as rightfully there's.

So cosying up to China for russia is like making love to a partner whom is keeping a poison dagger behind there back.

I say this, Crimea is and always was part of Russia that dispute should not even be happening with the West and if there is any western power that could claim it rightly or wrongly then historically it would be the British as we kicked the IMPERIAL Russian army's arse in the Crimean war back in the 1800's (no biggy though as if it had been pushed we could never have taken Russia and both Hitler and Napolean both found that to there expense.
China though is something else, there army is HUGE and totally dwarf's the Current russian federation army, they may also be better soldiers though the Vietnamese sent them packing with a blood nose when they tried to annex Vietnam after the US - Vietnam war.

It is a good idea as if the EU can stop butting it's nose into Russia's affairs were Crimea is concerned (oil is the reason once again) then the US has no territorial argument's (Except perhaps the whole arctic continental shelf argument) with Russia and NATO could only stand to gain by having Russia as an ally not an adversary, Russia would also stand to gain as they could then keep there currently peaceful but strong pose to ward off any chinese expansion into there eastern territory's or chinese claim's on historic chinese territory's that now fall under Russian and former Soviet territory's domein.

Also the world NEED's peace not war.

Also you need to remember this.
The bulk of Russia's army are CONSCRIPT's, conscript's as any military analyst will tell you are inferior to professional soldiers and the usually kill ratio when conscript's come up against professional soldiers is about 8 to 1, this is because the conscript's probably don't really want to be in the army while the professional soldiers most certainly do and it is a career path for them.
en.wikipedia.org...

Most conscript's don't want to fight, most Professional soldiers are patriots whom WANT to do there duty for there country and often enjoy doing it.

Quality VS Quantity is the old argument but today there is the whole argument about soldiers becoming less relevant as technology moves further to the front of the battle front and it's qualitative element begins' to surpass that of the traditional soldier with the age of battle drone's looming ever closer.

edit on 24-2-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The onslaught of plants and trolls is real lately. Wonder what the big plan is...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Annoy us. Most of us see it as soon as we open these threads.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Oh good the Russian shills are coming back!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I'm perplexed as to why you put this much effort into replying to an obvious shill...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Oh no, Russia may be tougher than we thought!!

Putin is a rich man, but also a communist at heart. I can appreciate that some equals are more equal than others.

That's how the USSR has evolved.

Subtle and elegant I had to laugh.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Education.
Though it would require a lot more than I am capable of.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Another serial Troll thread with minimal thought and no basis in reality.

Ugh, what is ATS becoming?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Hitler and Napoleon were crushed by Russia.

Napoleon won more conflicts than he lost, hence the coalitions entering their sixth go around, Russia avoided major conflicts for the best part. The weather stopped Napoleon not the Russians, he occupied Moscow after all... Whilst the leaders fled for the Urals?

Smart move non the less.

WWII, I think the massive Allied bombing campaign was as powerful as the Russian war machine in terms of effect, considering they were disrupting the manufacturing of weapons, tanks etc. By 1944 Russia had already lost millions of soldiers that were highly ill-equipped... Let's not forget the mass of supplies and knowledge sent to Russia by the Allied nations.

It's cool Russia has a relatively up-to-date Army, Navy and Air Force, maybe next time it has a conflict it doesn't have horrendous losses but from what I see Russia has had problems with training and experience. All the toys in my the world doesn't fix that problem.

I don't mean to be offensive, just saying it as I see it.

Russia has more to prove for than boast for. After the Union collapsed the West may have got lazy but Russia became stalled. You're still on catch-up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join