It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrews8;- The new covenant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss
I get the feeling that you are not interested in understanding what I am saying.

No, I'm interested in understanding what the Bible is saying. That is the object of the exercise.
Your approach of drifting through a mist of ideas, picking up anything that suits your fancy, and backing them up with imaginary quotations and imaginary experiences, has no value for me.

I know what a Jesus would have said, and meant, because of experience/Knowledge.

"Would have said"! In other words, imagined quotations from an imagined Jesus. Your imagination has no value as an authority. I'm not interested.

If you don't, why are you talking to me?

I make a point of not talking to posters who go off-topic, as many trolls have complained in the past.
But you originally questioned something I said in the OP, so that was a legitimate discussion point.

Are we through? (At least until the next OP... *__- )

Yes, we are through, as far as I'm concerned.
And I warn you in advance that my standard policy will be unchanged in future threads. I will discuss the contents of the opening post, but I will not be drawn into other topics.

edit on 1-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
I don't think this relates to the topic of the thread, which is about interpreting the content of Hebrews ch8.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: namelesss

Thank you for your opinion
It's yours and you are welcome to it

Please stop preaching at me, I asked nicely

If you don't like the way that I answer your questions, stop asking them on a public forum, and to me in particular!
Are you threatening me Xtian?
Hahahahahahah!

Threatening you, you seem a little paranoid there buddy
Ease up on the holier than thou stuff

I have no questions for you, none at all

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I believe YHWH, The Holy Spirit and Christ, all being separate equal The One God
1+1+1=1
I believe you are wrong, what am I going to do
It's my choice not yours

My church and God doesn't demand anything off of me, I can choose any bible I want to read and I can fellowship with anyone I want, can you?
Knocking on doors to earn salvation, JWs are not very far removed from Catholics are they?

Oh wait, it's not demanded, just expected,

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

That misunderstanding of Knowledge has you rattling forth in it's quest down the wrong siding, and thus, you imagine that there is some 'source', falsely, because you do not understand the nature of Knowledge.
There is also understanding the knowledge you may be in possession of .Even being able to articulate it is not a given ...I can give you the plans on how to build a car but if you don't know (knowledge) the difference in the nuts and bolts of it all then you end up with something that may look like a car but does not run .

There is a big distinction between belief and faith .If there were not we would be using the same word to describe them both .

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
There is a big distinction between belief and faith .If there were not we would be using the same word to describe them both .

I have been saying that, and supporting it, all over this site. Perhaps you've missed that.
'Belief' and 'Faith' are opposites, one of vanity/ego, conditional, ill, the other unconditional, a Virtue of unconditional Love, transcendental! *__-

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Thank you for your opinion
It's yours and you are welcome to it

Please stop preaching at me, I asked nicely

If you don't like the way that I answer your questions, stop asking them on a public forum, and to me in particular!
Are you threatening me Xtian?
Hahahahahahah!

Threatening you, you seem a little paranoid there buddy

Perhaps you should reread your post?
The implication is there, perhaps due to your poor choice of words; "I asked nicely!" implies a 'threat' that 'next time' you won't be so 'nice'.
Can you see that?

I have no questions for you, none at all

Then our discussion is finished.
Have a good night... *__-

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
And I warn you in advance that my standard policy will be unchanged in future threads. I will discuss the contents of the opening post, but I will not be drawn into other topics.

I understand that I am talking to a Pharisee who would argue with Jesus himself.
My words are for those who have ears, feel free to ignore them, even if I respond to your OP, there are others who have the capacity to rationally discuss and understand.
Go back to your Godbook.
Have a nice night.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I will just leave this here www.hiddenmysteries.org...
books.google.co.uk... &sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=God%27s%20word%20omitted&f=false
Interesting read for some

edit on 2/3/2017 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/3/2017 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join