It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Free Painting Class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So...

I have to confess.. That even for me, the self-proclaimed professional mud slinger with hardly a stain on his shoes, is finding it increasingly difficult to partake in this circus show that is manifesting right before our very eyes.

At a glance, it seems like everybody is blind folded while holding a large brush with all 5 of their fingers, swiftly brushing and stroking, only to miss the canvas completely while thinking they are becoming the next Van Gogh, but ultimately only end up covered in their own paint. Not a good look.

Closer inspection reveals a different story. Nobody actually cares how the picture turns out as long as they get to play. It seems people are more concerned with checking off imaginary victory points and self vindication then the actual issues themselves.

..And just when I thought we were making some progress towards common grounds, holding hands singing kumbuya around the fire (which lasted a solid couple hours), a Picasso wannabe pops up and reminds everyone this is not how it's supposed to be and the hands you were just holding go back to their brushes... sad face, but not really

So now that you've got the picture (pun), I'd like to take this time to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and teach you a quick lesson in the fundamentals of painting.

I recommend standing in front of a mirror for this.

big·ot

ˈbiɡət/

noun

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

in·tol·er·ance

ˌinˈtäl(ə)rəns/

noun

unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

hy·poc·ri·sy

həˈpäkrəsē/

noun

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Sargon's law

Whenever an ideologue makes a character judgement about someone they are debating with, that character judgement is usually true about themselves.

A very quick and important lesson that needs to be understood by everyone. It seems I may have to brush up on some of my fundamentals as well.

So to conclude, if you can go through this class comfortably in front of a mirror, paint away.

And if you can't, repeat steps over and over until you can. If you are still having trouble, put the brush down and find a new hobby.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Lol clever. I'm imagining Bob Ross doing this rant. Do you look like Bob Ross?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lottawizdumb

Minus the hair, complexion, beard and ethnicity and maybe you could maybe make a comparison lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I notice it too, I'm fairly new but I've been lurking for awhile. People seem to be debating for the hell of it with no real intentions of solving anything. Do people even want to solve anything?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lottawizdumb

There are definitely people that do. Ironically enough I made this thread with a large brush, but this dynamic does exist and hopefully the quick "lesson" can enlighten some folks.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Those opposing ideologies...
They're birds now. Happy chirping birds.

new topics

top topics

join