It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thrust to weight Ratios and the f-35

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

They're testing systems already for the next fighter. Think F-35 systems, F-22 maneuverability, and stealth better than the B-21 rolled into one package.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And this next fighter could possibly be pca for which there is an AoA ongoing. If we want to play some guess work about it here i throw some ideas, it would be nice if any of you could rate them as cold, worm, hot...

1- Based on lessons from ESAV ...Link

2- At least one pca per b21 means at least 100 units

3- Not a dogfighter but it will have at least the Raptor´s agility in super cruise

4- AETP engines with substantial increase in electric generation for ..

5-...DEW weapon

6- About F111 sized

7- Insourmountable cost and therefore capped by congress in middle of development.....

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

You wouldn't freeze if you were outside last night.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You wouldn't freeze if you were outside last night.

Damn it, another show i missed!

I sometimes envy you guys for living near hot places...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I can't wait to get back to where it's warm. Six thousand plus in Arizona gets a bit nippy fast. Great views though.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Good trip!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

We'll be going back past Dyess on Monday morning. Hopefully we'll catch some bombers again. I always enjoy stopping at the truck stop when they're flying around.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It must be cool to watch these bones do their thing. If you could take a snapshot would be great to post it here.

Back to topic, maybe the AF is thinking to improve F35 instead of going to a full new design...www.nationaldefensemagazine.org...

“What I believe will happen is if we can increase the buy rate and continue to recapitalize our force with F-35s in the near term … then we can in the ‘20s look at that PCA,” he added. “We’ll be able to make a decision at that point where we’ll transition from [buying] more F-35s to a PCA, or we’ll transition to a different instantiation of the F-35” that is more advanced than the latest version.

The "rationale" of this is beyond me, pca´s mission is much different than the F35´s one. Smoke and mirrors?

edit on 25-2-2017 by Fastmover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If they do recapitalization, or even buy an upgraded F-35 it gives them more time to mature PCA technology and makes it less of a risk when it does go forward.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Wow! Thanks man, i missed these pics

About the article, i have your very same opinion, but it states clearly "OR", which to me means one thing (pca) or the other (super F35)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I got some good ones of a three ship flight of C-130s coming out of there the other day I haven't posted yet.

No, it's not going to be either or, it's going to be either we're going with some version of the F-35,or we're going with PCA at this time. If they go with the F-35, they'll push PCA back into the 2030s area to start the program.

edit on 2/25/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I see, the same rationale of B21 and the "2035 bomber"...

I for one would hate if they postpone PCA only to see it gets buried

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The only thing that will happen to PCA is that it goes from one platform to a weapons system, and instead of a single fighter we get multiple assets to do the job.

These would include potentially a stealthy loitering cruise missile, a new jammer that's potentially a QUARTZ spinoff, a VLRAAM, and more.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

PCA then is not a program, but an umbrella of several ones...?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Possibly. They haven't set the final requirements yet. Currently they're looking at a single airframe, but they're also investigating if a family of systems built around a possibly existing aircraft might work better.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Thanks, that makes me things clear

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How they can build a super F-35 ? this one is not a long range fighter and not a supercruiser , the job to modify the F-35 in to a air dominance Platform is enormous and the size of the Platform unable to make it a long range fighter , for me to replace the F-22 capacity another Platform is a need.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Not a long range fighter? It's combat radius is comparable or better than the F-18 and F-16, and isn't that much lower than the F-22. I don't know where you're getting the idea that it's an enormous job to turn it into an interdiction aircraft. It wouldn't be that hard to do.
edit on 2/25/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not interdiction , air dominance need surely a plane much more faster than the mach 1.6 of the F-35, futur J-20 or Pak Fa will be in the supercruise and mach 2 class , do you think it will be possible to push the f-35 in a mach 2 class ? I don't think so.

edit on 25-2-2017 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Interdiction or air dominance, it's most of the way there. It wouldn't be hard to go the rest of the way. Red Flag proved that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join