It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think it's time to take out North Korea once and for all

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The best way to deal with the DPRK is through negotiation. Return to the Clinton policy in regards to Korea, as opposed to the Bush/Obama policy which has backed them into a corner where they feel that continued proliferation of nuclear armaments is their only option to remain a sovereign state.

The North Koreans are more than willing to negotiate. As they demonstrated in the 1990s. It is Bush and Obama who have refused and instead gone for an ever increasing hardline stance against them.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Unfortunatly I agree and I am pretty anti war.

Bush #ed up going into Iraq.....he should of gone into North Korea.

Iraq= No WMD= no threat no USA

North Korea= WMDs+ bat# crazy dictator= threat to us all.

It shows Bush was more concerend with oil and money than protecting the USA.

I disagree. We should let China deal with North Korea. South Korea would prefer NK be left alone, they don't want reunification if NK is going to be an economic drain. China doesn't want the US to have more of a presence near them. Ultimately, NK is China's responsibility, they were the enabler, and strategically they're the ones who should clean up the mess.

All the US should do is maintain a policy of containment. Let China fix it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: crazyewok

There is only one country that can deal with NK and that's China , they choose not to for their own reasons but a preemptive attack on the DPRK by the West will lead to war with China , I'm more scared of that.

China wont do anything.

There treaty with North Korea now is as about as worthless as our treaty with Ukraine was.

China hate North Korea now. They wont start a world war over a country that is the world retard.

They don't hate them. They're just slightly irritated.

The DPRK's continued survival is far superior to the alternative in China's eyes. They have no interest, whatsoever, in bordering yet another Pro-American state, not to mention the billions a year worth of minerals trade they extract from the DPRK for pennies of the actual value would dry up.

They will continue to side with the DPRK unless they decide to out of the blue invade China itself. Which they won't.

They will give some symbolic objection to their actions, like supporting sanctions they have absolutely no intention of enforcing.

Is the NK and chinese treaties binding? As in they will come to their defense?

Because remember, its all a dominoe effect. If NK strikes, that drags several players into the field. That leaves china. If a provision was laid out that the international communities wanted the NK government overthrown, all without touching any chinese soil, would the chinese agree to that? Knowing that an international consensus is building to that degree? Or would they defend them? To fight, quiet literally, the world on this issue?

You see how complicated things get?

Factor this is, NK just assasinated a protected person of interest to the chinese...at a major asian airport. In other words, he is saying that he can strike anywhere with the most deadlist of substances. The issue here is the NK leadership, not its core peoples who of which will benefit from a liberation.

However, considering all the videos we have seen in NK, does a sizable populatiom exist that is completely brainwashed to the point that kim is a real diety? Things to consider.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Arnie123 because: Cleanup

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Whats your views on taking out Iran?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The North Koreans are more than willing to negotiate. As they demonstrated in the 1990s. It is Bush and Obama who have refused and instead gone for an ever increasing hardline stance against Them

Even Dennis Rodman said one of the things that lil Kim Un wanted was to talk to the president, whoever that might be. Refusing completely to talk is part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Let's take our two biggest boogie men. Iran. Surrounded by US Miltary bases. Non issue.

North Korea. insignificant. Even China doesn't like them. LOL

We have absolutely no reason to fear either of them.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Let's take our two biggest boogie men. Iran. Surrounded by US Miltary bases. Non issue.

Non issue as they sit back, arm all the terrorist groups in the region and continue their work on developing nuclear devices?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: crazyewok

There is only one country that can deal with NK and that's China , they choose not to for their own reasons but a preemptive attack on the DPRK by the West will lead to war with China , I'm more scared of that.

China wont do anything.

There treaty with North Korea now is as about as worthless as our treaty with Ukraine was.

China hate North Korea now. They wont start a world war over a country that is the world retard.

They don't hate them. They're just slightly irritated.

The DPRK's continued survival is far superior to the alternative in China's eyes. They have no interest, whatsoever, in bordering yet another Pro-American state, not to mention the billions a year worth of minerals trade they extract from the DPRK for pennies of the actual value would dry up.

They will continue to side with the DPRK unless they decide to out of the blue invade China itself. Which they won't.

They will give some symbolic objection to their actions, like supporting sanctions they have absolutely no intention of enforcing.

Is the NK and chinese treaties binding? As in they will come to their defense?

Because remember, its all a dominoe effect. If NK strikes, that drags several players into the field. That leaves china. If a provision was laid out that the international communities wanted the NK government overthrown, all without touching any chinese soil, would the chinese agree to that? Knowing that an international consensus is building to that degree? Or would they defend them? To fight, quiet literally, the world on this issue?

You see how complicated things get?

Factor this is, NK just assasinated a protected person of interest to the chinese...at a major asian airport. In other words, he is saying that he can strike anywhere with the most deadlist of substances. The issue here is the NK leadership, not its core peoples, who will benefit from a liberation.

However, considering all the videos we have seen in NK, does a sizable populatiom exist that is completely brainwashed to the point that kim is a real diety? Things to consider.

The treaty is indeed binding. It was renewed by the Chinese Legislature quite recently as well. It's a defensive treaty that stipulates China will defend the DPRK in the case of external aggression against them.

North Korea isn't going to attack anyone in any meaningful way, they have no intention of doing so. The most they will do are the occasional artillery/naval skirmishes that have been more or less constant since the 1950s.

The scenario is impossible, since North Korea will not attack anyone. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose from such a course of action. Their "aim", that is the Leadership, is to continue the survival of the current established order. The same as every other country. Any hostile military action on their part would run counter to this aim since there's the very real possibility they'd be overthrown.

Any resolution authorising military action against North Korea with the intention of the causing the downfall of the Workers' Party would not pass the security council, since China is a permanent of the security council. Obvious veto right there.

Nor would it pass the general assembly, since China controls the African vote needed to gain a majority.

North Korean spies have been assassinating people around the world for decades. This latest assassination was a message to the Chinese Leadership in response to...I forget exactly, but they were denied something.

China has already responded to this issue. They have symbolically sent 1,000 men to the North Korean border, they are not preparing for any additional action. Mostly because they don't really care. Kim Jong-nam would be more agreeable to their interests, but Kim Jong-un serves them adequately as it is.

Not to mention Kim Jong-un has been Leader for quite some time now and any change there would create uncertainty. China doesn't like uncertainty, especially not with people they do business with. Doubly so for states within their sphere of influence.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

They could worship Kim like the Japanese worshiped their emperor as a god,good point

Concerning the VX toxin used in the assination,it just seems to me to be real over kill and not needed when there are far easier options available to kill someone

IT was a terrible place to kill someone and get away with it as well,it just doesn't add up to me unless it was used to frame North Korea

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The US should take out Canada.

Never trusted those maple-leafy bastards.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Give them a warning by taking out a ship.

There is one ship we can use as a target for inert 500 pound GPS guided bombs.

That ship is the USS Pueblo (AGER-2).

Its a US ship and the US can take it out anytime.
en.wikipedia.org...(AGER-2)

A B-2 bomber can slip in on a dark and stormy night and punch 6 to 8 inert GPS guided bombs right down the center-line of the ship sinking it where it sets with little or no collateral damage.

I served under Commander Lloyd M. Bucher when he was chief of staff Operation Endsweep in 1973.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree we cannot trust them with the syrup supply... we must over throw them and install a puppet to get favorable deals on maple syrup.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I'm sure you have researched this to death, ignoring the CNN government party rhetoric and come to the deeper truth here. I'm sure, very sure, that you indeed want NK taken out for the reason the establishment wants them taken out: Their steadfast refusal, in fact total military obstinance , to pledging their assets (their people first) and their physical assets to the IMF in exchange for being allowed to borrow fiat money at interest.

Knowing your research led you to the conclusion many of us have known (syria has the same problem, Iran too) I ask you is there another way to get them to submit to the IMF without blowing up the very assets the IMF covets. If the IMF wants, or needs, the collateral of NK to add to their "borrowing basket" how does it make sense to blow up the assets? Iraq, while managing to kill arguably millions, didn't secure the assets as much as take them off market for a period of time. Of course loaning to repair is huge business but it seems the destruction is counterproductive.

History likes war, killing is good for business, but I find the IMF working against itself when it seeks to destroy the items they need to allow borrowing of fiat currency at interest. Isn't there a better way?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Non issue as they sit back, arm all the terrorist groups in the region and continue their work on developing nuclear devices?

But we're not really sitting back. We have spies in North Korea and Satellites trained on them. China doesn't want them to lose control because it would hurt China in the long run. Iran...again is surrounded by Us bases all over the region and infiltrated with Israeli spies. They really can't do much either. We also have to realize that the Iranian people by and large aren't the issue, they're just normal people like us with a terrible government.

Both of those countries are totally contained and spied on. They can't do anything.

You mentioned Terrorists, but all of those are coming out of Saudi Arabia.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2017 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Nuke the soil and take the oil, entire middle east region?
I hope this administration has the correct answers that will bring peace to the area, but I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Are you American?

The reason I ask is that it appears the Americans have a beef with the PRK, they have never threatened me or my family.

Of course, you could claim they threaten my way of life, but I would disagree. I believe there are darker forces that threaten my way of life. Do you believe Lil Kim really runs the country? The Chinese run the country and subsequently they are being controlled by the Elites, who have bankrolled China's economic progress.

They want a war, they are planting the seed, you are nurturing it and watching it grow into a beautiful war torn Rose.

Don't you know they are are an inbreeding mixture of illegal aliens and the bad as s sort of Muslims. They must be wiped off the face of earth

Thw world is about to go absolutely nuts

Keep on singing and dancing, it's always good to do both.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Whats your views on taking out Iran?

We need to take them out as well. We took out Saddam and now Iran thinks its tough chit because Saddam aint there anymore keeping them in check. I haven't forgotten that they built a USA Nuclear Powered Battleship without the Nuclear and used that as Target Practice to send us a Message. Obama in his fantasy land thought he ended Iran's Nuclear program without firing a single shot ha what a joke.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What terrorist groups would those be?

The only ones I see arming terrorists in the Middle East are America's good friends Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE.

You want Iran to stop developing nuclear weapons? Stop the baseless aggression against them. You could try to convince Israel to disarm as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Iran would be a wildly tougher nut to crack than Iraq was... could we fully rested and if nobody else intervened sure... are you going to go pull convoy duty when jihadist from all over the ME flood into Iran to kill the US troops...

I have buried enough brothers and sisters in the last 20 years, let just let them sit and rot in their region.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join