It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
These days MSM should report facts and daily happenings. If people want opinions, there are tons of them on youtube. In fact, these days people get most of their news on youtube and not from MSM.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Every single one of those liberal rags and media corporatists you mentioned have reported skewed, embellished, false, sourceless, misrepresented, and outright lies about Donald Trump. Every bit of their news about President Trump is followed by a negative opinion assassination of the man. They are fake news and worthy of our disdain, imo.

No most of them have actually told the truth. Donald Trump is an f'n scumbag, imo

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

LOL!! You must have been given the same meme as Maxine Waters....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

(post by BubbaJoe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have a question. Why is BBC banned? BBC is Britain's state owned media no?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Personally, I've formed my opinion that Mr. Trump is a liar simply by listening to his words.

For the most part, that's all CNN or any of these other outlets provide, clips of the President's words.

The man's own words prove him to be a liar ... if not incompetent to the office.

Some of you really really need to examine yourselves.

You are doing the exact thing AND WORSE that you accused some of us of for 8 years with Obama.

Listen to what you say ... the whole world is always wrong, and Mr. Trump (and his mouthpieces Fox, Breitbart, et. al.) is always right.

That borders on the irrational, if not the psychotic. Some of you I have respect for ... and I see you becoming little more than sycophants.

link   

originally posted by: fandancego
I have a question. Why is BBC banned? BBC is Britain's state owned media no?

The room's only so big and won't hold the entire journalistic community?

link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

LOL!! You must have been given the same meme as Maxine Waters....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may be an intelligent lady, but your unbridled support of trump makes you appear to be ignorant. The man or his staff can not tell the truth, and yeah the American public knows.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Every single one of those liberal rags and media corporatists you mentioned have reported skewed, embellished, false, sourceless, misrepresented, and outright lies about Donald Trump.

Really? please provide the lies they said? Not what TRUMP TOLD YOU were lies.......but actual lies......

They may be biased but playing his actual audio and video isnt false.,and if it IS, then wouldnt it be easy to debunk them with Truth? Whats the issue.......

Dissenting opinion should be celebrated and protected

very bit of their news about President Trump is followed by a negative opinion assassination of the man. They are fake news and worthy of our disdain, imo.

Just because someone doesnt AGREE with it , doesnt make it fake news

negative opinion doesnt=Lies

YOU made a statement in the post just before this one that Trump DID NOT call out any media by name, then you went on to tell me that you listen and watch everything he says and have since the beginning, so basically you were telling me that you KNOW he didnt do this.....

And yet I provided proof that he did.........

No offense queen but you arent coming off as objective here, you ignored the fact that I provided that proof and immediately launched into "Fake news Diatribe"

You illustrated EXACTLY what the problem is with this administration, when faced with facts to the contrary shutting down the argument by saying "fake news"
edit on 2/24/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/24/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

But I had a post removed for asking the same questions.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

These days MSM should report facts and daily happenings. If people want opinions, there are tons of them on youtube. In fact, these days people get most of their news on youtube and not from MSM.

Absolutely agree.........there was a time when it was that way

Unfortunately EVERY news network now is agenda , and narrative driven, instead of fact driven......

All of em, ABC, NBC, FOX News, CNN, Breitbart, SALON, you name it

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
With my post being removed, it will be interesting, I challenged her on the same stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Unfortunately EVERY news network now is agenda , and narrative driven, instead of fact driven......

Do you have a go-to news source? I don't anymore, i miss the good old days lol.
When I think about it, ATS is becoming my goto source. False narratives get debunked quickly.
edit on 24-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Do me a favor and read this opinion piece: thehill.com...

It sums up my perspective to a large degree.

When you read it, keep this question in mind: What constitutes a lie?

Then when you get down to the bottom of the article where it discusses REAL lies, maybe you and I can have a civil discussion.

I'll check back with you tomorrow. If you're inclined to read it, perhaps we can speak from a place of understanding each other's perspectives. Thanks, MBTM.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
With my post being removed, it will be interesting, I challenged her on the same stuff.

I understand Im not sure why it was removed

Heres the thing, I know that many of these supporters mean well, I know they want only good for the country, but they just arent being objective.

They have invested too much into their support of him, and admitting that anything he does is wrong feels like a betrayal of their dedication and in many instances over a year of carrying water for every mistake he made.

I get it, but the man is in office now, and its time to be vigilant, its time to stop the excuses, and he SHOULD be held under the microscope just like any other president.

I have applauded him for the things that hes done that I think were good moves, but equally I am going to scrutinize anything I feel is dangerous and we all should, the people who voted for him should THE MOST.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Do me a favor and read this opinion piece: thehill.com...

It sums up my perspective to a large degree.

When you read it, keep this question in mind: What constitutes a lie?

Then when you get down to the bottom of the article where it discusses REAL lies, maybe you and I can have a civil discussion.

I'll check back with you tomorrow. If you're inclined to read it, perhaps we can speak from a place of understanding each other's perspectives. Thanks, MBTM.

I have had a civil discussion, and of course I will read that. But my point still stands.

You made the claim that he didnt do something, and I provided his own words that he actually DID.

Its not that im trying to prove you wrong, im illustrating the point , that you did exactly what Trump does with the media, and then calls THEM the liars when they prove what he said, with his own video!

Im sorry if you feel I have not been civil, I dont feel that I have been insulting at all, if you do then I apologize for coming across that way.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

... IF they are true Conservatives.

Respect for the truth, the Constitution, the rule of law, the freedom of the press, are CORE conservative values.

Everything Mr. Trump has done so far has been by fiat ... and the same folks who cried for 8 years that made Obama a Tyrant thinks the SAME THING makes Trump the bestest President ever.

Do you wonder that I call you one of ATS's last true Conservatives?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Do you have a go-to news source? I don't anymore, i miss the good old days lol.
When I think about it, ATS is becoming my goto source. False narratives get debunked quickly.

Not really, to be honest I watch ALL of them, and then go on the internet and try to weed through to as close to the facts as I can get.

I get a lot of news off ATS, in that I find out a lot of breaking things on here, then I go research more on the net.

I know a lot of people hate talk radio , but I listen to a few people on there, Mark Levin being one of them.

I find that between all of them lol the Truth is somewhere in the middle.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Enjoy the article. Spoiler alert.

85% crying about Hillary Clinton ... final claim is that Mr. Trump just gets his words confused sometimes ... he's not really lying, the mean old liberals just say he is. Only one example is discussed.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I like Reuters and the AP.

Taken with a grain of salt.

I get the gist of CNN, NBC and Fox ...and then I go fact-checking if it's important enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join