It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Annee

So, how did you feel when this was done in the Obama administration?

An eye for an eye eventually leaves the world blind........

This deflection needs to stop, "because they did it" is not a valid excuse to continue down the path of destruction.

You and I have agreed and disagreed. You are honorable as I hope I am. There are some/many on ATS that are realizing we could sit down over a beer and solve stuff. The question being asked is why can't congress.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So...there wasn't enough room for CNN, HuffPo, NYT, LA Times, Politico, The Hill...

But there was room for Breitbart and and a bunch of other "Trump friendly" news outlets?

Well, that doesn't strike me as ODD at all!

Anyone know if Infowars got a super special secret invitation? I'm willing to bet they did...
edit on 24-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Kali74
I can't believe anyone would actually support this. America, I R Disappoint.

Support what? The fact that a gaggle was held with limited space and Spicer chose to let some lesser known journalists and reporters have the seats instead of the usual suspects?

They were free to share the info from the gaggle with all other media. Nobody was prevented from getting the info.

BTW, Obama did the same thing several times...calling a gaggle with liberal only media.

I can't believe you wouldn't support that!

No Obama didn't, and if you have proof, provide it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
[Poor thing, so after 8 years of fox news reporting lies now your going to play the victim, poor poor trump.

Tabernac, you Canadiens make the trouble!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

No freedoms were denied. What do you not understand about that? They weren't prevented from getting the info from the others that were given a seat.

That wasnt the intent anyway of the administration for doing this.......the message was clear......

It was a gaggle....not a press conference. Why does it always have to be the same corporate media bunch that have access?

It doesnt, but its also targeted, its not like it was random, you know that and I know that

I see nothing wrong with this at all. I didn't see anything wrong when Obama did it. He's a Dem and his gaggles left out conservative media sources. So? As long as the info is made available afterwards, no harm no foul.

Again, its the message hes trying to send more than the act itself........he declared the media the enemy of the public, hes REPEATEDLY targeted certain networks.......

And then ONLY let in networks he thinks will tow his line........

Im a strict constitutional conservative Queen.......no offense, but when people like me who are far from the Left, and who arent entrenched in the far right, and didnt vote for EITHER of the two nominees running, are urging Caution and vigilance over actions that are being taken.....

MAYBE just MAYBE people should stop and take a good hard look, and at least weigh the words of warning, before outright dismissing us........

I have no dog in this fight, I have no favorite for political figure, so for people like me to say something , its obviously not motivated by favoritism........

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that agree with him

How about locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that will report exactly what was said?

That's the problem he has with the media now. He lies then they publish those lies then he gets called out for them. Donnie dreams of having the state run media like his buddy Putin controls.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

No freedoms were denied. What do you not understand about that? They weren't prevented from getting the info from the others that were given a seat.

That wasnt the intent anyway of the administration for doing this.......the message was clear......

It was a gaggle....not a press conference. Why does it always have to be the same corporate media bunch that have access?

It doesnt, but its also targeted, its not like it was random, you know that and I know that

I see nothing wrong with this at all. I didn't see anything wrong when Obama did it. He's a Dem and his gaggles left out conservative media sources. So? As long as the info is made available afterwards, no harm no foul.

Again, its the message hes trying to send more than the act itself........he declared the media the enemy of the public, hes REPEATEDLY targeted certain networks.......

And then ONLY let in networks he thinks will tow his line........

Im a strict constitutional conservative Queen.......no offense, but when people like me who are far from the Left, and who arent entrenched in the far right, and didnt vote for EITHER of the two nominees running, are urging Caution and vigilance over actions that are being taken.....

MAYBE just MAYBE people should stop and take a good hard look, and at least weigh the words of warning, before outright dismissing us........

I have no dog in this fight, I have no favorite for political figure, so for people like me to say something , its obviously not motivated by favoritism........

thank you, pretty hard core independent myself, i lean left, and we have crossed paths. This administration is a nightmare, and anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that agree with him

How about locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that will report exactly what was said?

That's the problem he has with the media now. He lies then they publish those lies then he gets called out for them. Donnie dreams of having the state run media like his buddy Putin controls.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

thank you, pretty hard core independent myself, i lean left, and we have crossed paths. This administration is a nightmare, and anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional

absolutely, and im sure we will again too in the future lol just like Gryphon and Buster and several others on here I get in heated debates with....

However, it speaks volumes when some of us who have diametrically opposed views, agree on an issue, there has to be some truth in it....

I dont fathom how people can just dismiss that.......other than willful ignorance

Buddy!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

We see things differently. That's okay. I'm a constitutional common sense conservative, too.

President Trump declared fake news the enemy....not the media in general.

I pay very close attention to his words. I listen to his speeches, and read transcripts, and try to put it all within its context and his overall philosophy as he has laid it out for us over the past couple of years.

Just as Obama cut Fox News out of his gaggles and more than once insulted them and discounted their credibility, perhaps President Trump sees much of the liberal media as worthy of his disdain. I know I do.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Blocking Out those Obviously Biased News Agencies from White Briefings who Slant and Distort what the Trump Administration has to say to the American Public is Not Restricting Freedom of the Press , on the Contrary , it is Insuring that the American People Hear what the President and his Cabinet are trying to Accomplish without the " Spin " of Lies the MSM uses to Propagandize what they , and they alone , Consider to be News . It's About Time this Country has a President who will not be Silent in the face of Falsehoods against him .
edit on 24-2-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Blocking Out those Obviously Biased News Agencies from White Briefings who Slant and Distort what the Trump Administration has to say to the American Public is Not Restricting Freedom of the Press , on the Contrary , it is Insuring that the American People Hear what the President and his Cabinet are trying to Accomplish without the " Spin " of Lies the MSM uses to Propagandize what they , and they alone , Consider to be News . It's About Time this Country has a President who will not be Silent in the face of Falsehoods against him .

Well said

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

thank you, pretty hard core independent myself, i lean left, and we have crossed paths. This administration is a nightmare, and anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional

absolutely, and im sure we will again too in the future lol just like Gryphon and Buster and several others on here I get in heated debates with....

However, it speaks volumes when some of us who have diametrically opposed views, agree on an issue, there has to be some truth in it....

I dont fathom how people can just dismiss that.......other than willful ignorance

Buddy!

Yeah the four of us are a force, I am not sure for what, but am guessing we could down some beer.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

President Trump declared fake news the enemy....not the media in general.

Not Exactly, in fact he actually named specific media sources as a WHOLE

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People! -Donald Trump

I pay very close attention to his words. I listen to his speeches, and read transcripts, and try to put it all within its context and his overall philosophy as he has laid it out for us over the past couple of years.

But you seemed to have missed the above?

And so have I, I was one of the first people on this forum whenever he announced he was running (with in a few days) to create a thread on Trump comparing and contrasting the history of his policies and the things hes had said and done and who he was associated with.........and I have continued to do so....

Just as Obama cut Fox News out of his gaggles and more than once insulted them and discounted their credibility, perhaps President Trump sees much of the liberal media as worthy of his disdain. I know I do.

Obama clearly did not like FOX news, and he said as much, however he did not call certain news media sources an enemy of the people, call them out by name as such......

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

What falsehood has been reported against him?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Is this a permanent ban on CNN or a temporary suspension?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Buddy!

Yeah the four of us are a force, I am not sure for what, but am guessing we could down some beer.

Haha , were proof positive that even the most hard lined of opposing views can come together and have fruitful and constructive discussion!

We are proof that opposing viewpoints can stand by each other on principles, and work for the greater good!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Buddy!

Haha , were proof positive that even the most hard lined of opposing views can come together and have fruitful and constructive discussion!

We are proof that opposing viewpoints can stand by each other on principles, and work for the greater good!

We are why America will survive.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

In favor of other networks who are biased TOWARDS the president? Do you not see how thats the other side of the same coin?

on the contrary its an attempt to squelch criticism........

if hes so truthful and and they are SO slanted then surely the Truth when he confronts them with it will vindicate him of anything they say.......

The problem is........Trump has proven he lies just as much as he claims the media does, and he doesnt like when they report it.......

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Every single one of those liberal rags and media corporatists you mentioned have reported skewed, embellished, false, sourceless, misrepresented, and outright lies about Donald Trump. Every bit of their news about President Trump is followed by a negative opinion assassination of the man. They are fake news and worthy of our disdain, imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join