It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yep, it is new. Yep, it hasn't happened before.

Yep, it is unique.

And no, the Constitution doesn't require that the President speak to anyone.

But he can't stop them from speaking; and when that happens, there are those here who will be cheering that on as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump is such a fool. His administration is so full of leaks, the msm doesn't need an invitation, they get the news directly from the WH anyway. The press briefing are just so Trump can get the camera time that he loves.

No. Trump is no fool. He knows what's going on. The leaks are going to be found and plugged. The swamp has to be drained first.

No, he will never find the leaks, because part of his inner circle and probably his family is the source for the leaks.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Sean Spicer gets a medal for this!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

this is nothing, it means nothing... it has nothing to do with the constitution...

IF he decides to actively shut them down then by all means get angry... this is another case of the boy that cried wolf...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sean Spicer back on the 16th of December.

FLASHBACK: @seanspicer in Dec. says Trump WH won't ban specific media outlets. "That's what makes a democracy a democracy vs a dictatorship"

Link of relevant clip
Video of entire interview. The discussion with the quote above begins at the 37:08 mark. Politico

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Makes me want to watch CNN now. Thanks Trump!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Doesn't concern me one bit. This is being sensationalized, pure comedy.

They didn't get picked, boo hoo, suddenly its all about Trump denying free press, lol see how ridiculous that sounds?

Question, were there other credible news agencies? If so, then we're good.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: heyguysimashill
If you believe that just because a news organization runs negative stories about Trump, that makes them "fake," I really feel sorry for you. I voted for Obama and was quite critical of him, and yet when I look around at Trump supporters all I see is this simplistic, blind devotion—everything he does is good, and anything bad that happens is the MSM's fault. If you agree with any president 100% on all issues, there's a good chance that you're not thinking critically.

Nobody said the negative news is fake. Nobody.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

A lot of people are in love until they get married and then they decide that it's not going to work out.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Nobody said the negative news is fake. Nobody.

Hardly!

Just last week, Trump said that all of the negative polls were fake.

If I weren't on my cell phone, I'd link it for you.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Nobody was banned.

There was not enough room in Spicer's office.

Cerrain reporters are assigned to the press pool each day and there was only enough room for the press pool and a few others.

This wa not the usual daily press briefing held in the Brady Room.

Repeat.

NOBODY WAS BANNED OR CENSORED.

Spicer decided to hold an off-camera "gaggle" with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera briefing in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Nobody was banned.

There was not enough room in Spicer's office.

Cerrain reporters are assigned to the press pool each day and there was only enough room for the press pool and a few others.

So they are being dishonest again?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I would like a distinction to be made concerning the Middle East majority of people...

the Trump administration can continue to call the Jihadists & radicals terrorists 'Muslims' as they are following the dictates of 'fundamentalist' Islam

the MSM must call all them 'peaceful' majority of Middle Easterners by a more correct designation which has prevailed since the 1700's...designate them as Arab Semites unless they are Persians or south Semites or Turks...

Muslim has a onerous reputation and should only be reserved for the people who are radically inclined and whish to kill those who refuse to convert to Islam or the Islamic Community taking over-the-world by force accompanied by stealth.

an Arab or Aramaic Semite along with Old South Arabic & South Semite could all be grouped as A. Semites versus the Hebrew Semites...
and as I noted earlier the Persians, Kurds, Turks could be identified as such until they follow radical Muslim Jihad and Offensive-or-attack Mode- Islam then the 'Muslim' label would better identify that group from the majority A. Semites & others

the act of news services changing the use of the term 'Muslim' to be a definition of criminal, anti-humanitarian attributes, would qualify that news outlet to be invited to the round-table of enlightened news services...and by extension the Trump WH and It's legacy leadership
edit on th28148797509624242017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I would say the same thing. That's different than a negative story. The most accurate poll of the election shows Trump's ratings at 55%, I'd trust them more than the LA Times, CNN etc polls.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
He didn't stop anyone from reporting anything. CNN is still a network and they are still reporting and posting stories.. Being invited to the white house press conferences is a privilege not a right. That's why you have to be invited.

CNN had the privilege for years, ever since Ted turner started CNN after Carter lost the election. Now cnn and other news companies have lost their privileges to be there.. Big whoop.. Watch the press conference stream like rest of us and do your reports.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: alphabetaone

I would rather the media report what Trump said and they can stuff their editorializing. I am not looking for some a-hole at CNN to tell me what to think about what was said.

If I could give you 50 stars I would. Spot on my friend. Common sense is rare now days.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tehdouglas

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its all good, the more he acts out, the lower number of people will defend him in the long run.

Lol, the only people who are thinking this way are liberals who aren't going to vote for him anyways.

There a whole world out there and they dont like trump, also there mostly not liberals just like me. Wow you just learned something today.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
lets play their game if the media is fake news , then ever time trump speaks don't air it.The media can pick and choose also. I hope

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here's a breaking relevant news story about this...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join