It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: fandancego
These days MSM should report facts and daily happenings. If people want opinions, there are tons of them on youtube. In fact, these days people get most of their news on youtube and not from MSM.

Absolutely agree.........there was a time when it was that way

Unfortunately EVERY news network now is agenda , and narrative driven, instead of fact driven......

All of em, ABC, NBC, FOX News, CNN, Breitbart, SALON, you name it

Do you have a go-to news source? I don't anymore, i miss the good old days lol.
When I think about it, ATS is becoming my goto source. False narratives get debunked quickly.

Not really, to be honest I watch ALL of them, and then go on the internet and try to weed through to as close to the facts as I can get.

I get a lot of news off ATS, in that I find out a lot of breaking things on here, then I go research more on the net.

I know a lot of people hate talk radio , but I listen to a few people on there, Mark Levin being one of them.

I find that between all of them lol the Truth is somewhere in the middle.

Can I listen to Mark Levin online?
Have a link?
Wonder how the bandwidth is listening to streams, I'm data limited here...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I'm not sure. It only listed the 5 that I quoted and I don't know if Breitbart is included in any of the six.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

What falsehood has been reported against him?

Take your Pick Mr. B . , I am not in the Habit of answering Rhetorical Questions .

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Respect for the truth, the Constitution, the rule of law, the freedom of the press, are CORE conservative values.

Agreed , which is why it confounds me so that there seems to be so much placating from them with this all out attack from Trump on those very things.

Everything Mr. Trump has done so far has been by fiat ... and the same folks who cried for 8 years that made Obama a Tyrant thinks the SAME THING makes Trump the bestest President ever.

Trump is playing the same cards , just a different deck.

The ONLY explanation I have come up with in my mind , for this indifference, is the "payback" factor, otherwise it makes absolutely no sense that any of them support the things going on.

Hell even his campaign slogan to me sounded like "hope and change"

Do you wonder that I call you one of ATS's last true Conservatives?

Well , sometimes , but then again sometimes i wonder if I have just lost it and maybe what I thought was conservative all along wasnt.

politically Ive always identified as libertarian as far back as I can remember.

I hope there are enough of us on that same page, that MAYBE the next election cycle we can blow up a 3rd party

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

They still have their freedom. They just can't report fake news about the president.

That's not what Freedom of the Press means though and in no way does this stop them from reporting fake news about the president if that was their intention.

It would certainly stop them from being able to report accurate news about the president however if that is there intention.

So I'd have to disagree.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I like Reuters and the AP.

Taken with a grain of salt.

I get the gist of CNN, NBC and Fox ...and then I go fact-checking if it's important enough.

I actually quite like Reuters as well as AP, hell I even watch RT on occasion, as far as RT is concerned its interesting how they mix in accurate articles with other stuff thats completely state sponsored lol ( i guess a lot like a few networks here)

I watch fox every so often, but when they threw Kelly to the wolves for doing her job at the debates, and I watched so many at the network crucify her, I pretty much walked away. I always knew they were biased, but when they started to eat their own to hold the narrative I couldnt handle it anymore.

Now they have done the same with Shep and that other guy....

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: BubbaJoe

What falsehood has been reported against him?

Take your Pick Mr. B . , I am not in the Habit of answering Rhetorical Questions .

I don't think any falsehood has been reported against him, but he claims they all are.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

My basic understanding is just fine.

They can still report based off the information given to them by others, but they can't report on it based on the information they get first hand.

They also can't ask any questions either.

IMO, we're all getting the info through others who are reporting it. Therefore the accuracy of it will vary depending upon who's doing the reporting. So the more reports from different sources there are the better. Having less just means restricting my sources from which I'm able to extract from to try and know what's really going on.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I Only Take News Stories at Face Value when they are Reported by Real People who Happen to be at the Scene at the Time , and Personally Document the Goings On there Minus After the Fact Commentary . Suffice to say , that Scenario is a Rarity Nowadays .

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I watch fox every so often, but when they threw Kelly to the wolves for doing her job at the debates, and I watched so many at the network crucify her, I pretty much walked away. I always knew they were biased, but when they started to eat their own to hold the narrative I couldnt handle it anymore.

Now they have done the same with Shep and that other guy....

... which regardless of the past, just boggles my mind to hear that Fox is the best and least biased by intelligent folks that I know are smart enough to know better.

I've actually been listening to Morning Joe of late. Joe seems to have his head on straight "for a Republican." LOL

edit on 25-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

The White House blocked a number of news outlets from covering spokesman Sean Spicer's question-and-answer session on Friday afternoon.
Spicer decided to hold an off-camera "gaggle" with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera briefing in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.
Among the outlets not permitted to cover the gaggle were news organizations that President Trump has singled out for criticism, including CNN.
The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend.

Full Article for Above

Is anyone seeing a problem with this yet?

In another thread, I had stated that Trump's "FAKE NEWS" tweets was a precursor to locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that agree with him effectively getting away with anything he wants...

Gee....who saw that coming?

Trump didn't coin the term fake news. The MSM invented it several months ago to try to label and destroy alternative news sources on the Internet. Ironically, many social media websites were using the term to justify censorship.

Just like the term deplorables, it backfired hard.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
To my mind, fake news is just that ... fake.

If it's not true both in fact and in context with evidence ... it's fake. Or opinion.

Mr. Trump uses the term to mean anything that disagrees with him. All the news is fake, and more than that, these people are ENEMIES of the American people.

That puts this in a completely different category from anything that has happened in recent times.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Saw this in my Internet scowering... Puts some perspective on things.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Saw this in my Internet scowering... Puts some perspective on things.

I remember those events and thinking at the time, oh well, presidents gonna do what he wants to do.
I did not scream and cry and make forum posts about it thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Another one I saw.." Unprecedented!"

President Barack Obama held a private meeting with reporters and liberal columnists at the White House on Monday to discuss the administration's Iran policy, sources with knowledge of the meeting told the On Media blog.

The meeting, one of many such off-the-record meetings the president has held with members of the media during his tenure, came just days after the United States, five other major powers and Iran struck a tentative deal to limit Tehran's nuclear program.

Politico article in archive.
archive.is...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Good for the White House. If I were Pres, I wouldn't allow very fake news to my briefings either.

So why invite Breitbart and media that are known to kiss his ass?

Very North Korean.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
this thing really is funny, as mentioned above I remember thinking when the previous Administration decided to try and marginalize and push Fox out... the right freaked the left laughed and said win an election and you can do it your way..

When the famous phone and a pen line was uttered the right was laughed at once again...

I remember thinking both times... you idiots opened the door, and when the republicans get back in the oval office they will use these two avenues like a bludgeon..and the left will scream and cry.

Sure enough the republicans went further and the left is screaming constitutional crisis...

He has not violated the freedom of the press (at this time) no matter how badly some want the guy gone.

Also it is hard to take some folks seriously when they regard the guy as a scumbag, or worse...

I did not like Obama in office, but he was still my president, and I think the worst description I used for him was the "worst leader I have ever seen" that includes some Lt's I deployed with, never refereed to him a scumbag or liar or not my president.

If you can't drop you hyperbole (constitutional crisis, literally hitler, etc) and actually talk about the issue, it is impossible to have a real conversation about what is going on.

While I will admit I never made a statement like this when Obama got into office (wasnt on ATS at the time) I do not remember him ever being attacked 24 hours a day by multiple MSM's, many people, hollywood... etc... late night talk shoes used to be where these jokes occurred, I also do not remember so much vitriol being thrown at his supporters in those first months of him taking office. (not saying it did not happen, I just do not remember this much hate being directed at the president and his supporters)

edit on 25-2-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Another funny thing ... let's assume that the Obama Administration did push Fox News out (they didn't unless you can show me where Fox was banned from the pressroom).

Fox News was known for bias against President Obama. The argument is being made here time and time again that CNN et. al. should be excluded because of bias against Trump ... but now want to cry that Fox was excluded in the previous Administration.

Irony, anyone?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Has CNN had their credentials revoked?

Are they banned from the white house?

I am not crying about it, I thought it was stupid move because as usual the democrats tip toe towards something, and once the door is opened the republicans bust in and go whole hog with what the democrats were working towards.

to the best of my knowledge based off what folks have already linked in this thread, Obama did attempt to marginalize Fox, trump's people took it a step farther.

NY times

I wont copy and paste the article, but it covers a lot of the dispute between the white house and fox, things like this are why I am not concerned about this particular thing at this particular time.

Democrats backed down in 09 republicans didnt this time, I expect things will go back to normal shortly, its a tiff between a combative news organization... it is not new, and I expect you will have something new to be outraged over soon enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join