It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas UFO making sharp turns 02/19/17

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
On the 19th of February a photographer was making a series of timelaps picture of the Kansas sky (taken about 30 miles south east of wichita, KS). In a timespan of 14 minutes he took 8 pictures in which he captured a bright object making some very sharp turns. The object also seems to accelerate during the last minutes. There has been a lot of debate over the last few days whether this could be a plane or not. There are no major airports in that direction within 60+ miles. I was hoping the ATS crew could shine some (more) light on these pictures.

Edit: the link does not work when I try to embed the video so here is the youtube link

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-2-2017 by SirBlackKnight because: embedded link does not work

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Error message when trying to play the video you posted. I'll see what a Google search brings up for now.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Noticed the same, I edited the post and added the full link. Not sure why the embedded link does not work, never had that problem before.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Tip on uploading some youtube vids that traditional copy/paste won't work or if it's a group vid. Hit share and copy everything after slash .

Man I have to consider cgi with most of these vids and youtube hosts, so I'm just not sure…
edit on 24-2-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hard to get much out of this but it is an interesting flight path. Wish he could have recorded video in real time.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

I'm not sure what that is but looking at the video, there appears to be a meteorite or another abject streaking in from the left in a left to right & downward angle of travel. I wondered if the object in question turned due to this meteorite or whatever it was.

It is a nice timelapse of the sky and certainly has clearly captured something worth looking into.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A very common failing i see all the time with these videos is "it can't be a plane because there's no airport nearby". Ok, what does that have to do with it (this isn't directed at you specifically OP, but in general). First, planes have to cross areas workout airports to get from point A to point B. Second, military training isn't going to take place anywhere near an airport.

That's about exactly what a maneuvering plane would look like.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not saying this could not be a plane. Could very well be, I don't have much experience/knowledge of the turning capabilities of planes. It it's a plane, it's a plane, simple. But I live in an area where a lot of planes come by and I have never witnessed a plane turn like that. But this could be an excercise of course of a military plane. That's the reason why I posted this, so see whether people could tell me this is within the capabilities of a plane (of any kind)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's not as obvious in real time, but when you do a series of long exposures, and stack them,then it looks like that. Eriktheawful has a great thread on night photography where he talks about doing that. In some night pictures, you'll see the plane go all the way across the picture, just as a solid line, because of the exposure time and number of images they stack.

If you were there watching it would look just like a plane making a normal turn.

Sorryif my first post came across as being snippy at you, it wasn't meant to be directed at you. But a lot of people seem to think no airport means no planes flying nearby.
edit on 2/24/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Second, military training isn't going to take place anywhere near an airport.

Or smuggling.

That's about exactly what a maneuvering plane would look like.

Yep.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I will go with logic.......Its an Airplane. Either Commercial or Military.

As the video presenter states, Each Image of this time exposure film animation is 2 Minutes in time.........

The Complete sequence shown, was 14 minutes in length!!!!

The Animation makes the appearance, that it is in real time and the "Light" just shot off into space......

It DID NOT. It took 14 minutes, so the "Shooting Off" was several minutes.....

UFO Yes,.... as we are not sure what type of airplane it is.......Aliens??

No, Not this time....sorry.
edit on 24-2-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There IS an airport in Wichita, which you mentioned is 30 miles away. I don't know what you mean by "major" airport, but it's considered a major airport in Kansas. There aren't a lot of airports in Kansas, and Wichita is one of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It is an ambiguous light in the sky on a two-minute time lapse.
I think we have to logically go with an aircraft on this one.

top topics

join