It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican and Democrat Campfire Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Good to see you here Kaylaluv.

I agree with what you say, and in the spirit of this thread, will raise a glass and mention another.

I believe certain groups of people and minorities have been dealt a bad enough hand - By other people, their own family/communities, and the government alike - Or, have been unfortunate enough to find themselves in less than ideal circumstances, that compassion and empathy in the form of social welfare is necessary to ensure a minimum standard of living.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't consider myself a partisan as I get annoyed by people on both sides of the aisle. I know I don't like anyone telling me what to do our how to live my life. Personal liberty is my politics.

Legalize it all...freedom for all (and leave me the hell alone).

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
While I tend to be more liberal when it comes to social issues, I enjoy guns. I've got a Ithica 12 guage (think it says "Police special" on it), a SKS that, if I understand modification laws, is probably not legal, and an old Marlin .22 that i've had since I was ten years old plinking cans on the farm. Not interested in taking everyone else's guns, cause it's hard enough to find someone to go shooting with as it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
I ran across this some time ago and saved it because I like the ideas and think Political Reform could be a unifying approach. Now who brought the smores and Makers Mark?

Additionally, empathy included in perspective at times, as in put oneself in others shoes and determine how they arrive at their conclusion(s). I'm not talking about letting emotions lead us, but at the same time, it seems unbalanced to not consider how others feel at all.

I'm glad you mentioned that. Empathy and actually putting yourself in someone else's shoes is something that is looked down upon today, by a lot of people, and thinking like that only serves to help divide us all.

We definitely need more of that.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Less bureaucrats, lower taxes and make rum run from everybody's kitchen tap.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't consider myself a partisan as I get annoyed by people on both sides of the aisle. I know I don't like anyone telling me what to do our how to live my life. Personal liberty is my politics.

Legalize it all...freedom for all (and leave me the hell alone).

Same here. My thing is, even though I lean left on most things, I love my guns. I've been shooting since I was 5 years old, so I don't have the fear a lot of people have regarding the subject. And I'm all for having less government control over every aspect of my life.

But, I also believe that the government we spend our lives paying into should have the infrastructure there to help us if we need help.

Maybe something like optional big government.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So it's settled then, let's decrim and go shoot the hell out of some stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So it's settled then, let's decrim and go shoot the hell out of some stuff.

I'm completely there with you haha. Bring the bourbon and I'll bring some ammo. (In the name of one of my favorite writers from my state, Hunter S. Thompson.)

edit on 24-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll go shoot #, its a wonderful (but expensive) hobby for this guy here

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Bring the bourbon and I'll bring some ammo.

Works for me, I have a bottle of export only Four Roses I've been saving for such a momentous occasion.

edit on 24-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well okay,

I brought some snacks...

So I think that we could agree that we want our Constitutional rights to be upheld, and checks and balances to be in place so our government can function as it was supposed to.

A big NO to violent protests.

I think infrastructure is very important, both physical things like roads and bridges and dams, as well as technology.

As to things I want? I want to have the ability to care for both my sons. My eldest has severe autism and gets services through Medicaid. He lives at home with us and is a 24/7/365 care kind of guy. My youngest has a major surgery coming up, that if he doesn't get, he will eventually die. (Sorry to bring this up. I'm kind of sad about it right now.)

I'll just start there...

Anybody need a chair? I brought extras!

edit on 24-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: added a couple things....

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Bring the bourbon and I'll bring some ammo.

Works for me, I have a bottle of export only Four Roses I've been saving for such a momentous occasion.

I'll bring the Van Winkle

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Bring the cash in front of it too.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
heh... I dunno about the bourbon and shooting. When I was young and dumb me and my friends used to do it a lot... and honestly, it's just sheer luck that we all survived.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Bring the cash in front of it too.

Haha I didn't notice that.

Touché

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
heh... I dunno about the bourbon and shooting. When I was young and dumb me and my friends used to do it a lot... and honestly, it's just sheer luck that we all survived.

That's how you know you're meant to be alive.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well if guns and alcohol didn't belong together then why does ATF stand for Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms?! Seems like the Government thinks they are all to be grouped.

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Well if guns and alcohol didn't belong together then why does ATF stand for Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms?! Seems like the Government thinks they are all to be grouped.

Just saying...

The ATF always seemed like the fun agency. I just picture a bunch of people smoking cigars, shooting guns, and drinking whiskey.
edit on 24-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I want to be left alone.

I don't want government bothering me with new taxes, new demands. I don't want my government to dictate what is and isn't acceptable in society.

For their track record alone, I'm far more accepting of anyone and every one than government has been.

But government tries to socially condition people to hate or agree or march against whatever it is government is pissed at, at any given time.

I like having the freedom to screw up. I like having the freedom to correct my own mistakes.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I like beer and marijuana. I own guns, like to shoot and don't want my right to do so messed with but don't think a solid background check does that.

Having been trans myself as a child, I want students to pee in the bathroom that best aligns with who they are as people and I would like this to be a the law of the land.

So, don't Bogart that joint my friend, pass the bottle and give me some marshmallows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join