It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican and Democrat Campfire Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
In the spirit of unity, I thought it would be good to have a place where we can for once focus on our similarities instead of our differences.

It occurred to me that we all (mostly) want the same things, but it's just the way we go about it that makes us seem that different to each other. The media, whether mainstream or right wing doesn't help by pitting us against each other just to further their own power struggles. And we all fall for it at one time or another, me included.

So, hopefully this will be a thread where we can find common ground with each other. Because the thing that scares the real people in power more than anything, is us NOT being divided.

So, put your partisanship aside, and come sit around the campfire.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I am for decriminalization of drugs. I don't use them, but I am for freedom when it doesn't affect someone else.

I think a lot of us can agree on that around the fire.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am for decriminalization of drugs. I don't use them, but I am for freedom when it doesn't affect someone else.

Same here.

I'll start it off with another one.

I like beer.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I agree with that. They should only be going after the dealers. Those guys cause complete havoc for many families and countless deaths.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Freedom to put in your body what you choose should be one of the basic freedoms we're all afforded. As long as you aren't hurting anyone else.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Same here.

I like beer.

I like some beers.
Then there are some that I don't like so much.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'll give it a whirl. I denounce any and all violence at protests. People who ruin peaceful protests by committing violent acts should be arrested and punished to the full extent of the law.

Oh and I think people like Milo should be able to speak at public events. We should also be allowed to debate the issues with him at those events. I think he should be prepared and willing to have lots of people jumping all over his ass (from a debate standpoint only), but let him speak.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

hey i like beer! *slap hands* oatmeal raisin cookies are great too. obviously not together, but get drunk enough and they might!

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I think he should be prepared and willing to have lots of people jumping all over his ass (from a debate standpoint only), but let him speak.

Look at you, ruining a perfectly good joke by qualifying your statement.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Same here.

I like beer.

I like some beers.
Then there are some that I don't like so much.

Actually I'm more of a Bourbon or Cognac guy. Favorite beer is probably Newcastle.

I figured beer is something most of us can relate to in one way or another.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

my newest favorite is goose island IPA, been buying that up lately

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
my newest favorite is goose island IPA, been buying that up lately

Try the Goose Island Sophie, it's so good it'll make you forget about politics.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I am for reducing the amount of abortions performed/received in the ways that are responsible, ethical, etc - Such reductions would include birth control, IUD's, condoms, etc - Even at the expense at the tax-payer as I'm not for controlling someone's actions, it's more a gray area for me, but I am for reducing the amount in general in responsible ways.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

alright, i'll see if i can find some after work, after all, it is Friday!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I ran across this some time ago and saved it because I like the ideas and think Political Reform could be a unifying approach. Now who brought the smores and Makers Mark?

Additionally, empathy included in perspective at times, as in put oneself in others shoes and determine how they arrive at their conclusion(s). I'm not talking about letting emotions lead us, but at the same time, it seems unbalanced to not consider how others feel at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh man republicans and democrats campfire........

Well shucks I guess I will go back into the woods and hang out with the weirdo Libertarians and Independents
But watch out latter ha ha ha..........

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I am for reducing the amount of abortions performed/received in the ways that are responsible, ethical, etc - Such reductions would include birth control, IUD's, condoms, etc - Even at the expense at the tax-payer as I'm not for controlling someone's actions, it's more a gray area for me, but I am for reducing the amount in general in responsible ways.

I don't agree with the taking of a life aspect of abortions, but I realize it isn't my place to tell anyone else what to do with their bodies.

I wish people would stay out of my business, so I try to stay out of other peoples.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Oh man republicans and democrats campfire........

Well shucks I guess I will go back into the woods and hang out with the weirdo Libertarians and Independents
But watch out latter ha ha ha..........

You're invited too

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
I ran across this some time ago and saved it because I like the ideas and think Political Reform could be a unifying approach. Now who brought the smores and Makers Mark?

Additionally, empathy included in perspective at times, as in put oneself in others shoes and determine how they arrive at their conclusion(s). I'm not talking about letting emotions lead us, but at the same time, it seems unbalanced to not consider how others feel at all.

I've got some makers and some Old Grand Pappy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join